• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

The AH/JF DC-6 works satisfactorily in P3DV5. A straight port over from FSX. Few minor issues with switches here and there but no showstoppers. Good to have this Douglas back and running too.

otGlXEK.jpg

FWIW There are a whole lot of mods to gauges, air files, sounds etc available to upgrade the 727-200 and 100.

Sorry if I missed it, but where can one find these mods for the 727?
Thanks!

Sorry if I missed it, but where can one find these mods for the 727?
Thanks!
Um they are all over but there are:

tom72fix.zip by Ruth himself, then
722FDEGAUGES.zip
B722-2.zip
tom7271.zip (this does the 100 and 200)
All the above at Avsim or SimAviation from memory

Probably the best are these two :

727-100-200-adv-mega-pack-fsx-p3d.zip at Fly Away Simulation and finally Bjoern (he has shifted to X Plane these days but he has a website with his mods for the 727 as well at
FSX Addons by BK - TR Boeing 727 (google.com)

I suggested that the JF/AH DC-6 works in P3DV5. Well it does but not really- I also forgot due to using other DC6 models over the past few years that there were a whole bunch of bugs that were never fixed and remain, namely the prop control lever only controls engine 1 not all 4 as it should, the superchargers do not work so you cannot get above F120, the nav instrumentation on the main panel is all mixed up and the autopilot requires a pop up and it is very difficult to set the OBS on the VOR or to work out which instrument does what and there were issues with the flight dynamics in pitch and overall pitch stability. Always a shame that they spent so much effort on the way it looked (and variants etc) but never fixed all these issues and let PMDG eat their lunch later on with their DC-6. So it works but the Cal Classic DC-6 now redone for FSX and P3D works fine. I would class it as a day VFR low level flier only!

I do note on all these older models in P3D their is a problem with lights and light switch selection which is not confined to one bird which must relate to the way P3D does this stuff.

The Cal Classic DC-6 (and the 6B-16, 6B-17 )work and works very well in P3DV5, all systems, doors etc. All sub menus such as loads, checklists, configuration etc all function in P3D. Assembly and sorting out a few things does take a little time due to changes in the models, so matching up repaints is not that automatic but a bit of trial and error gets it going. PMDG can do whatever they like, the Cal Classic has all that and more maybe the cockpit VC seems a little dated but in P3D it gets the tick from me. Well done by Tom and the folk and Cal Classic who reworked all these fine aircraft they did a great job. Now I have the DC-6 back I am done with finding stuff that works for the sim. Time to actually have some fun again.

AxPZEGu.jpg

The Cal Classic DC-6 (and the 6B-16, 6B-17 )work and works very well in P3DV5, all systems, doors etc. All sub menus such as loads, checklists, configuration etc all function in P3D. Assembly and sorting out a few things does take a little time due to changes in the models, so matching up repaints is not that automatic but a bit of trial and error gets it going. PMDG can do whatever they like, the Cal Classic has all that and more maybe the cockpit VC seems a little dated but in P3D it gets the tick from me. Well done by Tom and the folk and Cal Classic who reworked all these fine aircraft they did a great job. Now I have the DC-6 back I am done with finding stuff that works for the sim. Time to actually have some fun again.

AxPZEGu.jpg

I am trying to figure out what files to download and install in order to use this aircraft in P3DV5.1, but my first attempts did not work. I am too tired to try again tomorrow. Maybe give me some advice, if you can? Thanks, NC

Grey Eagle - rather than clog up this thread I have posted a new one about the Cal Classic DC-6 with some screenshots.

The P3DV4 VC10 goes into V5 ok. Seems to be functional but throws up a lot of small errors in the V5 text file on completion. It flew all right then again been so long since I used it not sure if it is me or the model.

pTF5XFy.jpg

PMDG DC-6 into P3DV5

It seems the PMDG DC-6 does work in V5. After a lot of fiddling with registry keys etc managed to trick it into installing the V4 I bought of them into V5. (Absolutely no support from PMDG at all despite their saying it was V4+) Appears to all work so far including their automated livery installer, ops centre app etc. ( Head to head now with the Cal Classic DC-6 which is fine also but I just hated the thought of blowing $100 for nothing).

