• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Thanks Firekitten:applause:

a26x-4.jpg

Just been looking back through this thread and there are some textures there I don't have but it says they are in the library. I have looked in the normal downloads library but cannot find them. I did have a link but seems to have gone AWOL.

Any chance of someone posting a link for me please as there are a couple of fire bombers and a Canadian repaint I want to get but cannot find.

Since you've done a few paints using artistic license, how about doing this one if/when you run out of ideas?

New York ANG. It's a blurry-some photo, but I was on a taxiway about 100 meters away.

Cameracleanout6-19-12110.jpg
NY ANG? Looks like one of the A-26's operated by the Virginia ANG to me.

Must admit it does look like a 'VA' before the roundel, rather than a NY... the part of the visible letter is more A than Y

Nice find! :) it looks nice in fsx, try whipping the polished Alpha off Gman's textures and run them through ps taking the brightness up about 100 points, (takes the shine down) and popping that in? would give it that 'shiny' but not polished look.

Btw, Just found out that CF-BVH went down in the fire season of 1980 killing her pilot.... so kinda weird feeling now I know a ghost is back in the air... not sure about that.

Nice find! :) it looks nice in fsx, try whipping the polished Alpha off Gman's textures and run them through ps taking the brightness up about 100 points, (takes the shine down) and popping that in? would give it that 'shiny' but not polished look.

Btw, Just found out that CF-BVH went down in the fire season of 1980 killing her pilot.... so kinda weird feeling now I know a ghost is back in the air... not sure about that.

I was checking the history on #7... and came across this book name "Chico" the Waterbombing Dog mentioned at AVCANADA forums. Couldn't find any info on it.

NY ANG? Looks like one of the A-26's operated by the Virginia ANG to me.

Must admit it does look like a 'VA' before the roundel, rather than a NY... the part of the visible letter is more A than Y

It's sitting on the ground in Elmyra/Corning, New York with a number of other planes belonging to the museum there. Maybe it is VAANG, I don't know, it's part of an oddball collection of planes sitting there. If you say it's VAANG, then OK, that works for me just fine. The paint job is cool looking, thanks for the find TuFun.

It's sitting on the ground in Elmyra/Corning, New York with a number of other planes belonging to the museum there. Maybe it is VAANG, I don't know, it's part of an oddball collection of planes sitting there. If you say it's VAANG, then OK, that works for me just fine. The paint job is cool looking, thanks for the find TuFun.

Info on 41-39516
Serial #: 41-39516
Construction #:
Civil Registration:
N237Y
Model(s):
A-26B
B-26B
On Mark
Marksman
Name: None
Last info: 2002
History:
Standard Oil Co, Chicago, IL, 1954-1963.
- Registered as N237Y.
Alsam Inc, Youndston, OH, 1966-1969.
PBF Enterprises, Akron, OH, 1970-1972.
Calspan Corp, Buffalo, NY/Edwards AFB, CA, 1977-1990.
National Warplane Museum, Geneseo, NY, 1990-2002.
- Donated by Calspan Corp.
- Displayed in 149th BS (Light), Virginia ANG scheme.

Current owner:
Wings of Eagles Discovery Center

View attachment 67864 View attachment 67865

My favorite Nat Guard Moniker was PRANG, you might guess which Tropical Colony that came from. They took away their F-16's and gave them Herks.

T

Fire Eater Tanker 59 paint job for the movie I'm working on. After watching the movie "Always" I need to make some changes. No paint on the control surfaces except the tail in the movie. Also, the Fire Eater decal is located near the canopy in the movie, not like the actual aircraft. Pete's flew aircraft #57.

fsx2012-05-2521-15-10-50.jpg

fsx2012-05-3111-18-14-18.jpg
fsx2012-05-3111-19-22-81.jpg

fsx2012-05-3111-23-55-51.jpg

fsx2012-05-3111-58-43-44.jpg

Hi TuFun,

Any further news on this paint of yours?

Bruce.

Has anyone thought of a Paint of Spirit of NC or Puss in Boots.... I was able to get a ride in Spirit of NC at the Shaw Air Fest May 5th 2012.

This is an ON-Mark Conversion as per Mr. Lancaster (Owner/Pilot). When Mr. Lancaster bought it, it was painted green and grey to look like an A-26A. He brought his entire maintenance crew with him. I must say that it would be a more comfortable ride than some other WWII twin engined bombers out there. This plane has over 300 combat missions. During my flight we easily averaged 300mph on each pass. Mr Lancaster assured me that he has had it close if not over 400mph in level flight. He left Wilmington NC and arrived at Shaw AFB in about 30mins. If I were to drive it by car easy 3+ hours and 180 miles... FAST or WHAT.....

A-26 Invader Puss N Boots

This would be an ideal addition to the SOH A-26 Invader. Mr Abrams owned it when I was stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB in the 1990's. Her name is Puss N Boots is located near Tucson. This plane has also has a race history at Reno.

Back