• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Thanks TuFun, I already got the PBY paint by yago9, he did a great job on that.:applause::applause:
I am looking forward to your paint to complete the pair, it was a great movie and I think I have it on DVD so I will watch it again.

Cheers

Bruce

Same here Bruce... "Always" DVD will be playing shortly also! I'm thinking of reenactment of some of the flights in "Always" in a TFF video. Especially the part that Ali's engine fire, with Pete diving over Ali's PBY dropping retardant on that engine. Check out the pics, cockpit shots like these will be important in the video!

Now that I can finally do some descent repaints... what better first serious example for me to do than Pete's Fire Eater! Now I need to fade the colors and fix a few things. -Ted "TFF"

For now a few more pics...

fsx2012-05-2409-56-36-62.jpg

fsx2012-05-2409-58-33-68.jpg

fsx2012-05-2409-59-41-98.jpg

fsx2012-05-2410-01-02-54.jpg

Those are great shots Tufun, I look forward to your Video, all that I have seen up to now have been wonderful to watch.

You must have a good pooter system to produced them to such a high standard.

Bruce.

The new base textures are progressing... tail surfaces are done, nacelles, now its the turn of the cowlings, slow progress, but its coming along... need to flip some lines for shadow, and add some contouring, but its getting there... wanted to give the cowls a higher detail level as its VC visible...

cowlinga26.jpg

yeah the paint is fairly thick there... a primer and two coats over most of it... the base and upper, its obscuring the finer detail. I based mine on a polished example, but the exhaust detail is perfect, thanks for posting those, I'll use that as a reference for the gill detail.
When the textures are done, a lot of it will only show in the bump maps, but there are deeper patches that will show through the paint... That's the trick, the right blend of 'detail' vs huge obvious rivets. Its why the finished textures I'll give to John/ post here, will be single layer, to be painted the none paint kit way, which will give the desired finish... (call me old fashioned, but I learned to paint without kits, and wouldn't know how to make a kit if I tried)

Will post up more shots of the aircraft by mid week...

will be producing the base white aircraft... a bare metal version, (with corresponding alphas,) and a painters 'kit' including flat textures, and alphas exported for editing (with an example layer for exclusions)

What do people want? PSD, or XCF? I'm making them in xcf, but figured I'd convert if most don't use GIMP...

(Really loving this community spirit... something I thought dead in fs these days... rock on folks),

Rachael,
I would prefer the .psd, though I can convert if not. It's going to be great fun turning out some new FSX skins for this bird.

Joseph

Is it possible to update the props on the LAS-26 using the model editor tool? Or do you have to have the source files to fix the prop problem?

The props disappear in clouds and mask the terrain, but not autogen, and you can't see through the props (They're opaque) from the cockpit. This is just for the LAS-26. The updated A-26's work fine for me.

Thanks Milton!

Okies, I'll do them in psd... psp, gimp, and photoshop should all read PSD.... I can't create PSP files with gimp anyway... so its going to have to be a middle ground.

Cowl enhancements

I've also been working on cowl details on a clean model with no oil or exhaust. I've got a rough model, but working on rivet details for cowl and nacelle. I've got files for anyone who wants to beta. Anyone with detail photos...I could use reference material. I'm also working on enhanced bump mapping with appropriate deformations in the skin. I've got a few more pics of the "clean" aircraft on my page. Thank you Milton for the detail photos you posted...this aircraft is coming along beautifully with everyone's contributions.

View attachment 66187View attachment 66188View attachment 66189View attachment 66190View attachment 66200

Gordon

I've also been working on cowl details on a clean model with no oil or exhaust. I've got a rough model, but working on rivet details for cowl and nacelle. I've got files for anyone who wants to beta. Anyone with detail photos...I could use reference material. I'm also working on enhanced bump mapping with appropriate deformations in the skin. I've got a few more pics of the "clean" aircraft on my page. Thank you Milton for the detail photos you posted...this aircraft is coming along beautifully with everyone's contributions.

View attachment 66187View attachment 66188View attachment 66189View attachment 66190View attachment 66200

Gordon
just a bump....curious as I am to see these cowl textures and details possibly made available:kilroy:

just a bump....curious as I am to see these cowl textures and details possibly made available:kilroy:

I've updated my previous skins with the new cowl details and made some corrections in the anti-glare panels for the blank and Sugarland Express models. I've also added a separate skins package with a dull aluminum finish.

Douglas A-26B & C Blank Metal Finish Pack.zip includes the updates for the high polish model.
Douglas A-26 All Models (except K) Dull Aluminum Finish is the new version. This one is ready for color work. It has a very subtle alpha that will not "shine" when displaying matte finishes used in WWII service aircraft. The weathering and oil/exhaust patterns are subtle on this model.

View attachment 66430

I'm working on more rivet and panel detail on the nacelles now. The bump mapping will show the subtle deformations around the rivets. I'll post as I get farther along with these mods.

G

Back