• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer Released

Gorgeous, Tim...and the shine even looks toned down. EXCELLENT! Off to download it.

Thanks a lot Kent! Yes, this is not an airshow bird. So I tried to adjust the shine as it would appear on a T-33 in active military service :)

Beautiful Tim! I actually commented on the download page for this. Is there any possibility you could do one for the 123rd FIS, Oregon ANG at Portland, OR...

Thank you very much! I haven't decided yet if I'll do more FIS liveries. But I have added it to my list.

Yeah, she's a pain to work with but it's coming along. Adjusted wing root red markings, flap boundary stripes and walkway areas on wings to match period RCAF photos. Doing the stenciling now and she'll be ready to fly. NOTE: Stencils as they are now are WIP, the big RESCUE and EJECTION SEAT stuff came along later, this paint scheme is from the early 1950s but I'm still sizing markings for later use.

Many more to come (but unfortunately no camo schemes unless they stop using mirrored textures).

FlightSimulator 2024-09-27 14-59-32-66.jpgFlightSimulator 2024-09-27 15-03-38-48.jpg

First two nearing completion, just some minor edits to do.

Canadair T-33 Mk.3, serial 21401, of No.3 Advanced Flying School, RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba, circa mid to late 1950s

and

Canadair T-33 Mk.3, serial 21013, of the Central Flying School, RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario, circa mid 1950s

Attachments

• FlightSimulator 2024-09-29 16-41-04-33.jpg
    FlightSimulator 2024-09-29 16-41-04-33.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • FlightSimulator 2024-09-29 16-48-43-38.jpg
    FlightSimulator 2024-09-29 16-48-43-38.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • FlightSimulator 2024-09-29 19-46-29-02.jpg
    FlightSimulator 2024-09-29 19-46-29-02.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • FlightSimulator 2024-09-29 19-21-36-57.jpg
    FlightSimulator 2024-09-29 19-21-36-57.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
Love these paints so much - thanks Jocko et al.

Two schemes close to my heart.

From my youth ... remember seeing these at airshows as a young boy:

Canadair_CT-133_Silver_Star_3_(CL-30),_Canada_-_Air_Force_AN1141980.jpg

And from my time in uniform - enjoyed seeing these tired-looking, working-class birds at Comox when I was posted there:

66a6dad3c6a74e69bedbe75e_63650e4c305289f76c667453_CT-133.jpeg

‘546 would be easy enough, the lo-vis one is totally doable, but will end up looking much less weathered until we get a paint kit that includes all the streaks and stains. At the moment we can only paint over top of all those details, unless we make our own weathering layers - and I’m no artist!

And from my time in uniform - enjoyed seeing these tired-looking, working-class birds at Comox when I was posted there:

View attachment 156493
I wouldn't have been surprised (not anymore...) if this would've been a screenshot but the pilots gave it away.....

So what about it gentlemen painters ? About time to throw in some weathering ??...... We've been flying it for exactly a month now and weather in MSFS can be rough as we all know, particularly in Canada. So this is just the perfect livery to pour on some of that wear and tear wouldn't you say ?

Thanks very much in advance !

( thanks for the photo, DL ! :encouragement: )

Last edited:
‘546 would be easy enough, the lo-vis one is totally doable, but will end up looking much less weathered until we get a paint kit that includes all the streaks and stains. At the moment we can only paint over top of all those details, unless we make our own weathering layers - and I’m no artist!
You can never be sure if you do not try, Jocko.. Here's your chance. Just add another layer and start smearing, DL's photo as a guide. When finished transparency will do wonders, you'll see.. :cool:

Thanks rvn817j. Yes, it's a weird affliction. An ex-army guy who loves aviation, including naval aviation.

It's nice to see some new models from the Cold War period. I would love to see a Viking too - I thoroughly enjoyed Dino's. If it ever had an ES-3A Shadow, I'd lose my mind. :p Well, not really. But close. A moving USN,RN FAA, or RCN carrier from the 60s or 70s - that would cause me to lose my mind! ;)

Anyways, thanks Inibuilds and the associated repainters - you've really brought your game with this one and the liveries.

dl

Looking forward to using these RCAF skins when they are ready. Looks like you might be using my lettering fonts - anyway, they look quite accurate. I recall seeing the last few t-birds on the airshow circuit in Ontario in the mid 80s. They had a diamond-4 team that they called the "Geritol jets" one year in reference to the age of the aircraft. I think that only lasted a few performances as it did not reflect well on the service! Although the Snowbirds, I think, are flying much older planes now than they were then.

August

Hello August, yes your ATH fonts have been a Godsend to skinners for years! Above are the earlier RCAF versions, I have made my own versions of the later style numbers because I have the original drawings. Period photos show a lot of mixing and matching of lettering styles historically.

Cheers!

21168 (above) is ready to go , albeit waiting for approval on Flightsim.to

BTW, what's the form here for repaint download 'advertising'? Is there a dedicated forum for posting download links for repaints? The skinning forum seems to be more about techniques and tips, I'd rather not spam aircraft subject forums with DL links...

Screenshot (157).jpg

I noticed that you used the more square font on the nose, as well as the ###-RCAF presentation on the starboard side which, while less common than the RCAF-### order, sometimes occurred. Good research! Yes, better resources on the font style have become available in the more than 20 years since I did those fonts, but the source files and the little app I used to make them - I think it was called Softy - are long gone. You're using them just the way I intended, as a starting point and convenience that you can adapt for greater accuracy. For those not inclined to do so much research, my notion was just to get them to stop using Arial and Helvetica!

August

Haha, period photos sometimes create more questions than answers when researching "standardized" paint schemes, '168 certainly was more exception than rule when photos were taken of this scheme around 1960 (Hmm, 1960... note to self: version 1.1 will be to correct the leaves colour on the Ensign from green to red - Whoops). Of course, finish and markings changed quite a few times during the fifty-odd years the T-Bird served. There were always periods that saw overlaps in changes to nationality markings/numeral style. I'm also researching the compressed RCAF numbers which were sometimes used on early T-Bird paint schemes.

Patrick Martin's books are a great resource, both his markings books and his Canadian Silver Stars book. Lots of subject matter :)

I think I wrote you an email 20 years ago about using your RAF/RCAF fonts for some skinning I did in both the original IL-2 and MS2002. Good to see you posting here, I haven't been on these forums for a while as I'm usually doing repaints for DCS airplanes.

Yes, Patrick is amazing, he used my fonts also (just for illustration, not as a research resource) and we corresponded a little. I never imagined that we would have that much primary source information to help with the skinning. We also owe such a huge debt to Larry Milberry for digging up so many amazing photos that show the exceptions and one-offs.

Coincidentally I am revisiting IL2-1946 lately (the big BAT mod) and I'm sure I am flying some of your skins. Have not really gotten into DCS, but the new cheap Flaming Cliffs planes have me rethinking.

Back