• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Go to the main P3D 'Gauges' folder and it will be found there. Either rename the file so that it doesn't get accessed, or simply delete it. Any aircraft that is tied to that windshield.dll by A2A Simulations will cause a CTD unless that file is disabled by renaming or removed.

Thanks John, I couldn't find a windshield.dll though

In the case of the Manfred C-47 in particular, the windshield.dll file is likely present within the 'C47' folder within the aircraft's 'Panel' folder (sorry, I'm away from my FS computer right now so I'm going off of memory).

Hi Paiken, I couldn't find a windshield.dll in the C47 folder, neither in the panel or anywhere else inside the C-47 folder. Thanks anyway
In my computer the file is located in the "SimObjects/Airplanes/Douglas_c_47_PBR/panel" folder. It's called Windshield.dll. Just add _bak to the file name and you should be good to go.

In my computer the file is located in the "SimObjects/Airplanes/Douglas_c_47_PBR/panel" folder. It's called Windshield.dll. Just add _bak to the file name and you should be good to go.

Got it working now, guys. Thanks a lot

Francisco Aguiar

Skunkworks have released V5 versions of the Fiat G-91 and F-104G and S, as separate V5 models.
Anyone know if there are changes besides the installer? I just bought the P3D F-104G a couple of weeks ago (for money, about a week before the giveaway) and haven't even had time to install it yet. Given the low low 10 euro price, I could buy it again if needed for V5, but wondering if there are actual differences or if V4 works okay in V5.

The G-91 had a PBR update available for V4.5, so I'm thinking that might look a bit odd in V5, but the aircraft itself should work fine. As far as I know, none of the F-104's were ever given PBR, so they should work fine "as is".

Since SSW installers use a .dll for the copy protection stuff, I have no idea whether anything in V5 breaks that, but I'd think it should work.

It's not an aircraft but if you like Navy types then you have probably used AI Carriers. The .Net version works fine in P3Dv5.

So does the RFN Carrier Gauge and RFN Radar.

And of course their new F-8E(FN)/J Crusader.
:ernaehrung004:

The G-91 had a PBR update available for V4.5, so I'm thinking that might look a bit odd in V5, but the aircraft itself should work fine. As far as I know, none of the F-104's were ever given PBR, so they should work fine "as is".

Since SSW installers use a .dll for the copy protection stuff, I have no idea whether anything in V5 breaks that, but I'd think it should work.

The DLL is still there but apparently no need for the keyless installer step and no green message at runtime.
I have the G91 and 104G (both work OK in P3Dv5, not got the menu interaction working yet) so bought the 104S - compared to the P3Dv4.5 104G there is little difference and most of the files in the _new_ 104S are _very_ old.
If it's just an installer change then it's odd to have a new model, but they have been very generous lately so not worrying too much...but right now wouldn't buy a V5 aircraft if I had the V4.5 version.
Cheers
Keith

Last edited:
Nigel Richard's AVRO 621, converted to FSX Native by Bluebear works great in v5. I'm sure the other models would, also.

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot2844.jpg
    screenshot2844.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 262
The M2M M2K works well, problem only being the lack of Tackpack. Stores will need to be handled via the cfg file:

q89diUH.jpg

I loaded this up for P3D4+ and it promptly appeared in P3D5! Looks as if it doesn't like the PBR textures but it flies as well as ever.

yzS6ur.jpg

Back