• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4

Hi Delta_Lima
1) Could you confirm that the "RFN_Sounds" folder is in the same directory and at the same level as RFN_Resources?
These folders must be at the same place as RFN_carriergauge64.dll
2) If it is OK, try to heard some waw file in RFN_Sounds by double clicking on (US_CallTheball.wav,...).
3) In the RFN_Carrier.xml, have a look on each Carrier or FCLP, at this line Language="FR" or Language="US"
4) All sounds files are called by the section <SoundFileList> in RFN_Parameters.xml file.
Regards
Michel

Hi Michel - thanks for the reply.

1) yes - both those folders are in my gauges folder, at the same level, and it's the same location for the at 64bit dll
2) I've sampled all the .wav files - they're all working. As I mentioned, on two of the aircraft where I have the gauges added, all the callout sounds are working fine.
3) All carriers and FCLPs have a Language entry of either FR or US.
4) Not sure what you mean, but I believe they are all called out, as shown here: this is the full contents of the RFN_Parameters.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<!-- RFN_Parameters.xml file for RFN Carrier Gauge V4.20 -->
<!-- by S.Parouty --- Royale French Navy - July 2015 09-03-2018 -->

<Parameters>
<!-- Define keyboard shortcuts managed by the gauge -->
<!-- By Default ToggleInput="Shift+Ctrl+Z", RefuelInput="Shift+Ctrl+A" and GoToInput="Ctrl+F1" -->
<Keyboard_Commands
ToggleInput="Shift+Ctrl+Z"
RefuelInput="Shift+Ctrl+A"
GoToInput="Ctrl+F1"/>
<!-- Define Wave Off properties -->
<!-- Distance of Wave Off check : in NM (by default 0.2NM) -->
<!-- Glide Slope thresholds : by default : +3.0° max and -1.65° min) -->
<!-- LOC thresholds : by default +1.8°max and -1.8°min -->
<!-- WaveOff duration : by default 5 seconds -->
<WaveOff
Dist_Check_WaveOff="0.20"
GS_Error_Max="3.0"
GS_Error_Min="-1.65"
LOC_Error_Max="1.8"
LOC_Error_Min="-1.8"
WO_Duration="5.0"/>
<!-- Define Meatball movement properties -->
<!-- Distance of activation : in NM (by default 2.0NM)-->
<!-- Amplitude : max/min of GS error (by default : +/-3.0°) -->
<!-- Sensibilty : Meatball % = (Coef*GS Error)^Meatball_Power (by default : 0.5 a square root law) -->
<!-- Duration of the Engine light (by default : 1.0 sec) -->
<Meatball
Dist_Activation="2.0"
Meatball_GS_Max="0.75"
Meatball_GS_Min="-0.75"
Meatball_Power="1.0"
PowerLight_Duration="2.0"/>
<!-- Define Catapult parameters -->
<!-- Speed Margin: speed margin above calculated End Speed (by default : 10 knots) -->
<!-- Catapult Lenght: average lenght of catapult (by default : 70 meters) -->
<!-- Catapult sound file: define the sound name and path relatively to the Gauges folder (by default : ./Sound/CatapultLaunch.wav) -->
<!-- CLaunch delay : define the time delay (in sec) between the request and the launch (by default : 3.5 seconds) -->
<!-- Engine Percent: define the RPM threshold for each type of Engine (by default, Prop:40%, Jet:70%, Turboprop:60% ) -->
<!-- Input that command launch (by default : button 0 of the 1rst defined joystick : joystick:0:button:0) -->
<Catapult
Speed_Margin="10.0"
Catapult_Lenght="70.0"
Catapult_sound_file="CatapultLaunch.wav"
Launch_Delay="3.5"
Engine_Prop_Percent="40"
Engine_Jet_Percent="70"
Engine_Turbo_Percent="60"
Engine_Other_Percent="0"
Launch_Input="joystick:0:button:0"
Steam_Model_32="VEH_Catapult_Steam"
Steam_Effect_64="fx_RFN_Catapult_Steam"/>
<!-- Define distance for each Check to be done (in MN) -->
<LSO_Distance_Check
Check_CallBall="0.90"
Check_Altitude_1="0.80"
Check_LOC_1="0.70"
Check_Altitude_2="0.60"
Check_LOC_2="0.50"
Check_Altitude_3="0.40"
Check_LOC_3="0.30"/>
<!-- Define Thresholds angles (in degrees) -->
<LSO_Thresholds
TooHigh_Angle="1.0"
TooLow_Angle="-0.5"
LOC_Angle="1.5"/>
<!-- Define Long Range Lineup properties -->
<!-- Distances are in nmiles -->
<LR_LineUp
Distance_Max="10.0"
Distance_Min="0.55"
Insert_Dist="0.50"/>
</Parameters>
<!-- Sound File Lists -->
<SoundFileList>
<SoundFiles Language="FR"
Wire1="FR_BrinNumero1.wav"
Wire1_msg="Brin numéro 1!"
Wire2="FR_BrinNumero2.wav"
Wire2_msg="Brin numéro 2!"
Wire3="FR_BrinNumero3.wav"
Wire3_msg="Brin numéro 3!"
Wire4="FR_BrinNumero4.wav"
Wire4_msg="Brin numéro 4!"
TooHigh="FR_TropHaut.wav"
TooHigh_msg="Trop haut!"
TooLow="FR_TropBas.wav"
TooLow_msg="Trop bas!"
LineUp="FR_Alignement.wav"
LineUp_msg="Alignement!"
CallBall="FR_AnnonceMirroir.wav"
CallBall_msg="Annonce miroir!"
WaveOff="FR_WaveOffWaveOff.wav"
WaveOff_msg="Wave Off! Wave Off!"/>
<SoundFiles Language="US"
Wire1="US_TrapOneWire.wav"
Wire1_msg="Wire number 1!"
Wire2="US_TrapTwoWire.wav"
Wire2_msg="Wire number 2!"
Wire3="US_TrapThreeWire.wav"
Wire3_msg="Wire number 3!"
Wire4="US_TrapFourWire.wav"
Wire4_msg="Wire number 4!"
TooHigh="US_YoureHigh.wav"
TooHigh_msg="Too high!"
TooLow="US_YoureLow.wav"
TooLow_msg="Too low!"
LineUp="US_YoureDrifting.wav"
LineUp_msg="Line up!"
CallBall="US_CallTheBall.wav"
CallBall_msg="Call the ball!"
WaveOff="US_WaveOffRepeat.wav"
WaveOff_msg="Wave Off! Wave Off!"/>
</SoundFileList>

