• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Sales For Anything FSX

I also wished to express my sincere thanks for ALL Iris aircraft that were made available to be shared with all of us. At first I thought it was a misprint or that I somehow misunderstood. Imagine my surprise to find it was true! And every aircraft is an excellent representation too IMHO. Again thank you very much DLB. Take care and be safe.

Saab MFI-17 / PAC Mushshak:
https://secure.simmarket.com/msk-saab-mfi-17_pac-mushshak-(the-proficient)-fsx.phtml
(free)

95393069_3017741458285048_1560468284149596160_n.jpg

Sim Market gratis

Here is the link https://secure.simmarket.com/default-en.html and simply type "free" in the search bar at the top of the page for the following results:

Aciv - diko airport fsx p3d (free)
aerialfoundry - caf cf-18 hornet military pack v2.0 free
aerialfoundry - us & raaf fa-18 hornet military pack v2.0 free
aerialfoundry - usn blue angels f-18 hornet pack v2.0 free
aerosoft - catalina island free fsx p3d

Here is the link https://secure.simmarket.com/default-en.html and simply type "free" in the search bar at the top of the page for the following results:

AF Hornets are FS9 products, just for clarification.

By the way...The Aerosoft - "Catalina Island" is only a DEMO version.

Yes, the Aerosoft Catalina scenery is "demo" product for Aerosoft's larger "U.S. Cities X - Los Angeles" scenery but it's a complete package for the island. I think the marketing approach was to give you a taste of their L.A. package using Catalina as the example. Having done about 75 trips over to the "Airport in the Sky" when I was flying the LA basin during the 1970s and 1980s, I find KAVX and the scenery around the entire island to be a faithful reproduction.

I would note, however, that the Aerosoft add-on has no VASI on RWY22 (unlike the real deal) and the approach path to this particular airport really benefits from having an approach aid to rely on. I am not a power user of the Scruffy Duck ADE utility, so I never had any luck adding the VASI. Nevertheless, even without the VASI it's great scenery (even if Wrigley's DC-3 isn't parked in the hanger).

Tom

I got an email that PC Aviator is having a Memorial Day sale this weekend, as I imagine many others are.

Also somebody pointed out that Flight 1 is running a 30% off sale on the Islander in that thread...

Yes, the Aerosoft Catalina scenery is "demo" product for Aerosoft's larger "U.S. Cities X - Los Angeles" scenery but it's a complete package for the island. I think the marketing approach was to give you a taste of their L.A. package using Catalina as the example. Having done about 75 trips over to the "Airport in the Sky" when I was flying the LA basin during the 1970s and 1980s, I find KAVX and the scenery around the entire island to be a faithful reproduction.

I would note, however, that the Aerosoft add-on has no VASI on RWY22 (unlike the real deal) and the approach path to this particular airport really benefits from having an approach aid to rely on. I am not a power user of the Scruffy Duck ADE utility, so I never had any luck adding the VASI. Nevertheless, even without the VASI it's great scenery (even if Wrigley's DC-3 isn't parked in the hanger).

Tom
Just stopped by again. I think the reason Aerosoft didn't put a VASI on Rwy 22 is because there isn't one. There is what is known as a PVASI or Pulsating Visual Approach Slope Indicator. It is set for a 3-degree glideslope and the single light rapidly flashes white if high, slow white flash if on glideslope, slow red flash if slightly low and rapid red flash if too low. I don't think there is one in FS, at least I haven't encountered one. But some sort of VASi there would have been nice. Otherwise it's a great free addition.

----

I stand corrected. There is one at the default Catalina in P3Dv4. Not sure about FSX though.
:ernaehrung004:

Just stopped by again. I think the reason Aerosoft didn't put a VASI on Rwy 22 is because there isn't one. There is what is known as a PVASI or Pulsating Visual Approach Slope Indicator. It is set for a 3-degree glideslope and the single light rapidly flashes white if high, slow white flash if on glideslope, slow red flash if slightly low and rapid red flash if too low. I don't think there is one in FS, at least I haven't encountered one. But some sort of VASi there would have been nice. Otherwise it's a great free addition.

----

I stand corrected. There is one at the default Catalina in P3Dv4. Not sure about FSX though.
:ernaehrung004:

I am not aware of a PVASI in FSX, I think such a thing would require custom coding.

It is set for a 3-degree glideslope and the single light rapidly flashes white if high, slow white flash if on glideslope, slow red flash if slightly low and rapid red flash if too low.

Not exactly : steady white on glideslope and steady red if slightly low.

Back