• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Just installed the Sugarland express texture. Mine has a very blury Vert Stab, did miss something or goof up the install?

Cheers: T

Vert stab resolution issue

Just installed the Sugarland express texture. Mine has a very blury Vert Stab, did miss something or goof up the install?

Cheers: T

Is it just the vert stab or horizontal also? I took a look at my art files and tuned up the tail numbers a bit. I'll reload the entire file this evening.
Also, these are 32 bit textures rather than DXT5. I did this for the smoothness in the bump maps, but it can be taxing on a system.

How are your frame rates? Also maybe post up a screen shot of the v/stab and let me take a look.

I'll be posting up a complete DXT5 version for systems that can't handle the 32 bit version. Much more frame rate friendly but quite a loss on resolution. IMHO

Thanks for the input, my goal is to put together art files worthy of the model.

Cheers: G

View attachment 65564

Worn cockpit texture set for Milton's A-26 Invader. Includes instrument panel, with out the Camels pack. If you guys want the clean version, no cig, with a new seat texture, let me know.

I've been working on different textures for the seat... will included this in the next zip file. My first cockpit textures I've done so be kind... just wanted to do something for you guys!
fsx2012-05-1619-40-59-79.jpg

Worn cockpit texture set for Milton's A-26 Invader. Includes instrument panel, with out the Camels pack. If you guys want the clean version, no cig, with a new seat texture, let me know.

I've been working on different textures for the seat... will included this in the next zip file. My first cockpit textures I've done so be kind... just wanted to do something for you guys!
fsx2012-05-1619-40-59-79.jpg

:applause::applause::applause:

. . . . . .I'll be posting up a complete DXT5 version for systems that can't handle the 32 bit version. Much more frame rate friendly but quite a loss on resolution. IMHO
Cheers: G
Really? I've actually found just the opposite to be true. I've just finished a set of liveries for an aircraft and first reproduced them in 32bit bitmap form, then decided to go with "dds" DXT5, the difference was night and day. The dds (DXT5) was extremely sharp and even producing textures of 4096x4096 was no strain on a 4 year old dual core system.

gman, very nice textures!

FX17374.jpg

now before I start slapping paint on them, do you have a layered psd version as well? And if so, are you planning to upload those too?

Really? I've actually found just the opposite to be true. I've just finished a set of liveries for an aircraft and first reproduced them in 32bit bitmap form, then decided to go with "dds" DXT5, the difference was night and day. The dds (DXT5) was extremely sharp and even producing textures of 4096x4096 was no strain on a 4 year old dual core system.

To be honest I did not see much difference on this particular aircraft between DXT5 and 32 bit. I have experienced what looked like posterizing on a DH Vampire model when I created a black skin. It could be a model specific anomaly. When I post up the DXT5 version of the A-26 it will be 2048X2048. Take a look and compare...let me know what you think.

What I noticed on this particular aircraft was a slight pixelated appearance in the bump reflection on the fuse when I first loaded the original texture. I already had my own bump maps done, so when I loaded those textures the reflections smoothed out. It's interesting in this medium...each project has it's own personality.

Thanks for the input.

Gman

gman, very nice textures!

FX17374.jpg

now before I start slapping paint on them, do you have a layered psd version as well? And if so, are you planning to upload those too?

I will definitely be posting up a layered PSD. That one will be up very shortly.

Gman

View attachment 65583I can post again? I CAN post again! Do I want to? Oh, what the heck...
Brilliant job on the FSX conversion, new textures et al. Just DL`d the new interior textures. Great to have the `26 back in FSX. All the light bomber and attack groups in my sim world are in the proces of re-equiping on Invaders. Navy and Marine VB units are standing to on PB1D`s next.
BZ!BZ!BZ!

View attachment 65583I can post again? I CAN post again! Do I want to? Oh, what the heck...
Brilliant job on the FSX conversion, new textures et al. Just DL`d the new interior textures. Great to have the `26 back in FSX. All the light bomber and attack groups in my sim world are in the proces of re-equiping on Invaders. Navy and Marine VB units are standing to on PB1D`s next.
BZ!BZ!BZ!

Maybe P4D-1 would be better. The PB-1 was navy version of the B-17. It's giving me an idea for some fictional repaints. The Corps used the PBJ, so why not use the Invader?