Last edited:
PS - should add I'm running P3Dv4.5, W7. Yeah, go ahead and laugh ... :biggrin-new:

Just in case that matters.

dl

All seems OK.
So have a look to the Requirements :
- Redistribuable Microsoft Visual C++ x86 or x64 as system specification
- Microsoft.NET Framework
- Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client which is installed with the simulator.
Are the msi simconnect installed?
You will find they here:
:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface (ESPv1, FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1)
Regards
Michel

All seems OK.
So have a look to the Requirements :
- Redistribuable Microsoft Visual C++ x86 or x64 as system specification
- Microsoft.NET Framework
- Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client which is installed with the simulator.
Are the msi simconnect installed?
You will find they here:
:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface (ESPv1, FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1)
Regards
Michel

Hi Michel,

So yes and no. Those were installed in my default install - here: C:\P3DV4\redist\Interface. I have 6 folders there - the 3 you mention, plus 3 more (FSX-RTM-JPN, FSX-SP1-RUS, and FSX-SP2-XPACK).

My addons normally get added here: C:\Users\ME\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Thanks,

Daniel

Not necessary installing Japan, Russian and Xpack.

Fair enough, it’s where it was all installed by default, though I mentioned only to aid in troubleshooting.

More importantly, though, is that not where those folders should be located?

You can open your control panel and see at the program list if Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client and Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client are present.

You can open your control panel and see at the program list if Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client and Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client are present.

Confirmed.

ESP client v1.0.0.20.0
SimConnect clients v10.0.61259.0, v10.0.60905.0, v10.0.61242.0

C++ redistributable v14.28.29325

dl

All seems OK too
"...But what is odd is that no LSO sounds are present on any aircraft - except for the Dino TA-4J Skyhawk..."
Could you confirm that the sounds you heard are sounds which they are in
\Gauges\RFN_Sounds?

All seems OK too
"...But what is odd is that no LSO sounds are present on any aircraft - except for the Dino TA-4J Skyhawk..."
Could you confirm that the sounds you heard are sounds which they are in
\Gauges\RFN_Sounds?

Yes - they're definitely the RFN Sounds. I played al the wav files, and they're the exact ones I hear when either the TA-4J or F/A-18 RFN gauge is locked to a carrier or FCLP.

dl

As Dave says, do you use vLSO?
If you use vLSO is vLSO ON in the RFN carrier gauge when you heard the sounds?

Hi Dave and Michel,

Yeah, I wondered about vLSO also.

For the purpose of isolating the problem, I deleted all vLSO apps and any references thereto from my hard drive early on in this whole process. It's been gone for a week now.

dl

So, can you have a look at your options/Sound/Primary playback device, Voice playback and Voice capture device.
Try with another system sound in the lists.

So, can you have a look at your options/Sound/Primary playback device, Voice playback and Voice capture device.
Try with another system sound in the lists.