CoolSky DC-9 Classic (Plus MD80 and MD80 Super Package)

The Coolsky DC-9 30 Classic was upgraded to work in V5 and that it does. No issues with any functions (Menus, training menus etc - comprehensive) all functional and flies very nicely. Flight 1 offer this as a package bundle with the MD80 and Super 80 as well - good value if your a Douglas fan. Rediscovering the Douglas Diesel has been worthwhile and time to take a break from the pistons for awhile!.

qizMDPw.jpg

The TAA paint is not included it is my own hamfisted effort.

For those interested in steam gauge aeroplanes then this was the zenith I guess. No computer screens here.

oyQnVU1.jpg

No problems or issues in P3DV5 at all. Hard to believe this model package was first done in 2012.

Yes I had my doubts given the complexity of the original in FSX - very indepth systems and training modules with a lot of interactive emergency simulation etc basically a type endorsement in the box. Then the real thing was no fire and fly either but once you find your way around you can see why they were well liked by the crews who flew them. It was fascinating to see that none of the interactive stuff (if you want it) caused any issues in V5. The bundling in of the MD80 and Super 80 is a real bonus - 3 for the price of one - and they are equally as good. Not sure what happened with CoolSky (and McPhat Studios) but it appears there are some background issues business wise which brought them to a halt and Flight 1 say because of this no changes are allowed or something like that - not that it needs them. Oh and here is a link to repaints for those interested. Not sure about the others it seemed to me there were heaps of liveries at Avsim and the Super did not seem to need any there were about two dozen included. The 9 certainly has a devoted following!

Flight1 File Library System » Coolsky DC-9

My only observation is that I have managed to get basically all of the Douglas Aircraft working or they have been properly rebuild for 64 bit and ported for use into V5 (DC-3, DC-4, DC-6, DC-9, DC-10) but not an older decent Boeing (except the Ruth 727) to be had.

Here's a link to a USN C-9 repaint NC

http://www.mediafire.com/download/84m8rb597pt5ezu/F1_CoolSky_DC9_USN_607_02.zip

Navy Chief thanks - I was only pondering how I seem to missing a lot of military stuff for some reason. Would be nice if we could get the weapons options working in P3DV5 seeing it is all set up for it supposedly. Sling loads and choppers is not my thing!

Folland Gnat

Foland Gnat - this project was done for FSX and has at least reached completion. No issues in P3DV5.1. It's in the library now!

daG4NXN.jpg

AH/JF DHC-3 Otter

Tired of waiting for Milviz to get around to updating the Otter and Beaver for P3DV5, dragged out the AH/JF Otter. Works quite well, adjustments to the speeds in the aircraft config and air file to prevent the overspeed shaking at 120 kts plus seems to have done it otherwise it works just fine. Not many paints for this one though.

30I73Eu.jpg

BN2A Islander Flight 1

Seeing all the excitement at the MSFS2020 thread about the Blackbox BN2 reminded me to reinstall this one - The Flight1 BN2 - this is actually a better version than the Blackbox (which by the way also caused a CTD in P3DV5 for me with their demo model for P3D). This was a very well done model right down to the correct postive and heavy control feel and loud engine sound. All that was needed was some work to fix up the xml 64 bit gauge sound and off it went. Only the A model no one has been done the B model for some reason. Quite a few other enhancements about as well to panel colours, visor colours etc.

Q0OK69D.jpg

After thought - this was a FSXA model but looks and works well in P3D and only needed the sound gauge to be changed to the Dawson 64 bit and some slight changes to the panel config and it was good. I also swapped in an alternative KLN90 GPS. There is also an engine damage module about for this that recreates the wear-tear and other system quirks as well. May not be PBR textures but they looked fine to me as well!

Last edited:
RFN have been updating and adding a lot of aeroplanes for P3D. Made me feel like a kid in a lolly shop.

At last a great version of the French ASW the Alize. Of course being French nothing in les Anglais! but google is your friend here for translations. First class animations have not even begun to explore the electronics and ASW side of this one.

CVVuENg.jpg

eYxzYRL.jpg

Back