• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

These are great textures, gman5250. Are you going to publish a layered paint kit separately? I've been away a while working on the AS RA-5C and I was wondering if specular shine mapping has been added to the model yet.

DaveQ

Thanks for the feedback and support

These are great textures, gman5250. Are you going to publish a layered paint kit separately? I've been away a while working on the AS RA-5C and I was wondering if specular shine mapping has been added to the model yet.

DaveQ

I have posted up a PSD layered paint kit, however it needs updating with the new mods on the nacelles and cowling details. Give me a couple days to refine the nacelle bump mapping (still looking for detail photos of nacelles for rivet patterns etc.) and I will post up the new PSD files.
I have included spec maps in the PSD kit and the skin texture files. John brought up the question about ambient spec mapping when not enabled in the model. In my experience the spec maps do work with the model but not in the same way as when enabled. Long story short....I have left them in.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. This is a great model, even better than many payware aircraft, which is why I felt it deserved the work. All credit goes to Milton Shupe and John Terrell for their great modeling and decision to convert to FSX

I'm just a guy who has been slingin' an airbrush since I was seven years old. I started on plastic and R/C models and never really gave it up. The transition to digital was inevitable.

G

P.S. I can't wait to see the Grumman F7F-300 finished for FSX...It's always been one of my favorites. I'd love to take that project on.
View attachment 66454

Gordon,

Installed these latest textures and they really look nice! Bravo!

Now that F7F .... that's :ichile: ! I too look forward to that bird in FSX. Fly the ported version, and it looks good now - can only imagine a native one - with your paints!

Thanks again,

I have posted up a PSD layered paint kit, however it needs updating with the new mods on the nacelles and cowling details. Give me a couple days to refine the nacelle bump mapping (still looking for detail photos of nacelles for rivet patterns etc.) and I will post up the new PSD files.
I have included spec maps in the PSD kit and the skin texture files. John brought up the question about ambient spec mapping when not enabled in the model. In my experience the spec maps do work with the model but not in the same way as when enabled. Long story short....I have left them in.

Thanks for your reply gman - I'll have a play!

Fire Eater Tanker 59 paint job for the movie I'm working on. After watching the movie "Always" I need to make some changes. No paint on the control surfaces except the tail in the movie. Also, the Fire Eater decal is located near the canopy in the movie, not like the actual aircraft. Pete's flew aircraft #57.

fsx2012-05-2521-15-10-50.jpg

fsx2012-05-3111-18-14-18.jpg
fsx2012-05-3111-19-22-81.jpg

fsx2012-05-3111-23-55-51.jpg

fsx2012-05-3111-58-43-44.jpg

Woooow! thats looking great Tufun, I am realy looking forward to this paint scheme.

:jump:Regards

Bruce.

p.s. I just watched it again also, great movie.

Woooow! thats looking great Tufun, I am realy looking forward to this paint scheme.

:jump:Regards

Bruce.

p.s. I just watched it again also, great movie.

Same here, looking closely at the flight and paints on the aircraft in the movie. Trying to find that patch on the bomber jacket they were wearing also.

Excellent job, Tufun, and great detailing!

Thanks... looking forward to your Solomon scenery!!!

Phase 1:

Template for the upper wings... will be used for alignment for detailed rivets. Very long process for me... I'm not a painter! Plus its 100°+ here, with no AC. I love it, but the computer doesn't, so time limit is very short or not at all. :frown:

Phase 2: Cowls and Nacelles
Phase 3: Fuselage
Phase 4: Tail area
Phase 5: Wings lower

-TF

fsx2012-06-0121-47-21-31.jpg

I read all the 17 pages and it's nice to see a so active community that gives new life to an old project! :applause:

To get the most updated version do I need only these files?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=6&linkid=265
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=6951
http://www.mediafire.com/?4nxvj0kym4vml9c

BTW I noticed that there's a problem with the latest file uploaded by gman5250: "Status unknown" and it can't be downloaded.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=7960&catid=3
searchsohcombatflightce.png

I don't known if this bug was already reported, however with the landing lights turned on part of the gun sight becomes transparent.

Can the DX10 bug of the chromed wheels be fixed?

Nice! :cool:

I read all the 17 pages and it's nice to see a so active community that gives new life to an old project! :applause:

BTW I noticed that there's a problem with the latest file uploaded by gman5250: "Status unknown" and it can't be downloaded.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=7960&catid=3

The status glitch may have occurred when I was updating the files. I live in an area with very slow internet, (KMMH. Take off runway 9, maintain runway heading and look over your starboard wingtip at the far end of the lake. I'm down there in the middle of nowhere) so it may have been a server timeout.

I've re-loaded the files with all of my current revisions. Give it a another try.

