• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4

Hi dl
The classic gauge doesn't use the stand by frequency. So if this section is incomplete, it will be interesting for us to know what happens.

The double arrow of the NG box may, in some cases, not work.
First, choose an airplane with an "Avionic Master" button and set it to "ON". Then change the plane and take the one equipped with the RFN gauge then perform a test of the frequency toggle button.
It is also possible that this situation results from the default flight that can be corrected in the configuration file. For FSX-Acc, FSX-SE open with notepad ++ the default flight .flt file found in \ Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files and search for the [Avionics.0] section.
If the value of AvionicsSwitch = False put it on AvionicsSwitch = True.
For P3D the .fxml file of the recorded flight is in \ Documents \ Prepar3D vx Files.
Make a Backup of original files.

... And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side...
What I have to understand? No signal or no FLOLS trailers?
FLOLS trailers are in the RFN FCLP scenery and the signal is called with RFN_Carrier.xml and
VEH_FLOLS_Trailer which is in \SimObjects\Boats
Have a look in the content error.

I’ve confirmed default flight in default AC114 has avionicsswitch = true.

I have FLOL lights working fine. Just no trailers or LSO visible ever.

Thanks Michel,

DL

Hi dl
Can you test this v5 RFN-FCLP scenery (WIP)?
Let me know your feedback.
Regards
Michel
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/RFN-FCLP/RFN-FCLP.zip
You will also find a gauge working fine on all default TACAN in P3Dv5.

Hi Michel,

The good news is the attached pack cured the trailers problem - now I've got FLOLS trailers (except as noted below) but now unfortunately the intermittent LSO voice issue has come back. I'm going to take a deeper look tonight at how I merged the new gauge folders.

The exceptions were with airfields where there was an MAIW scenery - eg: NAS Miramar. The lights appear, but not the trailers. So I think the MAIW Matrix structure (which forces itself to the top of all the scenery layers) doesn't interop with the RFN FLOL trailer bgls. At least the lights work, so that's not an issue. But on fields like Meridian, and Kingsville, both lights and trailers work fine.

So if you're running MAIW Matrix with all their scenery, your choice is either a) disable any specific MAIW airfields you want to have trailers on, and instead substitute those suggested by RFN, or have the nice MAIW airfields but no trailers, just the lights.

I'll play around some more, but that seems to be the tradeoff. I'll see if I can get to he bottom of the sounds issue again.

dl

Hi DL
Normally, if the RFN FCLp is number one in the priority, there is nothing to make with all specific sceneries.
Is RFN FCLP priority one?
Try this for testing.

Hi DL
Normally, if the RFN FCLp is number one in the priority, there is nothing to make with all specific sceneries.
Is RFN FCLP priority one?
Try this for testing.

Hi Michel,

As I mentioned, no; the highest I can make the RFN scenery is AFTER all the MAIW layers, and I can't modify that that - I'd have to uninstall all the MAIW Matrix setup. Those MAIW layers are "greyed out" in the scenery priority list - can't be moved. So the highest is about 5 or so from the top. So I feel confident guessing there's a conflict - both the MAIW and RFN FLOLS "scenery" need to be on top, and that means on MAIW naval fields, the FLOLS trailers won't show up.

Not RFN's fault, of course, just a classic "interoperability" problem that I don't think can be solved by a lowly user like me.

To be honest, I can live with not having the trailers on the MAIW fields - the bigger issue is for me is why the LSO calls don't happen consistently - and I think I'm fuzzy on what I should have installed on this new gauge contents vs what used to be on the v5 on the gauge. I'll keep looking.

thx,

Daniel

I understand now.
1) This is not a conflict. This is only priority scenery issue.
Each scenery has his exclude file.
So, if MAIW scenery is above RFN FCLP scenery, the exclude desabled all objects which are in the zone.
It seems the MAIW install is made with an add-on.xml in \Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons?
We are working to do the same. So the scenery package will can take the place you want.
2) But the FLOLS can take place with the RFNcarriergauge for specific FCLP
Have a look page 23 of the RFN_CarrierGauge.pdf
You will find the FLOLS name to use for having FLOLS.
Try with FLOLS_Name="VEH_FLOLS_Trailer_Orange" in the RFN_carrier.xml each FCLP you need do that.
First, do a test on only one FCLP.
Regards
Michel

Back