• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Just a request for any of the talented painters out there if a repaint of the A 26 in a Viet-nam era camo design coud be done.
Not sure what Military outfits were using them back then in Nam nor what the markings were but I have seen pictures of them
painted in Camo colors.

Thanks

:kilroy:

There were 2 or 3 SEA versions when the K model was released.

I don't know if they would fit the converted models.

I am sure they are floating around somewhere.

I hope some one finds a copy of the A26K source files so it could be converted to FSX.

VCN-1

There were 2 or 3 SEA versions when the K model was released.

I don't know if they would fit the converted models.

I am sure they are floating around somewhere.

I hope some one finds a copy of the A26K source files so it could be converted to FSX.

VCN-1

Just for clarification, I never had Bomber_12th's B26K gmax source so if he does not have it, it will not likely be found. :kilroy:

The A-26A/B-26K textures might work relatively okay, but the A-26A/B-26K models have a larger vertical tail, wingtip tanks, and different cowls, so they might not display very well in those areas. The textures actually were re-done, quite a bit, in order to accurately portray all of the various modifications. I have been considering re-making the A-26A/B-26K again. I originally made them from Milton's source files, and unfortunately, with me not having them any longer, no one else is going to have them either, so the only option is to rebuild it again. It was one of my first intros into aircraft model development, just modding Milton's work, and adding a few basics parts here and there, so it isn't like it would take much to do again. The only real problem comes down to the fact that the pilot models were made by Jan Visser (both for the original-released A-26 models, as well as separate pilot models that he made just for the A-26A/B-26K work alone), so hopefully Jan still has those, otherwise it would make it a bit harder to fully recreate. Otherwise, the bennefit is that the original model files and the textures are still present/available, so I can re-build the parts to match the original model and the original textures.

While looking through some old screenshots this morning, trying to find something else, I came across these again, taken back in early 2007 I believe.

wheelhubs2jj3.jpg

wheelhubsru4.jpg

b26kuk5ei1.jpg

b26kuk4as4.jpg

b26kuk3yr6.jpg

cockpitlightingwl7.jpg

I also couldn't help but post this one up, one of the earliest screenshots I could find still, from the original development work on the SOH A-26, in 2006. This was one of the first texture/mapping trials, getting the panel lines laid out, and seeing how the mapping looked.

invaderpaint7ws.jpg

And a water-bombing screenshot of mine that I also found, way back from around 2006. I don't know specifically what effect this was., but I remember it looking quite convincing in the sim (FS2004), even though I obviously didn't have the effect positioned very well to the aircraft. : )

tanker24yw3.jpg

John, it would be so greatly appreciated, as you know, if you had time to do the B26K. We also greatly appreciate your time invested in reinvigorating these models. Just awesome! :applause:

Camo A-26 paints

John,

Those camo paints look great. I know it's not ready for FSX but it looks awsome just the same.
You did bring to light some interesting info on the creation of the A/B 26 models with respect to those
involved with the camo paints. I/we really appreciate your hard work and attention to detail in your endeavors to do these conversions for FSX. And to the others that have provided those "tweaks"
to the A26. I/we thank you as well......

BTW, The camels cigs in the pilot's panel cubby hole compartment are optional...LOL.... :icon_lol:
( I Quit a loooong time ago. )

Metal Skin Display Anomalies

Sorry for the delay posting repaired files...it was yet another Windows7 SNAFU courtesy of Mr Gates. I often ask the question...Would you fly on a 747 built by Microsoft. I have never received a response in the affirmative.

Moving on....I have uploaded a much refined, complete textures file for A-26 Invader both B & C models. I have economized the files for better load and display. I have resolved the missing bump map issues and included a new shared textures file along with appropriate code. I've designed the files so that the end user can load both John's new textures and mine with no conflicts in the fall backs.
I have no additional input on Johns previous question about FSX utilizing specular files that were not included in the original model. I left the spec files in the revision just in the event that they do function independently, or may at some future date.

Sugarland Express is still included with code for B and C models. That is a unique aircraft in that it has nose guns but no turrets, a result of the re-fited trainer to resemble WWII variant. As there is not a model in that configuration I thought I'd just include code for the best available. Also the windows aft of the wing chord in the flying model are hideous and better off forgotten. IMHO

As the new file covers all existing models (except K) I have removed the previous single variation files from the site. The only files remaining are the new revised version and the PSD layer mods file I previously uploaded.

Thanks in advance for your input and suggestions...they are greatly appreciated. Although I have been a digital graphics artist for quite a few years, this is a relatively new medium for me and I have a lot to learn from the more wise.

Gordon

Bomber,
Your cockpit textures look terrific. Any chance of getting a set of your textures? Would be much appreciated. :cool:

In regards to the A-26A/B-26K screenshots I posted, those are from way back in 2007, when that project was put together. For the cockpit, I basically copied over the seat, control yoke, and rudder pedals from the one side, over to the other (and evidently re-mapped/textured the control yokes and columns). I re-made the instrument panel into a two-place panel, and working with "Real Old Salt" (who made the gauges, the instrument panel, and some of the textures for the original release), some new gauges were developed for it. I also added some basic seat cushions to the seat frames.

My plan for re-visiting the A-26A/B-26K, is just to recreate the model that was, now for FSX, and re-package it with the same textures/panel/gauges as originally (with new prop, glass, and bump map textures). It's not very hard to just look at the original, existing model in the sim, and copy it (especially as the changes/additions that I did make to Milton's work to make the A-26A/B-26K weren't very complicated, lol - it was one of my very first introductions to aircraft model development).

BTW, "Real Old Salt" also made a Lockeed Air Service Super-26 using Milton's source files (a bit similar to those conversions above), back in 2007, for FS2004, which can be found here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=9538

Also, here is an alternative set of gauges for the original A-26 models that doesn't have Real Old Salt's avatar in the gauge reflections, that Real Old Salt provided, which can be installed/used if desired: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=8747

John,
Your strategy around the updated model sounds great. Any chance of re-visiting that long-nose idea?

Okay, we're all being to picky!!! We're just taking time away from the next fabulous release of a Warbirdsim product. Really looking forward to the '39...and I mean REALLY.

Joseph

Pete and Ali are back at it... lucky I didn't have to paint the PBY. Painted Pete's A-26 from a few photos I found... still need some minor fixes. Both planes are not the proper models. The PBY engine fire effects are awesome! Would like to do that scene where Pete dives at Ali's PBY and drop retardant on the flaming engine. For some reason when I flip the A-26 bay switch... nothing happens, light will come on but the doors remain closed.

fsx2012-05-2322-05-21-88.jpg

fsx2012-05-2322-11-43-31.jpg

fsx2012-05-2321-51-14-50.jpg

Pete and Ali are back at it... lucky I didn't have to paint the PBY. Painted Pete's A-26 from a few photos I found... still need some minor fixes. Both planes are not the proper models. The PBY engine fire effects are awesome! Would like to do that scene where Pete dives at Ali's PBY and drop retardant on the flaming engine. For some reason when I flip the A-26 bay switch... nothing happens, light will come on but the doors remain closed.

fsx2012-05-2322-05-21-88.jpg

fsx2012-05-2322-11-43-31.jpg

fsx2012-05-2321-51-14-50.jpg

For the A-26 bombay doors - press the forward slash '/' key....or whatever you have mapped to the 'air brake'

Real nice screen captures BtW...

Back