• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

The status glitch may have occurred when I was updating the files. I live in an area with very slow internet, (KMMH. Take off runway 9, maintain runway heading and look over your starboard wingtip at the far end of the lake. I'm down there in the middle of nowhere) so it may have been a server timeout.

I've re-loaded the files with all of my current revisions. Give it a another try.

[...cut...]

G

Hello G,
thanks for the effort but now I see only one file, the paintkit... :ques:

Firekitten's base textures

I was going to do base textures, but after seeing Gman's there's little point... his are magnificent. I will offer up the rivet layers I've done if he wants them though? all 2048x2048

On the contrary...I would love to see your work finished. This is an art form as well as a hobby and everyone's interpretation is different. John Terrell has offered some very fine skins based on his own work. TuFun is creating his own variation as well. The fun in this work is sharing our ideas and creations with friends. Please let me know if there is any thing I can do for you. My files are available to anyone here...I do this for the pleasure and challenge of the project.

G

Refresh your cache?

Hello G,
thanks for the effort but now I see only one file, the paintkit... :ques:

I just checked....the two files are at the top of page one FSX skins. I deleted the old ones to work around any glitch. You may be viewing the page from cached memory and not seeing the files. Try deleting all of your temporary internet files....cookies etc and see if that gets you a fresh look at the page.

G

I just checked....the two files are at the top of page one FSX skins. I deleted the old ones to work around any glitch. You may be viewing the page from cached memory and not seeing the files. Try deleting all of your temporary internet files....cookies etc and see if that gets you a fresh look at the page.

G

Hello again G,
I deleted the cookies, the internet cache and tried with other browsers but I see only the paintkit, same thing if I search for all your files. :frown:
I checked the "FSX Skins" section (ATM it reports me 1986 entries), the "25 new entries" page, and... nothing.
I wonder if I'm the only one to have this problem?! :icon_eek:

I'm sorry to bother you, but could you post the direct links?

Direct links

Hello again G,
I deleted the cookies, the internet cache and tried with other browsers but I see only the paintkit, same thing if I search for all your files. :frown:
I checked the "FSX Skins" section (ATM it reports me 1986 entries), the "25 new entries" page, and... nothing.
I wonder if I'm the only one to have this problem?! :icon_eek:

I'm sorry to bother you, but could you post the direct links?

Give these a try....

www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=3&id=11646

www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=3&id=11645

No bother...I always blame this kind of thing on Bill Gates which raises the question....again. Would you fly on a 747 built by Microsoft?
G

TFF Restoration Service... you pick'm we pull'm!

Little fun while I take a break.

fsx2012-06-05-1.jpg

fsx2012-06-04.jpg

TFF Restoration Service also have a variety of recondition radial engines!

PWENGINES-R.jpg

On the contrary...I would love to see your work finished. This is an art form as well as a hobby and everyone's interpretation is different. John Terrell has offered some very fine skins based on his own work. TuFun is creating his own variation as well. The fun in this work is sharing our ideas and creations with friends. Please let me know if there is any thing I can do for you. My files are available to anyone here...I do this for the pleasure and challenge of the project.

G
To be honest, I'm not that good! After seeing yours and tufun's, I'm just not that competent at making things look that good... I'm ok at painting... and I've done some texture work in the past, but other than the rivet work, my attempt was pretty rubbish. Did try overlaying the rivet layers on your textures earlier, expanded to 2048, with some tone changes to match, and it looked rather good... but that's your work, not mine. As I said, I'd be happy to contribute that component, but the rest isn't worth it. I'm working on a number of paintjobs at the moment, including the 91st one I showed a wip of above...

flight1.jpg

ground1.jpg

(based on your texture set, with the rivet layers added in, and some alpha work, it turned out ok. Must say, your textures hold up perfectly in a higher res, which gives everything a much crisper look... allows for really detailed paintwork... right down to the gear door graffiti!

I've seen some of your repaints you did on GA birds... C-hick and Campbell aviation! Quality work Rachael! :applause:

The weathering on the A-26 looks great!!! :salute: I haven't tried that yet, except for the throttle console in the A-26.

Would like to see some tanker repaints, I know they will look fantastic!

Less than 'perhaps' totally realistic, (but who knows?) it was originally a testbed scheme for an a2a 17 job, but ended up loving where it was going and continuing...

91st Scheme is uploaded to the warbirds library :)

Including a layered fuselage texture psd with space for your own radio idents, name, and nose art :)

Little fun while I take a break.

fsx2012-06-05-1.jpg

fsx2012-06-04.jpg

TFF Restoration Service also have a variety of recondition radial engines!

PWENGINES-R.jpg

tufun,

The only thing I can say is ... that should keep several busy people for a very long time. :)

With reference to the engines, it is great to see interest there, often overlooked. I would ask that you consider how deep in the cowlings the engines sit, and apply appropriate shading to the outer edges and allow them to become (gradiently) lighter toward the center. Most times, artists leave the engines much too bright given that they typically only receive indirect lighting. Look at pictures and in most you can barely make out the details of the engines.

I'm at it again... like a painting minigun...

CF-BVH.jpg

Saw this...

Thought 'hmm'

Ended up with this...

MCACa26.jpg

Its in the download library if anyone's interested...

(PS: yes, I know the port cowl is reversed, I spotted this looking at the shot just as you did, and its fixed in the release)

I'm at it again... like a painting minigun...

Since you've done a few paints using artistic license, how about doing this one if/when you run out of ideas?

New York ANG. It's a blurry-some photo, but I was on a taxiway about 100 meters away.

Cameracleanout6-19-12110.jpg

Cameracleanout6-19-12107.jpg

I'll put that one on the list... looks simple enough.

With these being HD repaints folks are going to run out of hard drive space pretty soon :p

Back