• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4

Sooo, regarding the LSO volume... I tried using RFN's own Charles de Gaulle, which forces the French sound files to be used and they come through loud and clear! This made me try playing the same LSO calls direct from the WAVs (i.e. outside the sim) in French vs. American and sure enough the American ones are more subdued. I figure when these were recorded they quality of the mic used wasn't so hot. I'm considering recording my own, but they'll be in English rather than American! :wink-new:

The visibility of the landing lights issue may just come down to one carrier, HMS Victorious '60. When using other carriers all seems well so far.
Sorry about the English language LSO voice. That is my voice and I made them years ago for the Team SDB Enterprise in P3D since it doesn't include missions. The original English LSO sounds in the RFN carrier gauge were picked from the FSX carrier missions files. But they couldn't legally be included in the new RFN gauge package for P3D so we offered up our set. We're making new ones for an Enterprise repackage with the new gauge.
:ernaehrung004:

Sorry, no VR support

No worries! :adoration: Something to consider for future development perhaps? It sure is great to approach a carrier in 3D VR!

I've made some British LSO voices and so far they're working great. I'm likely to release them in the future. It occured to me it would be good to have different LSO voices for French, US and British carriers, plus even Australian, Canadian etc. Do you think this would be possible in the RFN Gauge?

Might it be possible to add a sound when the approach is correct? For instance when a pilot had corrected their approach a British LSO might say something akin to "You're on the Roger, hold that attitude..."

Also, when testing my British LSO voices I noted the wires I caught seemed to be in reverse order. To my mind Wire 1 is aft and Wire 4 is for'ard and I seem to get the opposite calls?

On the subject of wires, am I imagining it or does FSX/P3D have limit of 4 wires? I ask because I'm developing a carrier which could require 5 and I'm also aware of some with 6.

Hi,
The gauge is already design to manage different language: You have to enrich the RFN_Parameters.xml file with the new language defining name and path for all the required sound files, and then specifying the carriers you want to use this language by setting "Language" parameter into RFN_Carrier.xml file.

The more complexe point is to have a set of sound files to use!
If one can provide us some sets of voice recorded sound files, I 'd be glad to add it into our package: as you said Airtrooper, having some nice British, Canadian or Australian LSO accents and/or expressions would be really great!!
Having extra calls when everything is ok could be done, but I was told that guys in the navy were not very talkative... (lol)
At the beginning we were limited to FSX Acceleration missions's sounds, but now we have to record our own sound sets so we're potentially more free... I'll think about it, and if I have a record session to come!

Regards
Sylvain

Hi,
The gauge is already design to manage different language: You have to enrich the RFN_Parameters.xml file with the new language defining name and path for all the required sound files, and then specifying the carriers you want to use this language by setting "Language" parameter into RFN_Carrier.xml file

Excellent! When I have time I will do exactly that!

I've recorded British LSO sound files and I'll do the same for USA and Australia as time allows...

Many thanks

Andy

I'm having a slight issue with this gauge in that when I use either method of getting it to display, all that happens is that it briefly appears on screen (for <1 second) and then disappears. I've tried it in the Buccaneer, Goshawk, and the RFN Alize as that comes with the gauge entries already made so it should eliminate any errors on my part!

Any ideas what's going on?

I'm having a slight issue with this gauge in that when I use either method of getting it to display, all that happens is that it briefly appears on screen (for <1 second) and then disappears. I've tried it in the Buccaneer, Goshawk, and the RFN Alize as that comes with the gauge entries already made so it should eliminate any errors on my part!

Any ideas what's going on?

Hi Skippy,
The more current cause for " a disappearing window" are:
- A pb into the Panel.cfg => Do you use 64bit panel entries (I did some changes in the P3D V4 version)?
- C++ pre requires with MS VC++ redistrib 2013 x64

Regards,
Sylvain

Hi Skippy,
The more current cause for " a disappearing window" are:
- A pb into the Panel.cfg => Do you use 64bit panel entries (I did some changes in the P3D V4 version)?
- C++ pre requires with MS VC++ redistrib 2013 x64

Regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

I copied all the panel entries from the read me so I think they should be fine?
I reinstalled the VC+ redistrib as well, which took a while!
Still no joy though, I'll try fiddling, I've had it before on my own panels so I should be able to figure it out eventually!

Regards,
Skippy

Edited to add:

Ha, so the content error logging helpfully pointed out I was using the 32bit dll! Obviously clicked the wrong download link and then never noticed I'd got the wrong version. Apologies for the confusion.

I love carriers and I love VR. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to use the RFN Gauge in VR (other than using FlyInside)? If not, would Sylvain et al consider an update to make this possible please?

