• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FSX Cera Bell412

Errrr, im still trying to start this beast following the video but it wont start:violent:. Guess im going to have to treat it like a hind helo, Hit the center control panel with my virtual fist and see if it starts:rocket:.

OR YOU COULD CHEAT, go into slew mode by pressing Y move the aircraft with the joystick then press Y again followed by a double press of Q.

Should then be started. From here you could get it on the ground and save the flight while it's still running. When you next start the sim it will auto shutdown,and should be in the correct condition to start as per the video.

Well like the Army pack mule, i kicked it and it flys:applause:.
fsx2009-08-0118-25-51-79.jpg

Errrr, im still trying to start this beast following the video but it wont start.

Start at the center console & flip every switch in the fuel control section so it is toggled towards the panel.
Glance up to the overhead panel & the 2 switches that are bottom right click on so they toggle towards the panel.
Look at the collective & using your mouse rotate both twist grips about 10deg.
Push the start switch (also on the collective) towards the left & you will see the EGT rise. After it peaks move the start switch to the right until engine 2 is running.
Next go back to the overhead panel I switch on both generators & both inverters & then turn off the batteries.
Lastly twist both throttles to full.

The quickest way I've found is to switch everything oun the overherad console 'on', everything on the center console 'on' and then on the collective start eng1 then eng2, then increase engine rpm up to the green on the individual rpm gauges until the RPM light goes out.

that quite near my startup

my way is:
engine to idle
fuel related switches on
battery 1+2 to on
generator 1+2 to on
inverter 1+2 to on
lights switches on
radios on
start engine 1 wait until it is up
start engine 2 same procedere
engine 1 switch it to full rpm same for eng 2

take off :)

BR
Tom

that quite near my startup

my way is:
engine to idle
fuel related switches on
battery 1+2 to on
generator 1+2 to on
inverter 1+2 to on
lights switches on
radios on
start engine 1 wait until it is up
start engine 2 same procedere
engine 1 switch it to full rpm same for eng 2

take off :)

BR
Tom

Yep - thats pretty much how i do it within 40 seconds - also bleep back the rpm before lifting to get the last warning light off!!

Lifeg10shot.jpg

Well, I can start every time now - but still getting odd crashes, which may be FSX and not the Bell. I will wait for Win7 and rebuild the whole system in 32 bit as opposed to 64 bit Vista. I really have been having too many issues since I went that way.

My startup sequence?

Shortened by the book.

Four switches on the OHP to on (batt and inv)

Cycle the throttles

No. 1 fuel sys - three switches to on

Start No. 1 engine and switch off starter above 55%. Increase throttle to 10%

No. 2 fuel sys - three switches to on

Start No. 2 engine and switch off starter above 55%. Increase throttle to 10%

On OHP - switch on Gen and then lights as needed.

Check instruments and lights and throttle up to max.

Use the throttle trim to reduce RPM until the rotor RPM warning light goes out.

Set any other systems as needed

Fly

It really does fly nicely when I can get it there... Drivers are all correct, so there is something in the FSX setup that doesn't like my flying anymore...

this is something I try to make
1_02_08_09_2_55_00.jpeg

try to make italian colour tail rotor
my try is far from perfect !
maybe something for bob ;)

BR
Tom

And this is how they look coming straight out of the factory, for their flight testing, before being sent off for any additional equipment installation and their paint scheme. :)

Mike

2009-8-2_10-42-36-85copy.jpg

Uploaded to FlightSim.com and HoverControl.com. Awaiting SOH special thingamajig accout info to arrive.

69907975.jpg

68892944.jpg

73398965.jpg

Yep - thats pretty much how i do it within 40 seconds - also bleep back the rpm before lifting to get the last warning light off!!

Lifeg10shot.jpg

That's a nice paint of Lifeguard 10. I saw that aircraft fly over many times when I lived in Roanoke, VA.

Darrell

Here's the shockwave light for the spot light if anyone is interested

light.14 = 6, 5.2, -0.50, -2.90, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22

Bill

Here's the shockwave light for the spot light if anyone is interested

light.14 = 6, 5.2, -0.50, -2.90, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22

Bill

Bill your wonderfull - i was going to do that so thanks so much :ernae:

Back