• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer Released

New decal structure looks promising, still no full asymmetrical cammo pattern can be made. Still much more then before so have to be a bit creative. Adjusting my M-16 repaint with the new decals, could take some time to set everything up, need to redone some stuff.

New flightmodel flies very nice to my mind, good approach stall speeds and feel in control at the lower speeds 100-140 kts.
Could also be my new joystick which came in today, the "URSA MINOR Fighter Joystick".
I like the flight model very much, I do miss the engine behavior of the mod.

I see a lot of comments about the "Mirror" problem, which I'm amazed is still a "thing" at this juncture. Has iniBuild been made aware of it?

For those who haven't found this yet......

Fooling around with the display menu options a couple of flights back I found this very convenient autopilot page. Beats having to look around the stick. Hit the bezel Menu button twice and it will bring up a page with the "Flight Controls" options. Selecting that brings up the autopilot configuration screen.

Forest

I see a lot of comments about the "Mirror" problem, which I'm amazed is still a "thing" at this juncture. Has iniBuild been made aware of it?

With the latest update they added decals all around the airplane. That's not optimal but a lot better than before. Now it is at least possible to add logos and text without mirroring. As you can see on my newest livery :)

N133KK.jpg

N133KK-2.jpg

N133KK-3.jpg

Download: flightsim.to

Tim - beautiful work, just downloaded it to join your other T-33 repaints.

Would it be possible to upload just a simple bare metal one, devoid of all markings and paint ? Your bare metal is vastly superior to the Inibuilds offering, and would be very welcome for other repainters.

Tim....thrilled to see that you did Ken Pachowski's "Pearl 1". Unfortunately, Ken passed away back in 2019. Here is a WONDERFUL walk around in happier times at Oshkosh:

I was thinking today, with all of the criticism that Inibuilds has gotten with regard to the spool-up time of the engine on takeoff (how quick it is, with Inibuilds' flight model), I don't recall ever seeing which engine Inibuilds actually have intended to model in this product? I looked through the manual, but it doesn't say. Where as the T-33 was originally powered by the Allison J33 engine, I don't know if any of the T-33 type aircraft flying today actually have that engine type. The vast majority (maybe all?) of the T-33 type aircraft flying today are actually Canadian-built CT-133's, powered by the Rolls-Royce Nene 10 engine (like Greg Colyer's aircraft, which Inibuilds claims to have used for research). I've noticed numerous videos on Youtube of T-33's/CT-133's flying today (all Nene-powered) in which they go from idle to takeoff power in just a few seconds - usually without even doing a full stop on the runway. I think the start procedure as outlined in the manual/checklist also matches that of those fitted with the Nene engine.

We had a T-33A on our field, a totally original Lockheed bird. The owner told me that the spool up from idle to full power took 15 seconds. The normal procedure was to slowly advance the throttle and let the rpm spool up to 70% stable then advance to 100%, holding the brakes until then. The owner told me you really had to be careful on any go-around and touch and go planning with the spool up time. You could attempt to spool it up a bit faster but you're risking fuel surging and engine critical damage, the pumps can and will give the engine more fuel than it can consume at lower rpm. Both the Nene and J33 engines are nearly identical as well as the MiG-15's VK1 (a copy of the Nene). The issue with those centrifugal flow engines as that they were terribly inefficient. 75% of the engine's power was used just to drive the compressor stages which yielded only 25% to actual thrust. If you want to calculate the range by fuel burn, the T-33's engine makes about 1 gallon per flight/nautical mile. It was just the tech of the time.

Has anyone else noticed that the ejection seat handle on the right hand side is still pinned? I know it's been since the late 60's that I was an Egress tech on the T-33 but I'm pretty sure all pins were pulled at least prior to taxi and normally they were actually pulled by the Crew Chief before the pilot entered the cockpit.

Has anyone else noticed that the ejection seat handle on the right hand side is still pinned? I know it's been since the late 60's that I was an Egress tech on the T-33 but I'm pretty sure all pins were pulled at least prior to taxi and normally they were actually pulled by the Crew Chief before the pilot entered the cockpit.
Ed, my cousin who you knew from Texas (Colonel Walter Robert Hardee) had a good bit of time in the T-33A. Heard a number of interesting stories from him about the Jet. Speaking of the privately owned T-33A we used to have here at ILM, the seats on that bird were deactivated and the parachutes on the seats were old as well. I remember the crew chief getting the paying backseat passengers ready to take a ride in that jet and briefing them on manual bailout and deploying the chute. My first thought was that of their chances of safely bailing out but also the age & condition of the chutes. I bet they had not been inspected and repacked in 40 years by that time. I was thinking that of they did have an emergency requiring a bailout and managing to survive that part, the chutes opening (if at all) and turning into confetti? After helping with the Annual on that Jet and seeing the condition of the rotten hoses and lines we replaces and how hard it was the get the engine to start, I took the chicken route and backed out of taking a ride in back. Anyhow, it was still fun to support that bird while we had it there. That owner sold the T-33A after acquiring a nice A-26C Invader.

Tim - beautiful work, just downloaded it to join your other T-33 repaints.

Would it be possible to upload just a simple bare metal one, devoid of all markings and paint ? Your bare metal is vastly superior to the Inibuilds offering, and would be very welcome for other repainters.

Thank you very much! I'm always happy to share my work with others. Many people have asked for a bare metal livery. So I've just uploaded one.
Everything, except the anti-glare, is on decals so it should be very easy to disable them if needed.

NX84TB-2.jpg

NX84TB.jpg

NX84TB-3.jpg

Download: flightsim.to

Tim....thrilled to see that you did Ken Pachowski's "Pearl 1". Unfortunately, Ken passed away back in 2019. Here is a WONDERFUL walk around in happier times at Oshkosh:

Thanks a lot for the link, Kent! That was very interesting to watch. Sad that he already passed away way too early.

Here's a beautiful Japanese T-33 that I would love to see a repaint of. The tip tanks (as fitted to other Japanese T-33s) would be painted the same orange as the wingtips.

457692753_10226236081197048_5281088047110443526_n.jpg457316287_10226236081237049_4894624609575284715_n.jpg457693905_10226236081357052_6267729894682265166_n.jpg

Back