Is there a way to change the default frequency (currently tuned to USS Enterprise) so it starts with another carrier of our choice each time?

Is there a way to change the default frequency (currently tuned to USS Enterprise) so it starts with another carrier of our choice each time?
I wasn't aware there was a default frequency. But if it can be set it will probably be discussed beginning on page 22 of the RFN Gauge manual.

Did some digging into the xml files included with the gauge and there is nothing in there to define the initial frequency.

So did some testing in the game. Thought it might be based on the order of the vessels in the carrier.xml file cross referenced to what you have installed but that isn't it.

So not sure. :indecisiveness:

Hi Airtrooper
Try this:
When you begin the flight, turn the frequency on your desired channel (NAV2 if RFN Gauge is setted on NAV2).
Then save this flight as default flight.
Next time you will start, you will be on the new frequency.
Let we know the result?
Regards
Michel

Last edited:
Sylvain and I emailed back and forth about the frequency. His findings:

It would appear that the P3D default flight has tuned Nav2 frequency on 110.60Mhz which is one of the CVN-65 frequencies.
So any time you load a plane using this default flight you'll have Nav2 tuned on 110.60. If you load another saved flight with a different Nav2 freq, P3D will keep this last one.
The RFN gauge is not changing Nav freq when loading a flight.

I looks weird because default F22 plane shows Nav1 so we have the feeling that RFN gauge modify the freq to tune 110.6Mhz when after having loaded Crusader,
but RFN gauge in the Crusader is mapped with Nav2 and not Nav1 : no freq change just different Nav shown up![/QUOTE]

P3D v5 has kept that same 113.7Mhz for Nav1 and 110.6Mhz for Nav2 when the default F-35 is loaded. If unchanged any follow-on aircraft will use the same frequencies for their starting radio frequencies.

So, as Michel suggested above, maybe change your default startup aircraft and the frequencies it is tuned to and save it as a new startup scenario?

It would appear that the P3D default flight has tuned Nav2 frequency on 110.60Mhz which is one of the CVN-65 frequencies.
So any time you load a plane using this default flight you'll have Nav2 tuned on 110.60. If you load another saved flight with a different Nav2 freq, P3D will keep this last one.

That explains it!

Many thanks!

Andy

Another way is using the "Previous Flight.fxml" file.
Go to ":\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files" and make a backup of the "previous Flight.fxml" file.
Then look for
<Section Name="Avionics.0">
and modify the frequency in the line
<Property Name="Nav2Active" Value="110.60" />
Save the file in the same format (UTF-8-BOM for example)

Carrier ops - no ILS signal

Hi loomy
Unabled to send a private message because your mailbox is full.
Regards.
Michel

Hi Michel,
Thanks for answering my help request. No I am a member+ and can use all tools.

Would you spend some time to exchange some thought of why the ILS signal is not working in my T-45 Goshawk from Dino during an ILS approach on Navier's carriers? That is really giving me a headache.

I am using P3D v4.5 HF3 on Win 10. I reinsatalled my FS yesterday and just now installe the T-45 and the carriers from USS_Nimitz_USS_Eisenhower_v2.zip. According to what I heard, the ILS should work without having Tackpac installed.

Thanks for your reply and stay healthy.

Achim

Seeing this thread reminds me that I've got a bizarre issue with the RFN TACAN v5.00 gauge.

I installed it (Classic view of course ... lol.) into a number of aircraft, and it by and large works fine - TACAN/ILS needles lock on, DME indicates range correctly, etc.

But what is odd is that no LSO sounds are present on any aircraft - except for the Dino TA-4J Skyhawk. Very strange. I get all the callouts when flying that aircraft, but no callouts when I fly any other aircraft that I have installed the TACAN gauge into. That includes the Dino F-14, the Razbam A-7, Razbam T-2, and the RFN F-8, which already had the gauge installed. Am flying P3Dv4.5.

If someone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Kind regards, and many thanks in advance.

dl

EDIT - also added it to the FSXBA F/A-18C, and I get the proper sounds. Nothing with the others. Same entries, except for the specific sequence of the windows and gauges as required.

Hi Delta_Lima
1) Could you confirm that the "RFN_Sounds" folder is in the same directory and at the same level as RFN_Resources?
These folders must be at the same place as RFN_carriergauge64.dll
2) If it is OK, try to heard some waw file in RFN_Sounds by double clicking on (US_CallTheball.wav,...).
3) In the RFN_Carrier.xml, have a look on each Carrier or FCLP, at this line Language="FR" or Language="US"
4) All sounds files are called by the section <SoundFileList> in RFN_Parameters.xml file.
Regards
Michel

Back