• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Checked out Chi Chi Jima... fireworks, explosions... nice welcoming party!

fsx2012-05-1401-21-01-21.jpg

fsx2012-05-1401-31-35-39.jpg

fsx2012-05-1401-24-41-75.jpg

Just an update on the new textures I said I'd do... working through it, got a good handle on the fuselage, updating the excellent originals to remove the fixed shading, adding a higher detail level that can be enhanced by the bumps and alphas, and generally creating a worthy base for future work. All credit to the original authors of the a26 textures obviously, but I'm trying to give them a bit more life now we can take advantage of the higher resolutions.

Nice work thus far on that paint John...

Firekitten - Am excited to see your work on the updated textures... Can't wait!

Joseph

I love the new textures being developed, inside and out, excellent work! I was the one that created the original external texture work (many moons ago), so please don't worry about giving credit to any past person, for those. The internal textures were a combination of my work (the worse looking ones) and Real Old Salt's work (the good looking ones).

I'm sorry for the delay in providing the updated models. I'll try to have them available tomorrow. All that has been updated, at least for the time being, is the VC glass material (so that the glare isn't excessive at night, with the cockpit light on) and the landing lights now project downwards on the ground in front of the aircraft, as they should. I also removed the wingtip lights that were assigned in the model, as with the same lights present in the Aircraft.cfg file, they weren't needed. Although it might very well prolong the wait for updated models, I want to re-map the yoke, yoke control column, and seat, and provide the wire-frames for them, on the texture they will be assigned to, for anyone who is working on cockpit textures for the aircraft, to actually make/detail the textures for those parts. I can do the same, very easily, for the knobs on the center-cockpit trim column.

land_lights.jpg

late_night.jpg

A-26 textures

Many thanks to the team at SOH for their hard work on the A-26. I had done quite a bit of work on the original model, concentrating on a metal finish blank model. I also did a version of the "Sugarland Experss". When I heard the new FSX model was going to be available, I couldn't wait. I am now currently putting final touches on a high finish blank texture for the three variants. Please feel free to visit my page and view the preliminary work I have finished. I'll post up the finished textures when finalized.

I can't say enough about the quality of the work that SOH members devoted to this beautiful bird. The new dynamic model is a joy to look at and fly.

View attachment 65428View attachment 65429

I want to re-map the yoke, yoke control column, and seat, and provide the wire-frames for them, on the texture they will be assigned to, for anyone who is working on cockpit textures for the aircraft, to actually make/detail the textures for those parts. I can do the same, very easily, for the knobs on the center-cockpit trim column.

That would be great John... would like to put some wear on those parts too!

@John, thank you for taking the time to do that. Greatly needed and appreciated. :applause:

@gman5250, great looking textures there sir ... love the wing look, very metal looking. :applause:

First of all thanks to Milton and to all guys still trying to make her even better, but I have this black heavy smoke at start engine:

View attachment 65465

It is supposed to be like this or something's wrong with my installation in Windows7+Accel and on Prepar3D. ????

Italo

Many thanks to the team at SOH for their hard work on the A-26. I had done quite a bit of work on the original model, concentrating on a metal finish blank model. I also did a version of the "Sugarland Experss". When I heard the new FSX model was going to be available, I couldn't wait. I am now currently putting final touches on a high finish blank texture for the three variants. Please feel free to visit my page and view the preliminary work I have finished. I'll post up the finished textures when finalized.

I can't say enough about the quality of the work that SOH members devoted to this beautiful bird. The new dynamic model is a joy to look at and fly.

I really like the bare metal but I don't see a link to your web page?

Thanks for fixing the landing lights! I'm still looking for input on starting the engines manually - can anyone hint how to do it or what to change in aircraft.cfg to enable default starter logic?

Uploaded Finished A-26 Textues

Thank you for the positive feedback sir. I've uploaded two blank textures to the skins page. The B and C models are basic aircraft in high polish finish. Along with those I have uploaded the Sugarland Express texture as well. Looking forward to everyone's feed back and suggestions on these. Thank you Milton and your team for creating such an exquisite model to work with.

I think that's the hot ordinance ramp, at the far end of the field, the place they send us about half the time....

Cheers T

Back