• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Klaus - Reference the Condor - I noticed that Kietel had used a sound package he had developed from the default FSX DC-3 Pratt and Whitney's. I actually found on the net some old footage of the Condor and the engines were a little different sounding to my ear. I went searching and finally found some old sound packages for the German Bramo Engines. I have reworked these with Kietel's sound config architecture so now it has realistic Bramo Engine Sounds (I think the engine was also used in the FW190 which is where they originally came from). Anyhow if you PM me I will get you the package - see what you think.

PM send

greetings
Klaus

Warbirdsims Mustangs Compatibility question

I read somewhere, the Warbirdsim Mustang Tales is compatible with P3D5 but other packages not. Is there a final package, combining all releases?

Are other packages like Little Friends I and II, the Then and Now Series also compatible? Officially they are all FSX only.

Thanks

Dan

Mustangs Warbirdsim and A2A

I read somewhere, the Warbirdsim Mustang Tales is compatible with P3D5 but other packages not. Is there a final package, combining all releases?

Are other packages like Little Friends I and II, the Then and Now Series also compatible? Officially they are all FSX only.

Thanks

Dan

I got the "Mustang Tales" package from Warbirdsim which works perfectly in P3D5.3. It is not as photoreal as the A2A product but the flight characteristics are much better than from the officially P3D5 compatible A2A product. The A2A Mustangs seems to seak a realism, I can't really handle. It tends to pull to one side and often stalls. I never use realism settings in P3D since it is hard to use it with my stick and throttle. I already had to modify the tuning section of the aircraft.cfg but still do crash too often, due to rotation effects and stalls which seem not affected by the insim realism settings.

The model from Warbirdsim is just excellent, made so good, it is still perfect in P3D5. I wonder, why they never promoted it for P3D.

Dan

Last edited:
Handley Page 42

Rediscovered this oldie - lost my rebuild of it some time ago in a HD crash!. Yes has a VC now to redo all that work to tidy itall up again. Something fascinating about cruising the countryside at 90 knots in this old Imperial Airways chugger.

klMk8pm.jpg

A certain Dutch designer Mr Fokker when seeing one described it as " Having a built in headwind" indeed it did. Imperial used them for a decade never pranged one or killed a pax!

Noorduyn Norseman C64

This one was lurking in the library and while some work had been done on it to get it into P3D it still needs a bit of work to replace guages etc to get a reasonable outcome. Still not bad. Still updating it to my satisfaction and this is a trial paint in the colours of Falkland Islands Air Service who operated one out of Port Stanley for quite a few years.

ouMr4QA.jpg

Ruth Airbus A300 B

Given up on JF finishing or releasing the A300 for P3D. Dug around and came up with the old FSX Thomas Ruth A300B1/2/4 models. Fully functional VC (apart from the FMC) and apart from some dated textures here and there not bad at all - shall we say respectable (AVSIM would be the goto)

Found a FSL Spotlight ini which fixed the panel lights and there are a few stray liveries about as well. Might not be study level but not totally light either. Looks pretty good and performs well as far as one can tell.

rsCYHE4.jpg

Australian Airlines ex TAC now in Qantas colours.

nAisWME.jpg

The VC.

There is also a PBR 600 model but it needs a payware guage addon program to be fully functional but otherwise nice work on the rest.

Fletcher FU24

This is another freeware gem - found at Rikoo seems it was a payware model now like a lot of other FSX stuff dumped out for those who want it. Very high quality model all over. Has functional spreader and effects. There were quite a few of these floating about Oz and NZ (might even still be the odd one). Strictly a low level round the paddock machine although the Kiwis had a few converted to let those with the need jump out of them!

Might as well get these and enjoy P3D it will be another few years before MSFS comes good!

The mighty Fletcher
5k8OfAp.jpg

The cockpit (all works) nice job.

XeBUa4Y.jpg

And doing some dusting work:
xlp9dFv.jpg

Razbam metroliner and p3dv5

A few thoughts and findings on the Metroliner and P3DV5. First there were numerous threads about a number of issues the plagued the Metro in FSX. Bjoern did a number of mods and his package is still available but the caveat is that it is mostly applicable to FSX or P3D V1-3 only. So here is what I have come up with as semi-final assessment. Yes you can install this into P3DV5 and you will get a 90% functional aircraft. All the textures, animations etc all work no problem. I cross checked this with how it worked in FSX and here is what is the problem and here is what will not work:

The PWR FAIL light on the main panel remains on. The Torque, FF, Fuel Quantity and OAT temp guages and the Annunciator panel will not work. All the other stuff works all the main switches, navaids, AP pop up etc.

