• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

John or anybody,

Quick question... How do you hide the yoke in the FSX version? I can't get the slash key to work.

Thanks,
Obie

Some recent shots:

a26c_2.jpg
Anybody know where this repaint can be downloaded?

Hey Double J,

That repaint is one of those which I released for the original FS2004 Invader package, which, when doing the FSX conversion, I edited the alpha channels and added spec maps so as to add more reflection to the metal. I never hung onto those files, but the original repaint can still be found in the library here at SOH and at Avsim, if you search A-26C Invader "The Rude Invader".

One of these days I'll finally get an FSX-native version of my K-model conversion released...

One of these days I'll finally get an FSX-native version of my K-model conversion released...

That would be great, John. My 2004 install is on the fritz right now, and since updating my P3D V2 to v2.3 which is running great, an FSX native version would work so much better. :jump:

Daube,

Thank you for the feedback on the interior/VC glass! The opacity is controlled via the alpha channel connected to the VC_Glass_T texture, so making it darker will make the windows clearer from the VC. I noticed them a bit too 'cloudy' this morning too, after flying the aircraft in early hours - it isn't as present during the middle of the day. I'll provide an adjusted VC_Glass_T texture when I upload the files to the SOH library. Regarding the start-up procedure, I remember the aircraft has a gauge that comes into play, to allow you to start the engines in an authentic manner, with the energizer/starter switches. I'll have to check that out and try it out myself - I've been more of a sucker for the Ctrl-E as of late, something that the "2+ year ago me" would have been kicking myself about. : )

When I upload the files to SOH, the models will have bump map support, but the bump maps will be very, very subtle, as I don't really feel the models/textures are in the best format for bump maps, at least at this time. However, by doing this, it does allow others to make their own bump maps, if they wish, to whatever degree of intensity they desire. Also, if larger resolution textures are made, more detailed bump maps can also be made at that time.

Also, with the SOH files, I'll be providing FSX versions of the models I originally made, using Milton's source files, for the "Rude Invader", "Margie", and "CIA" repaints back when this aircraft was originally released for FS9.

When I upload the files to SOH, hopefully tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest, I'll make a post to this thread.

I notice the VC glass to be cloudy on the pilots side, is there a fix for that? Is there a start up manual somewhere as the right engine never starts when attempting a cold start? Ctrl E is no fun.

EDIT. Actually flying in the dark is impossible in the VC as it is virtually impossible to see through. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Double J, even though that old Mediafire link still works, don't use that set of files. You'll want to download the updated/final version which you can find on this page here, titled "SOH A-26 Invader FSX Coversion.zip": http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&sort=d&page=3&pp=20

(You'll still need the original FS9 files to be installed first into FSX, before installing the FSX conversion files)

As you can see early in this thread, items like the cloudy glass were addressed before uploading the final file set.

View attachment 11832
Double J, even though that old Mediafire link still works, don't use that set of files. You'll want to download the updated/final version which you can find on this page here, titled "SOH A-26 Invader FSX Coversion.zip": http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&sort=d&page=3&pp=20

(You'll still need the original FS9 files to be installed first into FSX, before installing the FSX conversion files)

As you can see early in this thread, items like the cloudy glass were addressed before uploading the final file set.

That's the one I used. The cloudy is minor but I can't fly in the dark with the VC as the cabin lights are too bright and reflect off the wind screen and the instrument lights are too dark to fly with just them on. Turning the knob on the panel doesn't make them bright enough either.View attachment 11833

2014-8-28_15-32-42-718.jpg2014-8-28_15-33-32-48.jpg

It's actually the panel lights that don't turn on in the VC, everything works in 2D. Any ideas? I've applied both updates to the plane. The medifire update actually makes the VC easier to see through the windscreen in the dark.

Last edited:
I think the complete response was in future tense:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bomber_12th

I can read, thank you very much. Is it inappropriate to voice happy anticipation?

D.

I can read, thank you very much. Is it inappropriate to voice happy anticipation?

D.

I guess you can read. Anticipation is a good thing. I think you had included in your thread ^ the word "released" (giving one the impression that you thought it was but in fact, was not)

Just trying to stem the tide of confusion here.

Shine on :adoration:

It's actually the panel lights that don't turn on in the VC, everything works in 2D. Any ideas? I've applied both updates to the plane. The medifire update actually makes the VC easier to see through the windscreen in the dark.

Turn them on, then turn up the brightness dial! they show up great :)

With regards to the Razbam Invader, the following screenshots were posted last month on their
Facebook page, along with the caption, "I haven't forgotten about this one, guys." NC

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Regarding the K-model prospect, I'm thinking once the seasons change and the temps start getting colder, I'll take it up.

Hi John,
Hope it's not being too cheeky to ask whether the K-model revamp is still in your plans some time? I for one would dearly love to see it come to fruition.
Here's hoping.....

Back