• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 released

TiAr

Charter Member
After the Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 1 now brand new availible: the newer Cessna T206H Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 2.

Mark 2 features:

9 different models with 12 repaints.

- FSXA (and P3DV4+) natively compiled models - Individual airfiles by Alexander M. Metzger created according to the original models
- fully animated exterior and interior models
- Sound system corresponding to the Rolls-Royce 250-B17/F2
- A detailed VC with cockpit sounds and mouse tooltips
- All models are prepared to use alternative avionics like F1 G500/600, F1 GTN 750/650, F1 GNS, Bendix KLN 90B and RXP GNS. Instructions for the installation of RXP GTN are included.
- Night lighting
- 3D lights
- 2048 and 4096 HD textures - models are designed for 4096 x 4096 pixels.
- Bump textures, gloss effects controllable via alpha
- Configuration window/tool to turn on/off some model add-ons and avionics
- VCRain windshield effects
- GPU with function and sound
- Models can be installed outside the simulator (or other hard disk)

32136789ro.jpg

Mark 2

32136790qu.jpg

Mark 1 in new V4.0

Both are different planes!

Thomas

Another great success! I admit when flying each I don't detect much difference but I think the nose of the Mk2 has a slightly more pleasing shape than the turned up one on the Mk1.

All I can say is “wow”. A quality add on that put a number of payware releases to shame. Congratulations on a truly magnificent aircraft. Will be flying this a lot.

Bob

Beautiful flying machine, but I can't get the "Volts" light to go out on the warning panel. I've got the generator on and am following the startup checklist. Am I missing a switch somewhere?

Reggie

Thomas,

Just made my first flight in the Mark 2. Super job ! Only noticed one little 'bug'. The strobes on the wing are visible in the cabin in the wing root area.
No biggie, just don't look up there on a night flight. It'll ruin your night vision.:biggrin-new:

Off to make another flight with the float model ! Thanks for another great plane !

Thomas,
As others have noted, there are payware planes that don't come close to the quality of your planes. Many thanks for such a generous contribution to the community.

I was pleasantly surprised by the manageable ground handling characteristics. I was prepared for the typical FSX turboprop compromise of either "taxi at 60 knots and/or ride the brakes until they're red hot"...but the Ground Idle switch on the Soloys definitely works as advertised!

Totally blows away the payware stuff. Bravo. I don't think I need to buy another Cessna again. LOL

Back