The issue is simple but a major show stopper - the original FSX model required an addon dll file called MM3SM.dll - this was a custom made dll that allowed for the interconnection of various components (Many of which are built into the model and cannot be swapped out). It was also clear from the original work done by Bjoern that this dll also had been created with the possible intention and having a highly realistic electrical system so a lot of gauges that rely on that part of the electrical system just cannot work without it. The bad news this is a 32 bit dll. Nothing can get it to work in a 64 bit system, no xml addon, no dll mods can overcome this issue.

But you will get a nice looking Metro in P3DV5 perfectly flyable with no other problems, all the navaids work, HSI instruments etc all can be tuned and the AP is completely functional as well. Sound is good, handling is good and it is still a very high quality product graphically. You will just have to igore the fact of the engine instruments no torque or FF or Fuel Quantity (all the rest are fine and you get the Fuel Quantity off the GPS unit which works anyway - go figure) and the annuciator panel is not working at all and the annoying PWR fail light is on (now actually it is correct it is on because there is a power failure in part of the system). A real shame given the level of quality everywhere else in this one!

So thats that!

RealAir Beech B60 Duke

This might be my last post here on the compatability thread - I have done all I could with a lot of stuff. Time to sit back and enjoy what is really now an amazing collection of sim models. Anyhow here goes, saved the best for last.

Anybody lucky enough to have got the RealAir Beechcraft B60 before they shut up shop will not be dissapointed. I managed to get an updated installer for P3DV4 from them for this - always grateful. This is still without a doubt the nicest and most realistic general aviation twin ever done for flight simulation. Great modelling, beautiful textures, perfect flight behaviour and well just a delight to fly in the sim. I have flown a lot of Beechcraft in my time from the humble Skipper to the King Air - they have a distinctive touch and always a pilots aeroplane with manners! So is the RealAir Duke. 10/10 and works perfectly in P3DV5.3 enough said!

ns59WsZ.jpg

Zy3LmFD.jpg

Convair 880-990

Well cant say one does not try. The old HJG Convair worked fine in FSX for me but only with a 2D panel. Thought I would have another go at trying to get this old bird into P3D and with a VC. So using mdl converter and all the usual tools and tricks managed to get the HJG converted into P3D - managed to even graft a very credible and nice full functional VC into the beast, sound, gauges everything all worked beautifully. Sounded great flew beautifully but alas something goes amiss in the model conversion process that it seems nobody knows how to fix. Even the grafted VC more than passed for a Convair cockpit. Sheez!

Anyway looked pretty good in P3DV5, flew beautifully without any problems but now as you can see what the problem was - the stabiliser angle or join of the stabiliser to the fuselage and the outboard flaps joining the fuselage. So surrended on this one - so close damn! Always wanted a decent Convair.

tAmAFF1.jpg

Oh tried every trick and method available via FS Developer and the Model Converter gurus - seems the issue is that for some models the conversion process misreads bounding boxes that cover some parts and alas nobody thinks there is a solution or has found one for this type of issue- oh yes there is build a complete new model from scratch!

Last edited:
I have only some few experiences with MCX to convert some helicopters for P3D. Because of the specific behaviour of the rotors, I had to isolate the rotor sections and had to merge it to the helis body mdl afterwards.
Just an idea, but how about doing this with the stabilizer section as well? How will it work that way?

Well cant say one does not try. The old HJG Convair worked fine in FSX for me but only with a 2D panel. Thought I would have another go at trying to get this old bird into P3D and with a VC. So using mdl converter and all the usual tools and tricks managed to get the HJG converted into P3D - managed to even graft a very credible and nice full functional VC into the beast, sound, gauges everything all worked beautifully. Sounded great flew beautifully but alas something goes amiss in the model conversion process that it seems nobody knows how to fix. Even the grafted VC more than passed for a Convair cockpit. Sheez!

