• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

The freeware Golden Age Simulations DH-60 works fine in P3DV5.1

tMzO3y5.jpg

No luck so far re the Milviz DHC2 and DHC3 I wait patiently. Probably have indigestion about which version of P3D to do (5.1 I hope is the one they go for).

I have the milviz beaver porter and sabre all working in P3Dv5.1 just go to the Milviz site and go into the support forum and download the XML file which is in the Beaver section

MusterPilot -thanks will see how it goes. Currently doing the rounds with lots of folks re passwords-accounts etc etc etc etc. Why everyone has to make this so hard is beyond me!

Update - Downloaded both the Beaver and Otter again and installed into P3DV5. They install fine textures are ok etc but lots of problems with switches not working, lights for example. Checked the Milviz Forum still no news of the updates for V5. Noted the xml route offered but might wait this one out, I have enough to do with scenery reinstallation etc etc, thanks anyway.

Last edited:
thunderstreak
I have them installed and working to some extent.
Some engine instruments don’t work due to an issue with the XMLTools.dll

You need to install the XMLTools64.dll (there should be a "XMLTools64Installer.exe" in your G:\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz)

Nota : replay with quote does work for me today :(

Yes, I did that (actually got a newer version of the XMLTools64 installer from Milviz support).
Still no luck, might try reinstalling the aircraft.

Thanks for the replies, I have the XML file from the Milviz forum, still no luck!

Can you have a look at your main P3Dv5.1 folder and see that you have Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll installed I took this from P3Dv4.5 when I had it installed and all was good if you pm me with your email I can send the file to you
also when you do install the aircraft make sure you delete TrueGlass and RealLight also the windscreen dll I think that is in the panel cfg

John

Need a Boeing 727 Fix

As Captain Sim will probably take a year (if ever) to redo the B727 and B707 for P3DV5 I went hunting for a substitute. Well Thomas Ruths FSX Native B727-100 and B727-200 (Via FlightSim.com and Liveries via AVSIM) work fine in P3DV5.1 There are few minor issues with clickable switches in the VC but the AP works (Even if the pop up is in German) a few minor issues but in all a satisfactory substitute for the time being. Not a great range of paints but beggars cant be choosers. Recommended.

KZUlkG0.jpg

n46JtK6.jpg

Boeing 727 Mods

FWIW There are a whole lot of mods to gauges, air files, sounds etc available to upgrade the 727-200 and 100. The Honeywell FMC is now integrated into the VC and works and the talented Bjoern who did a lot of mods also has come up with a simple weather gauge that works with FSWX which works with P3DV5.1.12 also (and can be incorporated into any other aircraft you choose to a very elegant simple solution to a workable weather radar based on the pressures and temps the sim is using - clever). Neat. Improved panel graphics also go with this and a few other things.

ltipmGE.jpg

Now to try and tackle the repainting issue in P3DV5 to see if some paints can be done to go with this!

Thunderstreak - No, PMDG have said upgrade is on the way thats all. I am really wary now of slap-dash installs of a lot of stuff that appear to be ok (Scenery did for me) but are incompatible with the inherent program design and functioning of P3DV5. FWIW older simpler stuff goes ok but the more complex stuff like the PMDG DC-6 develop all sorts of conflicts particularly with Win10 as well. I had to do a complete reinstall of P3D yesterday as a result of scenery corrupting the SIM Director functionality. I will be very circumspect now about approaching addons of any sort the way they used to function in FSX - it is a different sim now!

I am also wary of screwing up my sim install.
I will have to wait for the official updates on a few of my aircraft from 4.5.
Though patience isn’t one of my strong suits!
Some developers are slow to update their products while others are definitely on the ball!

I will definitely keep that in mind with future purchases!

Thunderstreak - tried a port over and xml addon approach to the PMDG DC-6 - model shows sound works but the gauges and controls are all non functional. A real mess actually. This one will be a waiting game. There is always the Cal Classic DC-6 which I believe the have converted into an FSX Native and appears to work but I have not tried. I will keep busy with other stuff in the meantime - like getting to understand and enjoy P3DV5.

No rush really!
I am still getting acquainted with v5.
The updates/hot fixes seem to be coming regularly from LM, which takes up some time.
I have most of the my scenery from 4.5 updated and installed, still a few to go.
I have most of the aircraft installed that I want to carry forward.
Haven’t had a chance to fly most of them yet!
Unfortunately my time is limited, though I’m happy to still be working with all that is going on in the world!

KBT Orion

Not sure if this has been noted but there is an updated package for the P3C on FlyAwaySimulation updated for FSX DX10 and P3D (to a point). Some good work done with the VC and switches, the odd quirky KBT glitch but no show stoppers - Great to have this one back.

voeP3sV.jpg

CoolSky have upgraded the DC-9-30 for P3D. They slipped it out quietly as a package deal including the MD-80 and the Super MD-80. You have to take the lot not just one or the other. It is for V4.5 but worked fine as far as installation is concerned into V5. The only quirk is you have to cycle the views to get all the various subsystems functional due to the extensive 'Study Level' Interface. Manuals can be downloaded free. The bonus for this was as I already had the FSX Version of the DC-9 you get a credit of about 50% on the package so the whole thing cost me $25.00. I was happy to get back the DC-9 for which I had done a number of repaints and the MD-80 and Super 80 was a bonus from my perspective.

Via Flight1 which of course means - nothing intuitive and be prepared to go around in circles on some things. Big drawback for a lot of folk will be the repaints as Flight1 used a package installer (They are not the only ones who have used that frankly quite daft system), that you can get it still but it will not install paint packages into P3D but if you copy it into an FSX installation then use the installer there you can copy back the texture folders once unpacked into the model directories in P3DV5. I could not find a non package repaint anywhere so you will need to do that alas!

Back