• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Noddy, just installed the Milviz F-100 straight into P3D v5. Works perfectly. Great flight with all the gauges, bells and whistles working. Maybe give it another try. Great aircraft.

Outstanding - I'm going to try it too!

Kent

:applause:Success on the F-100D install. And the MVAMS seems to work as well.

BTW...I had installer v1.170615, which obviously required a manual pointer change to the P3Dv5 folder from the default P3Dv4.

Kent

:BTW...I had installer v1.170615, which obviously required a manual pointer change to the P3Dv5 folder from the default P3Dv4. Kent
Worked for me. I redirected and changed the 4 to a 5. Glad you got it working. Great aircraft.

Worked for me. I redirected and changed the 4 to a 5. Glad you got it working. Great aircraft.

Now if we could get the T-38 ADV to run, I'd be half happy (I'll never be totally happy until someone does a MILVIZ quality T-33A!!!!)...

Kent

Aerosoft Catalina, Twin Otter-X, ASK-21 and Discus K all working well, via addons.cfg - just have to ensure that the path to the sounds folder in asc.cfg (in the aircraft panel folder) is absolute.
Cheers
Keith

I am having trouble with the SWS Phantom and Tweet, I pointed the installer to the V5 add-on folder and altered the add-on xml to show this:

What I am missing?
attachment.php

Attachments

• addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 226
I am having trouble with the SWS Phantom and Tweet, I pointed the installer to the V5 add-on folder and altered the add-on xml to show this:

News from SWS:

While things seem rather quiet out here, they have not been at all behind the scenes!We are currently compiling a new set of updates for all our products, which will be released gradually starting this week.
The first one is the T-37B update which will fix a number of issues reported by our users after the initial release, while introducing some improvements and new features to the operation of certain systems.
Next is an update to our PBR Phantom which will address some visual issues and a "hard braking" drag chute reported by our users.
Lastly, all our products that include carriers will receive an update which will address a crash caused by the AI helicopter, as well as some other bugs reported by customers.

We are already testing our products in Prepar3D v5 and have performed much of the work needed. We anticipate to release our P3Dv5 update schedule and installers in May, if all goes to plan.

HiFi will release beta Active Sky for P3Dv5 of 4th May (max to 6th but probably it will be 4th). :wavey:

I have not found a way to point the Aerosoft Tomcat installer to P3DV5. Has anyone been able to? Flightsim Estonia's Migration Tool, once they update it (supposedly soon) should do it, so I am hoping for that. Just wondering if anyone has found a workaround? NC

a5DIsi.png

Hi NC,

I had to manually put the various folders in to place from the main Aerosoft F-14 Extended folder which was in the root P33D V5 after pointing the installer there. Appears all to be working.

NC,
The Tomcat now can be accessed with the Aerosoft Updater, which is the user interface they have gone to for other models. I had to do that with the move to 4.5, but I still have the model installed outside P3D. Should be able to do the same once I moved to 5 (pending Tacpack update).

Victory, I did the same thing as Noddy transferred by hand. Where does one access the Aerosoft Updater?

What I am missing?

The SWS Phantom is working in V5 for me, my addon.xml is exactly like yours...but did you also edit the addons.cfg file to point to it?
I have

[Package.2]
PATH=I:\FS\FSX_P3DV4\SimWorks Studios\SWS_F-4B_Phantom_II
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.3]
PATH=I:\FS\FSX_P3DV4\SimWorks Studios\SWS_Midway_Battlegroup
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

in the addons.cfg file (which I think is in PDATA)

I have the older Phantom rather than the new PBR Phantom ... I suspect only the new PBR Phantom will be updated to officially support P3Dv5...
Cheers
Keith

Back