• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Another golden oldie that drops right into v5.
Be nice to see the ancient Bear MiG(s) updated or a present day new version appear.

VcY1Jr.jpg

IIRC most of the older 32bit aircraft worked up to P3Dv3, which would make sense.
Once past that point not a lot handled the 64bit P3D4.
Same goes for the Area 51 series.

I tyied the CH warbirds soundgauge issue.

Copy the "FBGS_XMLSound_x64.dll" to gauge folder.

Re,edit Panel.cfg :

Rename to "FBGS_XMLSound_x64" from "ClassicsHangar_XMLSound".

But,I got the "FBGS_XMLSound_x64.dll" from the payware aircraft.

GAS Aircraft

All GAS models are compatible with V5. That said creating an installer for it using Install Creator Pro is causing an issue with erroring out whereas it does not for V4. If installing for V5 best to create a temp file extract the bits to that and manually add to V5 folders.

For those of you that have been able to get the Aerosoft F-14 installed to v5. Has anyone had an issue with departing a carrier, either Javier's Nimitz or the Kitty Hawk?

I can get hooked to the catapult and start the cat shot, but at the end of stroke the Tomcat immediately goes to the top of the water and continues moving forward. I am unable to rotate or pitch up to climb. To see if it was carrier related or aircraft, I tried Dino's T45 and was able to depart normally.

Anyone else seeing this or have an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Bill

The IRIS C-27 Spartan works in v5. Although I didn't actually get to fly it. After I loaded it up in the sim the engines stopped, and I forgot how to get them started again (I haven't flown this plane in a long time) LoL.

Working through reinstall of aircraft from FSXA into P3DV5.

These are all working for me so far :

JBK's Martin M130, Short S23, S30, Vickers Viscount 700 and 800.
AH Lancaster, MkV Spitfire, BAC 1-11, HS-748, VC-10 (Some minor issues), DC6A/B/Cargo, Mosquito, Comet 4
A2A - Constellation L049, Spitfire Mk1 (The old WoA version)
Real Air Spitfire MK 9.
Milton Schupe's - Lodestar, Dash 7
Flight Replicas - All of them so far (DC4, Boomerang, Piper Cub, P40, Heron, Liberator)
FSAddons - Anson, Bristol Freighter, Hudson
George Diemer's - Sikorsky S42, S43

Manfred Jahn's - C47, B50, B97, Constellation 1049G
Coolsky - DC9-30
Aerosoft DC-8-50
CLS DC-10 HD

Henrik Nielsens Global AI Ship Traffic V2 (After many dramas with the xml parsing at last got it to point to the scenery and is up and working beautifully).

My only comment so far - the dynamic lighting makes for very dark cockpits (sometimes or most times) but other time of day can be fine (depends on the cockpit window size it seems). The plain aluminium always has a grey-blue look but dynamic reflections work and any white colour always seems to be off white (but ok).

I guess I am really impressed the way P3DV5 transforms even old models such as the JBK Viscount VC - hard to believe this was the same aircraft from FSX especially the VC they go across really well with added depth and shading - amazing actually.

And yep it is goodbye FSX - sure few old favourites missing but time will tell. (Capt Sim you got to get the 707 and 727 into the modern era).

Now onto to the scenery addons!

The AF Anson works fine.
The CBFS Beaufighter and Mosquito B.IV.
M Schupe - Ventura
Virtavia Avro Lincoln

The old Aerosoft Twin Otters (pre Xtended version) 100 and 300 series all work ok.

JBK's Douglas C124A_X and C124C_X.

Only comment on the AH/JustFlight F27, BAC 111 and HS748 all updated for V5 but produce a weird green hue not grey to the cockpits - not sure why that is but they work ok!

Alas the JBK Hythe, Sandringham and Solent do not work as they do not have an internal model. Nor does Rick Pipers HS748 same reason.

Has anyone had any luck with the Milviz Beaver and Otter?
I have them installed and working to some extent.
Some engine instruments don’t work due to an issue with the XMLTools.dll
I have the correct .dll for P3Dv5 but still can’t manage to sort it out.

Unfortunately Milviz doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to update their products 🙁

No luck so far re the Milviz DHC2 and DHC3 I wait patiently. Probably have indigestion about which version of P3D to do (5.1 I hope is the one they go for).

Back