Maybe P4D-1 would be better. The PB-1 was navy version of the B-17. It's giving me an idea for some fictional repaints. The Corps used the PBJ, so why not use the Invader?

The confusing designtion systems of old... Yes, indeed, the PB-1 was the Navys B-17. There was the Douglas PD flying boat of the late '20's/early '30's. The next Douglas patrol bomber would have then been (maybe) P(patrol) B(level bombing equiped with Norden bomb sight) 1( second model from manufacturer-the first is not numbered under the old system-the PD) D(Douglas). The Gun nosed 'B' model, if utilized, would ommit the reference to the Norden sight, and then should be P1D-1. It could have gotten really hairy if the navy used large numbers of B-17s and differentiated between Boeing(B), Vega(V) and Douglas(D) built models!(PB, PB3V, PB1[or2]D), let alone the re-use of designators( N; for instance, was used as the designator for Naval Aircraft Factory and Northrop, M for Martin and Eastern Aircraft or B for Boeing and for any Norden equipped aircraft.) Properly, the PB-1(If carring a Norden sight) would have been the PBB or PB1B.
The navy's designation system then:
first letter-role. F(fighter)P(Patrol)S(scout)T(torpedo)J(utility)N(training)R(transport)W(electronic warefare[radar,ELINT ect])O(observation)D(photo recce)
second letter-supplementary role or mission equipment( OS2U, SBD, TBM, ect)
first number - model
dash number- vairiant . So, for instance , in the Consolidated line of patrol planes we end up with PY, P1Y, P2Y(No bombing role), PBY, PB2Y,PB4Y, PB4Y-1. With loads of exceptions and ambiguity.( PBJ`s were always PBJ`s regardless of solid or glass nose fitiment. SNJ makes no sense at all...)
letter after dash number- modification of variant (F4U-1D) or role specific modification( F4F-5N, PB-1W)
Let alone the erraticly applied V(Heavier than air) or Z(Lighter than air letter) normally seen in unit designators(VF, VT, VP,VD) but also in type designators(Goodyear ZPG-1 patrol blimps) By the mid 1950s I expect the Navys designation system occupied a volume equivilent to the 1950-2012 Hong Kong phone books!
One can see why a new designation system was required in 1962!
Any way.
Lots of potental for whatiferisims. Loads of fun!

TuFun, excellent work! I'm mixing/matching & testing at the moment but the new detailed & worn VC textures really bring the FSX version to life!

:salute:

Was this fix suppose to delete the camels, cause I can still see them with you zip files here.

Thanks.

:wavey:

Was this fix suppose to delete the camels, cause I can still see them with you zip files here.

Thanks.

:wavey:

Yep, in the A-26 interior textures folder... file name is vc01.bmp... copy to your A-26 panel folder. Make a backup of the original vco1.

My first file I ever uploaded, forgot to add a readme file. -TuFun

TuFun, excellent work! I'm mixing/matching & testing at the moment but the new detailed & worn VC textures really bring the FSX version to life!

:salute:

Same here... lots of testing. That tiny gray square sure covers a lot of areas. Not only that, certain areas will distort like crazy... a #1 line to #100. Using a grid of lines or dots will show what I mean!

Leave the Camels! I like a smoke after a bomb run. Ahh; just like back in the day- roll up your sleeves, run some numbers on the slide rule, light up an un-filtered Camel, and crank off a hydrogen bomb...
The new cockpit texs look very nice, thank you! Trying the other bits latter.
BTY. Simviation, FSX misc, Bruce Fitzgeralds 'Bomb C' a 500 lbGP.
Making a co-ordinated attack on a Nipponese convoy with a PT boat section..View attachment 65611View attachment 65612View attachment 65613View attachment 65614

Looks good Laz!!

You know ... that scheme ...dirtied up ... Korean War ... VMP-254 configures these for land-based long-range reconnaissance ...If the Tigercat wouldn't have happened ... maybe they might have gone this route ... just saying ...:kilroy:

Love your work, nice to see you active again here!

DL

Hey DL. Never left, just one day couldn't post, then it worked again. I'm undecided on active participation anyways after the fire I was drawing a while ago, so I just let it go. Tinkering with a few navy and marine paints. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm getting bleed out with the blues when saving. I suppose there is a fix in a thread somewhere, but its more amusing to hack away at it on my own terms. All in good time!

Back