Thanks. Sounds all work fine, and that includes the RFN F-8 click sounds that was asked a few posts back.

I reinstalled again, deactivating my antivirus. I also changed the nav 1 and 2 radio reference on all the intended planes to be 1,0,0. Some where 1,1,0. Now the sounds work on the first plane I load; but if I switch planes to any other tactical naval jet other than the FSXBA Hornet or the Dino Skyhawk, then the sounds usually doesn’t work. Around 75% of the time. If I then load up either the F-18 or A-4, then they usually work, again around 75% of the time. Very odd.

I should add that I also am missing the FLOLS trailers always, whether LSO sounds are present or not. In some cases, usually when the sounds are working, I see the 2x LSOs. But around 50% of the time they’re not visible, sound or no sound.

Again, strange behaviours but at least the lights work on all FCLP sites and carriers that I’ve tried, so that’s good.

Cheers,

Daniel Lopez

Hi DL
Better not deactivate the antivirus bat make a specific rule for ignoring P3D folder.

Yeah, the antivirus was deactivated just for installation, which I believe the manual suggests to try. Another issue I noticed is I can't get the NG version of the gauge to tune/change freqs, only the classic version.

I think this isn't going to get sorted, to be honest. It sounds like no one else has these issues, and since it's intermittent, I can only assume it's something system-related. I grant that running W7 still may not be doing me many favours, for what it's worth.

At the moment, the lights work perfectly, and at least half the time, I get the LSO calls too, and I can tune with the classic gauge, and the "move to" function works fine, under the classic gauge. The remaining issues being the NG gauge being inoperable and the FLOL trailers being invisible are pretty minor, in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for trying, and if/when I upgrade to W10, perhaps things will be smoother.

cheers,

dl

Have a look at the section 4-4

4-4) Malfunction and interference
Some cases of malfunction have been reported (retreat of the airplane before catapulting, no acceleration during catapulting, erratic LSO announces, displacement under the deck with the "Go To" function, …). Although the gauge can coexist with any software, FSinn, Addon Manager, Couatl, SODE, RAAS, ... seem to interfer sometimes. By disabling or uninstalling them, the functioning should return to normal. SODE seems to not interfer on P3Dv3.
If necessary, SODEPlatformManager.exe temporarily disables SODE.
Note that some of this software can be installed automatically when installing aircraft or scenery.

The double arrow of the NG box may, in some cases, not work.
First, choose an airplane with an "Avionic Master" button and set it to "ON". Then change the plane and take the one equipped with the RFN gauge then perform a test of the frequency toggle button.
It is also possible that this situation results from the default flight that can be corrected in the configuration file. For FSX-Acc, FSX-SE open with notepad ++ the default flight .flt file found in \ Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files and search for the [Avionics.0] section.
If the value of AvionicsSwitch = False put it on AvionicsSwitch = True.
For P3D the .fxml file of the recorded flight is in \ Documents \ Prepar3D vx Files.
Make a Backup of original files.

No function with TACAN buttons
Standby frequency must be non-operative. In the [Radios] section of aircraft.cfg file, turn to 0 the second parameter of Nav2 (or Nav1 if used). Example: Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0

No function with Nav2 or Nav1
In the section [Radios] of aircraft.cfg file, Nav2 or Nav1 must be active with value 1 in the first parameter:
[Radios]
Nav.1 =1, 0, 0
Nav.2 =1, 0, 0
In case of absence of the section [Radios] you need to add it in the aircraft.cfg file.

Hi Michel,

Yes, nav radios 1 and 2 are both 1,0,0. I used to have SODE, but for sake of problem-solving, I removed it. I did the master_switch=true setting change and I can now get it to work almost fully reliably, but only on classic gauge, and not on NG. And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side.

All in all, not bad ... I could live with it.

Thanks,

dl

Hi dl
The classic gauge doesn't use the stand by frequency. So if this section is incomplete, it will be interesting for us to know what happens.

The double arrow of the NG box may, in some cases, not work.
First, choose an airplane with an "Avionic Master" button and set it to "ON". Then change the plane and take the one equipped with the RFN gauge then perform a test of the frequency toggle button.
It is also possible that this situation results from the default flight that can be corrected in the configuration file. For FSX-Acc, FSX-SE open with notepad ++ the default flight .flt file found in \ Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files and search for the [Avionics.0] section.
If the value of AvionicsSwitch = False put it on AvionicsSwitch = True.
For P3D the .fxml file of the recorded flight is in \ Documents \ Prepar3D vx Files.
Make a Backup of original files.

... And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side...
What I have to understand? No signal or no FLOLS trailers?
FLOLS trailers are in the RFN FCLP scenery and the signal is called with RFN_Carrier.xml and
VEH_FLOLS_Trailer which is in \SimObjects\Boats
Have a look in the content error.

Back