• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Sales For Anything FSX

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't read the instructions .pdf that came with it. When I load the aircraft it's loading in 'cold and dark' and I didn't realize it. The original FlyFreeStd Rafale loads 'up and running' so I thought it would be the same. Anyway, I started all engines and systems and taxied and cracked 'burner. No time to fly today but I'm sure it'll be fine. I do notice excellent exterior modeling improvements right away though. Read those instructions!! :banghead:

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't read the instructions .pdf that came with it. When I load the aircraft it's loading in 'cold and dark' and I didn't realize it. The original FlyFreeStd Rafale loads 'up and running' so I thought it would be the same. Anyway, I started all engines and systems and taxied and cracked 'burner. No time to fly today but I'm sure it'll be fine. I do notice excellent exterior modeling improvements right away though. Read those instructions!! :banghead:

:encouragement:

If you had already purchased the original FSX release you can get the new FSX model for about $6 from SimMarket.

This is a complete rebuild after all of the original source was lost.
The original was limited in external store options (mostly fixed and for an airshow rather than actual use) but with this one you have complete flexibility.
Three models (C, M, B) and textures for all operators so far -- France, Egypt, Qatar, and India.
:ernaehrung004:

It's looking very good. I'm wondering how it's been achieved -- given Roland Laborie's issues with Dassault.

Dave

You mean the white one with red and blue highlights? That was a Rafale A.
If a paint kit is available it would be nice if someone painted it anyway.
That's the one! Yeah, Don't care if it's accurate or not, but the colors are nice! (I also have the Bear Studios J-10 and I fly the similarly painted demo plane almost exclusively.) I have one question for you. Did you get the Rafale? If so are you having problems with it killing your FPS? (Okay, that's two questions.) I had a similar problem with the MiG-29 the first time I flew it but after loading the sim again it has been fine. Not so with my Rafale.

That's the one! Yeah, Don't care if it's accurate or not, but the colors are nice! (I also have the Bear Studios J-10 and I fly the similarly painted demo plane almost exclusively.) I have one question for you. Did you get the Rafale? If so are you having problems with it killing your FPS? (Okay, that's two questions.) I had a similar problem with the MiG-29 the first time I flew it but after loading the sim again it has been fine. Not so with my Rafale.
I don't have it yet. I wrote the developer for a copy of the manual to read up on it.
We've been emailing back and forth. He said a paint kit will be coming as some point.
I'll for sure get it then. In the meantime I'm just getting over our release of the F1 for P3D.
Of course I've been flying that one for over a month now. Maybe time for something new?

Hello everyone! I've just bought the Rafale v2.0 by Flyfreestd and this is my little feedback :

1 : Visuals : Very nice, models and textures are well done, the VC is also good:encouragement:
2 : Flight model : here something should be adressed, the engine response lags too much, at least on my system/hardware,
this results in a struggle during the approach for Landing where it's quite difficult to keep a constant speed/rate of descent,
I've tried to increase a bit in the Aircraft cfg-engine section the value of fuel flow gain and things are a little better.
Another point is that below Mach1 (more or less, depending also from the altitude) the Aircraft is very manouvrable but above
that speed it becomes suddenly very heavy and slow around both roll and pitch axis, it seems a big cargo airplane fully loaded.
Ok, maybe the flybyware software safeguards pilot and airframe from high loads but IMHO this is too excessive.
3: Marginal point : the wheels of the main gear are too mach flattened when on the ground, the airplane seems fully loaded even
in clean configuration, maybe changing some contact points value ... but I don't know how and where.
4 : Last point is that it deserves for sure more repaints, I really hope that some artists here will fill the gap ( as long as the developer releases the paint kit) .
In conclusion I think that this addon is Worth the price, those negative points above are not so grave to avoid me to reccommend it to all Rafale fans ! :loyal:

I've forgotten 2 other points ::dizzy:

1: both left and right MFD when adjusted to max light intensity ( value=4) are too much dull, the manual states that a switch
in the left console can put them to a higher intensity but it doesn't work.

2 : A positive point : external loads manager is present so a wide variety of combinations is possible :loyal:

I think we can use a new thread to discuss the FlyFree Studio Rafale as this thread is specific for sales, etc. I'll save my comments and feedback until then. :adoration:

Unusual for Orbx not to have a 2020 Year End sale right about now.

Didn't they have a Black Friday sale a few weeks ago? I could be wrong - I got my Orbx stuff for the first time last year in a longer end-of-year sale but I'm pretty sure they had a sale recently.

Back