• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Most of the SOH creations from Milton's team work quite well with the odd glazing glitch:for example......

Zv5NUE.jpg

8b6AZ5.jpg

Excuse the mediocre screens, just a few quick grabs to illustrate the bugs!

Glazing vanishes at certain angles on the Marauder and the B26C Invader.

p7hPa8.jpg

Aside from the familiar glazing 'blue tint' the A20 Havoc and P70 Night hawk are good!

XFVGXO.jpg

e9bXav.jpg

Has anyone been able to get the Justflight/Aeroplane Heaven Mosquito to display in P3Dv5? It shows up fine in the loading screen/menu, but it is always non-existent in the sim - no exterior or interior model showing whatsoever.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get the Justflight/Aeroplane Heaven Mosquito to display in P3Dv5? It shows up fine in the loading screen/menu, but it is always non-existent in the sim - no exterior or interior model showing whatsoever.

I have it working on my set up.
As a general rule if you are porting over from P3d v4.5 check the following folders
simobjects
scripts
sound
effects
fonts
Good luck

Mike

Hi!

I had the same trouble.

I tryed,

Unistall from the P3D V4.

Install to the P3D V5. Not install to the out of P3D V5.

(Same the install carenado aircraft.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

goodyzero

Attachments

• 2020-5-10_22-49-57-968.jpg
    2020-5-10_22-49-57-968.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 2020-5-10_22-50-46-160.jpg
    2020-5-10_22-50-46-160.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 119
Well there's some hope then after all, thank you! So-far I had tried both porting the files over as well as installing straight into P3Dv5 using the latest installer, both with the same results, so I will try some more attempts.

Just create an FSX folder and install directly into that. Transfer the lot into P3Dv5 and it is all good.

JF Mosquito FB.Mk.VI

SZOHEi.jpg

AH Corsair Birdcage.

aQwb5o.jpg

AF F4U Corsair

UZ5mUN.jpg

Yes, I've done exactly that, a number of times now (tried again a couple times today), as I have also done successfully with other addon aircraft, but still the Mosquito doesn't appear in the sim for some reason - I can view the models in the aircraft selection menu, and select them, but in the sim nothing displays. I guess now I'll try different display settings to see if that has an effect.

Odd one John.
I'm just going through my backup drive(s) and seeing what happens.
Before I started I downloaded all the current JF installers and so far so good.
Interesting that certain older FSX/P3D releases work better than expected in v5, and that (at the present) is on my hack system, an i7 at stock, 32GB of RAM with one of my GTX2080 Ti ('on loan' from one of my almost finished builds) under W10.
The really important test for me will be the unlikely chance that the CS early Boeings work, one can always hope!
Here's another 'different' aircraft that surprised me, not very complex but straight in via the dummy FSX folder and 'Gentle Annie' flies the new skies.

VHfSRX.jpg

I tried FSX aircrafts on the V5.

Aircraft Factory F4U, He219, P-51H, good

Alpha sim F-86F, F-105D, T-6, T-34C, F-104, P2V-7, good

Classics Hangar Bf108, Fw190A, Fw190D, Ta152, gauge sound, Payload Manager not work

Flight Replicas CAC Boomerang, P-40N, Bf109K4, Me262A, Piper J3Cub, good

Iris A-10A, CT-4F, F-20C/D, Grob Heron/Tutor, Jabiru J170, P-40, PC-9, T-6ABC, MG.1, good

JustFlight BOB Bf109E, Harricane, Spitfire, good

Real Flight F6F, good

RealAir Spitfire, good

Wabirdsim P-51B/C, P-51D, P-51K, good

A2A WWII Fighter Bf109E, good

From ATSim news:

Good news! ATS Broussard package updated for Prepar3D v5. Update is free for all Broussard customers. If you use v5 and Broussard just redownload it from your purchase letter link.
An-2 on its way and will be published in couple days.
Have fun flying our aircraft!

Has anyone been able to get the Milviz F-4J/S (Non-ADV) to work? I installed it, but it causes CTD in about 30 seconds....NC

Anyone has to correct me please, but even P3Dv4.4 upwards need the ADV Version already to appear correctly.

Anyone has to correct me please, but even P3Dv4.4 upwards need the ADV Version already to appear correctly.

Manschy, I think you're correct, which is disappointing. I have the ADV model, but for me it looks great on the flight line but impossible to fly. Uncontrollable. NC

Manschy, I think you're correct, which is disappointing. I have the ADV model, but for me it looks great on the flight line but impossible to fly. Uncontrollable. NC

We can only hope that someone will convert the good old Cloud9 Phantom to native FSX. Best Phantom ever. I don't care about it not having PBR, it's just the VC and the external model being the best that were ever released.

I'll get off me soapbox now...

Priller

Back