• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer Released

Any reason for red dot on the belly? So far at least 3 T-33A and 1 RF-33 lof the RNLAF had the identical penguin applied at the same spot.

Any idea on the "109"?

Regarding repaint requests, i'd like to suggest taking our venerable T-33 to sea. She was taken there for real as well which eventually resulted in the Lockheed TV-2 (T-33B) and T2V-1 Seastar. Alas to no avail mostly because the Navy and Marines had their periscoops set on the North American T-2 Buckeye which was especially designed for carrier ops something that couldn't be said about the T-33 of course. But Lockheed gave it a try with their T2V- 'Sea Star' , a highly modified version of the T-33. Personally i have always had a soft spot for the T2V Sea Star because of this wonderful poster that i got for my 10th birthday to hang on my bedroom wall :

It is probabely highly unlikely we'll ever see a Lockheed T2V-1/T-1 Seastar in our beloved virtual flying world (i was about 40% on my way to create a T2V Seastar for FSX/P3D but then MSFS got in the way..) but with the excellent IniBuilds T-33 at hand we could do some carrier ops training with the Lockheed TV-2 anyway. If you ask me both Navy and Marines versions of the seagoing T-33B make for some striking liveries ( if you like red and white ;-) :

@ the T-33 repaint gang : any takers ? Please, pretty please ?...

Many thanks on forehand ! :encouragement:
Very early start...
1726340789097.png

Working on a camo scheme Luftwaffe T-bird. Fighting with camo and decals...

94+55_5.jpg

94+55.jpg
94+55_4.jpg
The real 94+55 is on display at the Militaergeschichtliche Sammlung of Taktisches Luftwaffengeschwaders 74 in Neuburg/Germany. In good conditions, but not flyable.

Thomas

Looking good Thomas! Are you using the decals sheets also for the cammo pattern or only the "base" texture?

Working on a camo scheme Luftwaffe T-bird. Fighting with camo and decals...
childern.jpg
These two childern there in the cockpit looking more and more ridiculous.... You wonder doesn't the Inibuild crew see that themselves ?.. To these two childern i'd like to say : "GROW UP !!"

Thanks Thomas.

Looking good Thomas! Are you using the decals sheets also for the cammo pattern or only the "base" texture?
At the moment I used only base textures for camo scheme. The left fuse and tail are ok. The problem wih the decals sheets are, we get lost all the stencils and rivets, which are on the base. To cover them on decals are a huge work. But I will look on it.

94+55_6.jpg

Thomas

I really struggle to understand how it was modeled, are there decal layers and then the basic livery?
There a 3 layers... ;-)

1. The base textures, they are warped and some are mirrored (mainly the wings)
1726505736950.png
2. Model depended decals, there location, size and orientation varies per model/livery

3. Since v1.0.1 there are general "big" decal textures which cover large parts of the fuselage, wings and tail.

1726505792170.png

They forgot the decals for stabilizers/elevators on tail. There is no way to cover them like real at the moment. The Luftwaffe camo scheme needs it. The right one should be lizard green, the left should be grey.

Anyway, now I used decals_tail to cover right side of tail for different camo scheme. It works, but it is a little hard to create. It is wip.

94+55.jpg
94+55_2.jpg

Thomas

Last edited:
HOLY NAVAL TRAINER CANDIDATE, BATMAN !!!
WOW!! That's absolutely brilliant, Marcel ! Thank you so much, my friend ! Made my day, week, month, rest of the year !! :redfire::ernaehrung004:
I think it can go very well with your choice of wing decals, love it ! Alas no photo of 183 from the top or bottom but here are two of the real 183 on the apron (you might already have them of course...) :

Often i see the tips of the tiptanks either bare-metal or the same color of the nose front ( i think you got the color right on !). Check also the photo's above. Here's a rather nasty Hawk model of the TV-2 but it might have been manufactured when the TV-2 was still on duty so the wing decal config might be conform the real thing. Think it's best to forget about the rest..;-) :
Hawk TV-2.JPG

Here's a photo of what i believe to be the prototype, not really the same color scheme but a good view on the tiptanks tip :

lockheed-tv-2-sea-star-later-called-the-t-1-sea-star-was-a-turbojet-D5XAMA.jpg

Thanks a million again, Marcel ! What a fine job you're making of my (almost) favourite T-33/TV-2 dreammachine !! ( the T2V Seastar would be my all time favourite ancestral T-33 but to see that realised for MSFSX will most probabely remain a dream.. ;-)

THANK YOU, MARCEL !! 😍

Back