• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer Released

PS, my two cents on where is the best place to promote your skins is that threads like this, on the specific release, are the right place. It's where I expect to see them, anyway. But that's just my POV from the cheap seats.

You might have just sold me the package, or at least the Sabre standalone. I'm unsure about the F-5 knowing that it's an E model, so an actual capable airplane, whereas I think it would be more "fun" coming to grips with the limitations of a CF-5A.

Ok, first two are ready:

21013.jpg

21013 of Central Flying School, Trenton, Ontario:

HERE

And...

21168.jpg

21168 of No. 428 Squadron, Uplands, Ontario

HERE

More to come!

A few notes:

I don't use 3D painting software like Blender, or Substance Painter. This paint kit is better suited for use with those programs. It took me about a week to build up basic templates which will become more detailed as I get further into skinning the model. There is heavy use of the decal files and there are limitations to working with those as well as with the base textures. At the moment, unless iniBuilds can re-jig the paint kit so mirrored surfaces are no longer an issue, disruptive camo schemes will, unfortunately, not be in my plans for this model (The all-over OD green scheme will probably work).

While there are many pictures of T-Birds online, good quality photos of the very earliest RCAF T-33 paint schemes and markings are somewhat scarce. I've used some artistic license for the early style RESCUE stencils (like on 21013 above) as I haven't found any clear photos (yet).

Due to the length of service of the T-33 in Canada's military forces (50+ years), the aircraft saw pretty much every change in finish and markings from post-WW2 to the present. My goal is to showcase examples of the airplane in the various paint schemes it wore over the years, while flown by thousands of military (and some civilian) pilots, both at home in Canada, and in overseas service.

Wow those are lovely screenshots!!! Those Canadian liveries are tugging on my heart strings...I may have to cave on this one...is it worth the $35 plus tax + other fees CAD though? Johnathan Beckett gave it a thumbs up, so did Murphy...they are beautiful liveries. Really nice work jocko417.

PS: Thanks to August K5083 for those wonderful fonts!

These TF-51s ( former USAF P-51Ds) were phased out and Advanced Training Schools were stocked with Sabres and the CT-133 Silver Stars.

P-51D 442 Sqn RCAF by Doug Smith, on Flickr

Edit: I've caved...The Ace Maker Aviation Youtube video sold me. Looking forward to flying your liveries Jocko417! Lol

Last edited:
Kudos to the handful of Canadian themed skinners out there - especially you two guys, but also fs.to uploaders scorpionbc, ZsoltB, Challenger2020, dmarques, Tac01, Willowfsx, and the less specialized folks who occasionally dip into Canadian subjects. It is nice to have so many well researched Canadian skins to fly around the Great White North.

I downloaded the T-bird skins last night but didn't get a chance to try them on. I foolishly thought I would update DCS first. Four hours and 180 gigabytes later, it was time for bed already. May try them tonight.

We also owe such a huge debt to Larry Milberry for digging up so many amazing photos that show the exceptions and one-offs.

Yes, Larry’s books are a must for anyone interested in RCAF/CAF liveries. His Canadair Sabre book is my bible for skinning the Sword.

These TF-51s ( former USAF P-51Ds) were phased out and Advanced Training Schools were stocked with Sabres and the CT-133 Silver Stars.
P-51D 442 Sqn RCAF by Doug Smith, on Flickr

Edit: I've caved...The Ace Maker Aviation Youtube video sold me. Looking forward to flying your liveries Jocko417! Lol

Haha, it’s a fun aircraft to fly! BTW nice shot of the 442 Mustang!

I have concluded that this T-33A is the finest FS model for the year and one of the best ever.

It certainly is a very nice model. It's odd that the T-33 has never been a default aircraft in any Microsoft flight sims over the years ( to my knowledge, anyway ). And yes, the repaints really are doing her justice. Definitely money well spent.

Here's a sketch for the Bolivian Air Force T-33AN version.

I'm not convinced by the colors...

does any kind soul have the FS codes?

T-33 00000 bolivia 2.png

Love these paints so much - thanks Jocko et al.

Two schemes close to my heart.

From my youth ... remember seeing these at airshows as a young boy:

And from my time in uniform - enjoyed seeing these tired-looking, working-class birds at Comox when I was posted there:

View attachment 156493

Do you have more information, views... markings... stencils for this version?
The dirty grey :)

Do you have more information, views... markings... stencils for this version?
The dirty grey :)
Hello Merida,

Thanks for inquiring.

I'm travelling in Europe at the moment, but here is a few things I have:

The tail logo on 483 is from 414 Sqn, and the knight's helmet is essentially this: https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/No._414_Squadron_RCAF?file=414crest.jpg

Regarding the bilingual markings on the nose intake, here's a few other specimens from that period. Some had the markings rendered black instead of white. The white is a bit more subdued and smarter looking, I think. But I included a few of the ones with the black markings since it's easier to see what they were.

I hope that helps you (and/or Jocko). Huge thanks in advance!

dl

0000050344.jpg2497336.jpgCanadair_CT-133_Silver_Star_3_(CL-30),_Canada_-_Air_Force_AN1337877.jpg66a6dad3c6a74e69bedbe7fb_60fbd69eb7a45710210b399e_Canadair_CT-133_Silver_Star_3_-CL-30--_Cana...jpeg66a6dad3c6a74e69bedbe8ee_6366dfcf4515f86cba7c2979_CT-133202.jpegCanadair_CT-133_Silver_Star_3_(CL-30),_Canada_-_Air_Force_AN1928113.jpg

Have you been able to download the paintkit from inibuilds forum/downloads link? Just sends me on a continuous loop of "log in to download". Is it even available?

Tweaked some stuff: toned down the rivet decals, especially on the anti-glare surfaces, added more weathering, adjusted metal colour and reflectivity, going to redo some of the stencils. Should be ready later today. Already released skins will be updated to take advantage of tweaks.

FlightSimulator 2024-10-10 10-06-33-37.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely love these, Jocko417! Any plans to do one of the day-glo orange schemes down the road?

(I just realized you also did the RCAF schemes I use when I fly the SSW F-104s! Great stuff!)

Back