• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

N210MSA26.jpg

found handy gauge on avsim.com for A26 makes taxing much easyer!!!

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]DC-3 Taxi throttle Control[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]This package offers a modification to the "hard to steer" Douglas DC-3. The DC-3 relies on differential braking and power to taxi properly. This package is for those pilots without dual throttle controls. It uses the rudder deflection to apply proportional differential power under the appropriate circumstances. Documentation is included. It will work with the Default Microsoft DC-3, the C-47 by Beaumont & Bitzer (shown), or other twin engine tail draggers that are hard to steer.

[/FONT]Filename: [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]taxi_throttles.zip[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]License:[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Freeware, limited distribution[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Added:[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]4th June 2010[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Downloads:[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]1363[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Author:[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Ken Austin and Dave Bitzer[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Size:[/FONT] 3kb

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=149412[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

hey guys i am trying to get the VC Lights to work cant read gauges with no lights any ideas?
Ditto here. The switches don't really give me anything, however if I use the "L" key I do get a bright light in the cockpit that almost obscures night vision outside the cockpit. So the questions are. . .is that what we have to work with?. . . .did the switches ever work correctly?. . . .was there a mod that we aren't privy to?. . . .there's probably another one, I just can't come up with one right now.

Updated Models

It's not much, but here is a link to download updated model files. The only updates are to the landing lights, VC glass (cutting down on the glare at night from the VC light), the removale of the wingtip modeled lights (since they are already present in the Aircraft.cfg file), and a couple of small parts in the VC, which were over-looked material-wise, are now assigned to the proper materials/textures they should be.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4nxvj0kym4vml9c

It's not much, but here is a link to download updated model files. The only updates are to the landing lights, VC glass (cutting down on the glare at night from the VC light), the removale of the wingtip modeled lights (since they are already present in the Aircraft.cfg file), and a couple of small parts in the VC, which were over-looked material-wise, are now assigned to the proper materials/textures they should be.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4nxvj0kym4vml9c

Thanks John:applause:

Thanks to the whole development crew for providing this aircraft for FSX. :applause:

Here's a video clip that us virtual A-26 pilots may find interesting

[YOUTUBE]Uxj2Ugfm7Vs[/YOUTUBE]

Panel and gauge backlighting work fine here.

Leave Panel lights off except for preflight duties.

Turn on INST Lights, then turn up the Dimmer switch as shown in the attached.

EDIT: My apologies. What I showed was the 2D panel. Although the VC lighting does work using the same procedure, it is very faint.
I know that the vc backlighting works differently in native FSX models, but maybe a simple brightening of the vc01_L.bmp in the texture folder would help somewhat.
If push comes to shove, use the 2D panel at night. :)

EDIT 2: Well, I tried changing the vc01_L.bmp to pure white for the best brightness and it only improved a bit. Gauges can be read once your eyes adjust. The only way to do this right is to change the interior model I'm afraid.

Layered Photoshop "Metal Skin" Files

I've uploaded my metal skins PSD layered files. Also texture files for Model C. Everyone knock yourselves out and have fun with these.

Thank you Milton, John and the rest of the SOH members who have done such a magnificent job updating this aircraft. As a new member I hope that my small contribution will bring as much enjoyment to those lucky enough to "own" this aircraft as it has brought to me.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's own creations.

Please feel free to contact me via my page for any suggestions, questions or tips. I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Gman :salute:

View attachment 65674

Back