• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Westland Whirlwind

Is anybody using it OK in P3D 5.3?
It's fine for me in 5.2

BTW anyone having problems with the gunsight - make sure the Battery switch is on, most things work without it but gunsight and temp gauges need it.

Is anybody using it OK in P3D 5.3?
It's fine for me in 5.2

BTW anyone having problems with the gunsight - make sure the Battery switch is on, most things work without it but gunsight and temp gauges need it.

I'm using P3d 5.3

@Alain . Seems only the canopy handle on G-AGOI is working ..... are you dragging in the right plane i.e. left to right ?

Anyone having trouble with CTD's I would advise installing the aircraft in the SimObject/Aircrafts folder . that should avoid problems with the extra sounds path...... What are the benefits of placing the aircraft elsewhere anyway ?

There is no change to the model with TP , just some extra files .

Hi
Same issue when installing the aircraft in the SimObject/Aircrafts folder of P3D 5.3HF1.
(
g2d.dll 5.3.15.28131 and Framework v4.0.30319)

The content error with the first of the selection (Whirlwind_mk1 263 Sqn HE-H)
But it seems it is not the raison because no errors with others aircrafts, but always CTD.
[error.0] error=Texture "FRESNEL_RAMP.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)
[error.1] error=Invalid Texture name "DDS" specified for model "WW_mk1".
[error.2] error=Texture "DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

Regards
Michel

Whirlwind will run in P3D V4.5 just fine but not so in P3D V5.3 - It will load the preview screen then starts to load the scenery et all then quits..

Confirmed - it's OK in P3Dv4.5 and FSX but not (at least on my rig - Ryzen 5800X CPU, Radeon 6800 GPU) in 5.3. Not installed HF1 yet though.

DaveQ

Hello

@ Wingman111,
-to open the Canopy, Drag left to the right works for the opening, but I can not close it in any way!
The crank or handle of the Canopy has no action!
Including on the civilian version!
Regards

Alain
-

In P3D v4.5 the click and drag area to close the canopy is outlined roughly in red here
blUjeLK.jpg

Attachments

• Whirlwind drag spot to close.jpg
    Whirlwind drag spot to close.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 151
Hello

@ Wingman111,
-to open the Canopy, Drag left to the right works for the opening, but I can not close it in any way!
The crank or handle of the Canopy has no action!
Including on the civilian version!
Regards

Alain
-
Aw, shucks, I uploaded an unfixed version of the Civy cockpit so you are right the winding handle has no mouse area , as for the dragging, try not opening the canopy so far , makes it easier to find the mouse area on the rail .
D

Now up and running in P3DV5.3 - it would not load using the addon xml method (ctd on loading) but once I just put into the main sim airplanes folder as suggested previously. Loaded perfectly.

What a delightful aeroplane, great textures and work, it fly's beautifully, sound is good, animations all work for me. Two circuits in it and no problems at all. Just need to get to know it better hard to comprehend why the developers would abandon this one - it is great! Many thanks for uploading for us.

Back