• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

UKMIL CH-47 is out...but....

indeed, here is my next mdl, already in action, and as you can see, it needs the spec treatment, now i know how to get rid of that shine

1223916489_3_FT34345_image13.jpg

UKMIL, thanks for taking the time to update and to everyone else for providing inputs to make this helo even better. When I get home later I'll be sure to d/l the updated version and test her out.

The C-17 is going to look spectacular!

-G-

I'd like to have a go at the rotor textures too, that new work on it looks 10x better! :applause::applause::applause:

...I'm sure simply adding a specular map will raise draws calls in its own right, it is an extra layer the sim has to render so will have an impact.

No it won't add to the drawcalls. One FSX Material = one drawcall, no matter how many textures are assigned to the FSX Material's slots.

As a perfect example of achieving draw call efficiency, consider one FS9 model (Eaglesoft's Liberty XL2) that I remapped/remodeled for full FSX compliance...

FS9 model had 384 drawcalls
FSX model has 15 drawcalls

In the process, I managed to double the texture resolution, reduce the texture loading (in spite of having more actual bitmaps!), and cut the framerate impact nearly in half. :ernae:

Most of that work involved rearranging the images more efficiently and actually using as many pixels on any single texture as possible. :)

My new version seems to have a hole where the Attitude gauge should go. Anyone else have this problem.

Tom

No it won't add to the drawcalls. One FSX Material = one drawcall, no matter how many textures are assigned to the FSX Material's slots.

As a perfect example of achieving draw call efficiency, consider one FS9 model (Eaglesoft's Liberty XL2) that I remapped/remodeled for full FSX compliance...

FS9 model had 384 drawcalls
FSX model has 15 drawcalls

In the process, I managed to double the texture resolution, reduce the texture loading (in spite of having more actual bitmaps!), and cut the framerate impact nearly in half. :ernae:

Most of that work involved rearranging the images more efficiently and actually using as many pixels on any single texture as possible. :)

Bill,

Thanks for the clarification, I need to look into draw calls and find out what helps and what doesnt....after I've worked out a few more basics LOL.

Best

Michael

Nice shot Roger! I can't get the rotor texture to line up because it's one texture for both animations and for that to work, the rotor heads would have to be in the same positions. PM me if you want these textures, with an addy.

ch47rtrs1dz4.jpg

Yep I noticed that. It's not a biggie unless you go looking for it but I'd guess that would be a real brain teaser to align:isadizzy:

My new version seems to have a hole where the Attitude gauge should go. Anyone else have this problem.

Tom

Yes i've had this from the start also. I looked at the panel.cfg and it seems the main AI gauges are Trident and Javelin, i don't have these gauges and assume you don't either.

I just used the AI gauge from the UKmil wessex instead.

Thank you very much for this Gaffer,love it!!

Regards

Just about to try her out
wish me luck its got no wings :censored:
and im a bad pilot even with wings:redf:
Thanks
H

Back