• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer Released

Found a new minor issue on this last flight using the modern cockpit. There is a typo on the fuel level page on the glass display. The "Wing" and "LE" should be reversed. The gallons readout numbers on that display are correct and match both the fuel switch positions and MSFS drop down GUI as to which fuel is being used. But the labeling on the digital display for those two tanks is backwards.

Forest

Found a new minor issue on this last flight using the modern cockpit. There is a typo on the fuel level page on the glass display. The "Wing" and "LE" should be reversed. The gallons readout numbers on that display are correct and match both the fuel switch positions and MSFS drop down GUI as to which fuel is being used. But the labeling on the digital display for those two tanks is backwards.

Forest

Forest and the rest of the gang, Ini now has a dedicated section for the T-33 on their forum where you can directly report bugs and also make suggestions.

Highly suggest bringing up any issues you encounter there.

And really would love to see all of you talented painters give their livery crew some suggestions. :) I think the cluster of the mirrored setup on the T-33 is due to Ini being too close to MS and doing things the "SDK suggested way," which probably saves memory, but ends up with stuff like it having taken the community a year to figure out how to work around mirroring on the Asobo tubeliner paints...

And really would love to see all of you talented painters give their livery crew some suggestions. :) I think the cluster of the mirrored setup on the T-33 is due to Ini being too close to MS and doing things the "SDK suggested way," which probably saves memory, but ends up with stuff like it having taken the community a year to figure out how to work around mirroring on the Asobo tubeliner paints...

Absolutely agree with this. (y)

Had a slight glitch while departing Luke AFB for Nellis. I was slightly more that 34nm out of Luke and my engine quit. No smoke, no fire just nothing. I attempted an air start but that was unsuccessful (had plenty of fuel and around 7,000ft) I worked with it for as long as I could and without hydraulic pressure I made a belly landing alongside one of the myriad of canals in that area.

I suspect pilot error due to my having tried several joystick buttons to get the gears up after takeoff despite having mapped it to the one I tried repeatedly (it did eventually go up). My guess is that I hit one that was mapped to the engine. . .otherwise I have no other reason for the shutdown. I was only doing a bit over 200kts at the time. . .certainly not a speed that should overtax the engine.

Had a slight glitch while departing Luke AFB for Nellis. I was slightly more that 34nm out of Luke and my engine quit. No smoke, no fire just nothing. I attempted an air start but that was unsuccessful (had plenty of fuel and around 7,000ft) I worked with it for as long as I could and without hydraulic pressure I made a belly landing alongside one of the myriad of canals in that area.

I suspect pilot error due to my having tried several joystick buttons to get the gears up after takeoff despite having mapped it to the one I tried repeatedly (it did eventually go up). My guess is that I hit one that was mapped to the engine. . .otherwise I have no other reason for the shutdown. I was only doing a bit over 200kts at the time. . .certainly not a speed that should overtax the engine.
Just to be sure, was you fuselage tank empty? The engine only feeds from the fuselage tank, so you have to manager the fuel transfer yourselves.
Be carefull though, if you leave the transfer pumps ON and the fuselage tank is full, you fuel will to overboard and is gone.

The only question mark for me it the engine response. I remember back with I was flying the T-37, a half century ago, we had to be aware of the spool up time on final. I found this engine to respond quite quickly. Oh well, maybe the engine is upgraded too.
Forgot to reply to this. There's a realism mod that fixes the engine response:

I think it overdoes the dead zone on the stick a little bit, but otherwise it makes the T-33 feel a lot more like what I read about in pilot reports.

Do not know your experience with the flightmodel mod 1.3.

Think the throttle response very strange, i know the response should be slow, 5-7 sec from 50-100%.
Only now it becomes not steady after a few seconds in relation to your throttle setting, it goes back again. Not so much on the ground yet in the pattern at 2000 ft it's very noticeable. Looked into the engine.cfg and seems also a afterburner is add to the engine for some reason.

I just did a quick test flight on my break with version 1.4 of the flight model mod, and I think it is fantastic - the best experience I've had with the T-33 so-far, capped off with a perfect approach and landing. If I were to change anything about version 1.4 of the flight model mod, and I don't know if it would be more accurate or not, but would seem so to me, would be to have the speed brakes create slightly more drag, and for the landing gear to create slightly less drag. Otherwise, I love the way it feels/handles and performs.

I just did a quick test flight on my break with version 1.4 of the flight model mod, and I think it is fantastic - the best experience I've had with the T-33 so-far, capped off with a perfect approach and landing. If I were to change anything about version 1.4 of the flight model mod, and I don't know if it would be more accurate or not, but would seem so to me, would be to have the speed brakes create slightly more drag, and for the landing gear to create slightly less drag. Otherwise, I love the way it feels/handles and performs.
Hi John,

Did some circuit, have the same feeling, feels very smooth. The airbrake needs indeed more drag, you have to get below 195 kts to extend the gear.

Still tweaking a bit, so far modified the drag values to this:
drag_coef_flaps = 0.027 ;1.3
drag_coef_gear = 0.050 ;1.3
drag_coef_spoilers = 0.550 ;1.3

Something i just read i the real manuals, that they take-off with 70% flaps (30 degrees).

1725649562085.png

Update is out... checking it out tomorrow.

Installed the update...seems to fly much better, and pitch seems much less jerky. The speed brakes seem to be closer to reality...just a note...in order to show two pilots in the aircraft, they have added the option for pilots (or not) to the EFB. Also...LOVE the fact that they slightly moved the canopy controls for those of us who like to fly in "Wide Angle" view. The pilots still seem too small...

My RNLAF repaint is up: https://flightsim.to/file/81187/inibuilds-t-33-royal-netherlands-airforce-m-16

View attachment 155630

Note the default stencils were used and modified as much as possible. Still thinking about a update with accurate stencils/warning plates around the cockpit area. They were extensive both in English and Dutch. :eek:

View attachment 155631

My RNLAF repaint is up: https://flightsim.to/file/81187/inibuilds-t-33-royal-netherlands-airforce-m-16

View attachment 155630

Note the default stencils were used and modified as much as possible. Still thinking about a update with accurate stencils/warning plates around the cockpit area. They were extensive both in English and Dutch. :eek:

View attachment 155631
Fantastic Job.
Jets of that era were something else for stenciling
I imagine if a new guy showed up at the base and they did not have a spare set of tech orders they would just say "go read the plane, every thing you need to know is there.
I would love it if someone could do a USAF version using this more subdued metal shade.

Just bought it, and like it very much. Ran the fuselage tank dry on my maiden flight at KEDW, though very conveniently over the threshold for landing. Am I right in saying the flap travel indicator lights are reversed ? The lower one lights up when the flaps are being raised - a bit counter intuitive.

New decal structure looks promising, still no full asymmetrical cammo pattern can be made. Still much more then before so have to be a bit creative. Adjusting my M-16 repaint with the new decals, could take some time to set everything up, need to redone some stuff.

New flightmodel flies very nice to my mind, good approach stall speeds and feel in control at the lower speeds 100-140 kts.
Could also be my new joystick which came in today, the "URSA MINOR Fighter Joystick".

Back