Anyway looked pretty good in P3DV5, flew beautifully without any problems but now as you can see what the problem was - the stabiliser angle or join of the stabiliser to the fuselage and the outboard flaps joining the fuselage. So surrended on this one - so close damn! Always wanted a decent Convair.

tAmAFF1.jpg

Oh tried every trick and method available via FS Developer and the Model Converter gurus - seems the issue is that for some models the conversion process misreads bounding boxes that cover some parts and alas nobody thinks there is a solution or has found one for this type of issue- oh yes there is build a complete new model from scratch!

I took a quick look at the model and gave you a few suggestions over at your FSDeveloper post.
Gavin

Gavin - thanks and thanks to the FS Developer folk now on the way not perfect yet. Still not for public use alas as this is a HJG aeroplane and I have borrowed some other stuff from some other folk too. But to get at last the Convair into P3D and working is fantastic! Well I think so something about this tube always caught my imagination. (Saw the JAL and Cathay ones when I was a youngster)

tOY2Cbl.jpg

Coincidently I have also been fooling around with MCX and converting HJG airliners to P3D. They all have an issue with the stabilizers, elevator and trim tabs that you need to adjust in the animations and reset to zero. Looks like you figured this out for the Convairs. I may have a go at the DM VC10 which was always a favorite model. Have fun!
F9NWOjy.png
jIp382G.png
EKpvSlM.png

Expat - getting the hang of it. HJG did good stuff. Their attention to detail was pretty impressive - like the 707 they were the only ones who got the 707-138 (Qantas's first 707) right. It is their show I know but they have stayed stubbornly welded to MS2004 and 2D panels - even right through the FSX era. On one level I can understand why but I gave up on 2D cockpits when FSX arrived just could not go back to that style of sim flying. Still hunting for a suitable 707 VC that might work. Tidy up time on the Convair now.

Dave Maltby BAC 1-11

Having given up on the JF BAC 1-11 (Flight Pitch Stability/performance/lighting bugs) and obviously no fixes or updates to again be provided. I had given up on the Dave Maltby's original BAC 1-11 because of it not having an interior model and not updated to FSX Native. A friend on another site prompted me to have another look at the BAC 1-11 again decided the JF version was a mess and not worth pursuing again! Doing searches etc I came across an FSX Native version that was done by Bjoern (somehow I had overlooked this or missed it). Summary Bjoern did a great job converting it all to FSX Native and then updating all the gauges systems etc. End result the internal textures may seem a little dated but they are still not bad but this was without a doubt a very finely done rendition of the BAC 1-11 by Dave. Now Bjoern only offered the updated kit he had done and you still needed the original package. That used to be a CBFS but alas is not available any longer. More searching about came up with a complete package (minus the VC textures) then found a version on a Russian sim site that had the VC textures so once again the whole package by Dave Maltby was complete.

Performance and systems are all realistic and close to book. Everything works nicely few little glitches here and there but nothing major (just misaligned mouse grab points in P3D). So if you wanted the BAC 1-11 for some strange reason then there it is, get Bjoerns update package, for the complete Maltby Package hunt around for the 2004 model that is what you need as a base package to get all the models, 200, 300, 400, 475, 500 etc etc., then FX BAC 111 at Avsim_su will get you a specific model but get you the missing VC textures. Put it all together and you have the BAC 1-11 all its variants etc. Paints they are about in various libraries and HJG has a good collection for the Maltby BAC 1-11 as well.

zGcK5OC.jpg

MBHI02G.jpg

Fairey Swordfish

Another curiosity from the past the Fairey Swordfish. No great affection for the aeroplane but the exploits of the pilots who were forced to fly this front line bomber off carriers in WW2 are off course tragically heroic. I had the swordfish in FSX but had forgotten about it since getting P3D and lost the install files for the version I had (Alphasim I think). Watching a documentary on the Swordfish went hunting and found this version by Flying Stations who did a lot of interesting naval stuff once upon a time but had long gone but some dedicated soul had saved what he could from their catalogue and there was the swordfish (Link: https://bravozulu.blog/2019/12/18/flying-stations-freeware/ )

Anyway runs off an exe install program and after a check of its integrity in a dummy folder put it into P3DV5 and there it was in all its glory. Fully functional VC and guages and quite a few paints for alternate squadrons on the net as well.

So if you want to doodle about over the ocean or fly it off an aircraft carrier (There are about 4 Flying Station Carriers available as well) there you go!

BKkyPw9.jpg

Back