I have updated both the dull and polished skin versions. Both texture sets now have enhanced cowl and nacelle detailing and bump mapping. I've attempted to create the nacelle rivet patterns as accurately as possible with the resources I have available. There aren't too many photos out there with close up details in this area covering the entire nacelle. If anyone finds photos be sure to post them up and I'll make the necessary corrections. Same for the bump mapping. I've added the subtle bulges in the nacelles where necessary. Also, I created these skins with less oil and exhaust residue on the wings and nacelles so that those details can be added by the end user. I've corrected the anti glare panels to cover the top of the cowl area, enhanced the bump mapping in the exhaust header/cowl flap areas to be more accurate and removed the high polish from the fabric panels areas. I've also tweaked the codes to be more efficient.

There are now three versions. The high polished version that would simulate a flying restoration, a low polish aluminum skin more accurate to service aircraft and a matte skin for color work. I'll update the PSD kit with all of the changes and upload the final within the next couple of days.

With the addition of these latest revisions I think the aircraft should be visually correct/pleasing from every angle including cockpit views. Take it up for a check ride and let me know what you would like to see changed or added. This is by far one of my favorite aircraft..freeware or payware. I hope everyone enjoys these skins.

G

View attachment 66907

Thanks... looking forward to your Solomon scenery!!!

Phase 1:

Template for the upper wings... will be used for alignment for detailed rivets. Very long process for me... I'm not a painter! Plus its 100°+ here, with no AC. I love it, but the computer doesn't, so time limit is very short or not at all. :frown:

Phase 2: Cowls and Nacelles
Phase 3: Fuselage
Phase 4: Tail area
Phase 5: Wings lower

-TF

fsx2012-06-0121-47-21-31.jpg

This looks amazing!!!

The status glitch may have occurred when I was updating the files. I live in an area with very slow internet, (KMMH. Take off runway 9, maintain runway heading and look over your starboard wingtip at the far end of the lake. I'm down there in the middle of nowhere) so it may have been a server timeout.

I've re-loaded the files with all of my current revisions. Give it a another try.

I have updated both the dull and polished skin versions. Both texture sets now have enhanced cowl and nacelle detailing and bump mapping. I've attempted to create the nacelle rivet patterns as accurately as possible with the resources I have available. There aren't too many photos out there with close up details in this area covering the entire nacelle. If anyone finds photos be sure to post them up and I'll make the necessary corrections. Same for the bump mapping. I've added the subtle bulges in the nacelles where necessary. Also, I created these skins with less oil and exhaust residue on the wings and nacelles so that those details can be added by the end user. I've corrected the anti glare panels to cover the top of the cowl area, enhanced the bump mapping in the exhaust header/cowl flap areas to be more accurate and removed the high polish from the fabric panels areas. I've also tweaked the codes to be more efficient.

There are now three versions. The high polished version that would simulate a flying restoration, a low polish aluminum skin more accurate to service aircraft and a matte skin for color work. I'll update the PSD kit with all of the changes and upload the final within the next couple of days.

With the addition of these latest revisions I think the aircraft should be visually correct/pleasing from every angle including cockpit views. Take it up for a check ride and let me know what you would like to see changed or added. This is by far one of my favorite aircraft..freeware or payware. I hope everyone enjoys these skins.

G

View attachment 66907

Awesome work and details ... thank you so much. :applause::medals:

I was going to do base textures, but after seeing Gman's there's little point... his are magnificent. I will offer up the rivet layers I've done if he wants them though? all 2048x2048

I was going to do base textures, but after seeing Gman's there's little point... his are magnificent. I will offer up the rivet layers I've done if he wants them though? all 2048x2048

Thanks for your efforts Rachael:ernae:. I hope someone will be able to use your rivet bump maps!

I'll put them up here when I get chance to upload (link in thread) its not bumps, its literally a rivet transparency layers... for each surface, in hd, so if people want it, they can have them, took long enough to do, figured I wouldnt waste it and let others have them.

Random question/ thought, I've been flying my A2A 17 a lot recently... so after resurrecting my war era 26, I was a little disappointed by the static turrets... having gotten so used to my lively crew! this is a crazy thought, but would it take a lot of work to perhaps animate them perhaps? while this is fsx, Its possible.. some others I've seen do it, and why not add such and enhancement? say, animation active when gear = up... panning and tilting over a random timescale... would really bring the old girl to life no? Then again, these are the mad musings of a loon, so feel free to discount! (sometimes wish I had modeling/animations skill)

Also, will be uploading this when finished... but a semi fictional 26C from the 91st Bombardment Group, 322 Sqdrn... (I got bored, and decided to trial some wear and tear techniques)

91stA26final.jpg

Back