• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16

Well ... I thought, I had, but will of course double check! Would be a shame to miss this.

BTW, is there a similar cartridge starter effect for his Gannet?

Seawing

That I don't know!

Meanwhile: textured the crane and recreated the front end of the catapult.

Cees

That I don't know!

Well, never mind.

I checked my files and all seems to be in the right directories - however, still no startup effet (except one that looks like exhaust flames). Certainly no starter cartridge effect. Can you tell me which file it would be, so I can check if I have it!?

Seawing

Hi Cees,

Some feedback on the "alpha" version :)
- Would lower the antenna's at the back of the boat by default. In flightops they are always down:

4148.JPG

- If possible to put the deck texture in one seperate texture to get more detail in it. For example to split it up in two rows. Don't know how easy or difficult that is in FSDS.

Marcel

Well, never mind.

I checked my files and all seems to be in the right directories - however, still no startup effet (except one that looks like exhaust flames). Certainly no starter cartridge effect. Can you tell me which file it would be, so I can check if I have it!?

Seawing

The contents of the fx.effects folder (five files), included in the Sea Hawk zip file, should be placed in the main FSX acceleration "effects" folder.

smoke_zpsbbyrxlge.jpg
[/URL]

Hi Cees,

Some feedback on the "alpha" version :)
- Would lower the antenna's at the back of the boat by default. In flightops they are always down:

4148.JPG

- If possible to put the deck texture in one seperate texture to get more detail in it. For example to split it up in two rows. Don't know how easy or difficult that is in FSDS.

Marcel

Great idea for the texture Marcel! I knew about the antennas from the beginning but never bothered to lower them.

Cees

Ok, I still don't get the start-up effect (it only once woked on my laptop installation, but no more after that...), but I can live with that.

It does, however, seem on the Mk.100 version at least that the UHF aerial go tight to the folding wings which appears quite strange:

Any way to fix that?

Another question, at least the Dutch and German Sea Hawks for some time carried the AIM-9B Sidwinder. Any chance to include an AIM-9 in the TacPack.ini?

Best regards,

Seawing

Great work Cees, I can see you changed the front of ship to look more curved, which really looks great!

Good luck with the remaining work!

Randy

Great work Cees :encouragement: But most of all I'm really glad to see you like to on a model again!

Cheers,
Huub

Back