• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer Released

Regarding repaint requests, i'd like to suggest taking our venerable T-33 to sea. She was taken there for real as well which eventually resulted in the Lockheed TV-2 (T-33B) and T2V-1 Seastar. Alas to no avail mostly because the Navy and Marines had their periscoops set on the North American T-2 Buckeye which was especially designed for carrier ops something that couldn't be said about the T-33 of course. But Lockheed gave it a try with their T2V- 'Sea Star' , a highly modified version of the T-33. Personally i have always had a soft spot for the T2V Sea Star because of this wonderful poster that i got for my 10th birthday to hang on my bedroom wall :

Seastar_T2V-1.jpg
It is probabely highly unlikely we'll ever see a Lockheed T2V-1/T-1 Seastar in our beloved virtual flying world (i was about 40% on my way to create a T2V Seastar for FSX/P3D but then MSFS got in the way..) but with the excellent IniBuilds T-33 at hand we could do some carrier ops training with the Lockheed TV-2 anyway. If you ask me both Navy and Marines versions of the seagoing T-33B make for some striking liveries ( if you like red and white ;-) :

T-33B Sea Star (TV-2) 3.jpg
T2V, 141508, Washington, Vince Reynolds.jpg

lh_tv2l.jpg
lh_TV-2_Navy_Mar.jpg

@ the T-33 repaint gang : any takers ? Please, pretty please ?...

Many thanks on forehand ! :encouragement:

Attachments

• 58554_rd.jpg
    58554_rd.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Anything with day-glo orange gets my vote!
This has quickly become a favorite add-on of mine, great for long distance xc

Yes, day glo for me too - it always has been a favourite since seeing the Varsities every day at RAF Watton. I'm psyching myself up for something long range in the T-33, but I can't take my eyes off that fuel gauge - isn't 80% full a little early for the warning light to come on ? Anyway, I love this model, and hope for many more repaints, including maybe a what-if RAF / RN trainer .

Last edited:
We also used the T-33 up here in northern Scandinavia :giggle::giggle:

Lots of pictures of Danish RDAF T-33`s:

3368435564_84d216468e_k.jpg

in case you're looking for more inspiration: https://www.belgian-wings.be/lockheed-t-33a

0017885.jpg

View attachment 155840
View attachment 155842

Regarding repaint requests, i'd like to suggest taking our venerable T-33 to sea. She was taken there for real as well which eventually resulted in the Lockheed TV-2 (T-33B) and T2V-1 Seastar. Alas to no avail mostly because the Navy and Marines had their periscoops set on the North American T-2 Buckeye which was especially designed for carrier ops something that couldn't be said about the T-33 of course. But Lockheed gave it a try with their T2V- 'Sea Star' , a highly modified version of the T-33. Personally i have always had a soft spot for the T2V Sea Star because of this wonderful poster that i got for my 10th birthday to hang on my bedroom wall :

View attachment 155834
It is probabely highly unlikely we'll ever see a Lockheed T2V-1/T-1 Seastar in our beloved virtual flying world (i was about 40% on my way to create a T2V Seastar for FSX/P3D but then MSFS got in the way..) but with the excellent IniBuilds T-33 at hand we could do some carrier ops training with the Lockheed TV-2 anyway. If you ask me both Navy and Marines versions of the seagoing T-33B make for some striking liveries ( if you like red and white ;-) :

View attachment 155835
View attachment 155836

View attachment 155840
View attachment 155842

Anyone remember the movie "The crowded sky"
The story of the Navy Commander with the finest tan in the US Navy and his ill fated cross country flight.
All in his bare metal but no where near chrome T-33
That movie popped into my head the first time I saw that the T-33 was going to be in MSFS

Absolutely would love some day-glo orange and the TV-2!

If we're talking dream paints here, I'll add my entries:

Blue Angels TV-2
(Full Gallery here!) (and here!)

1726170683966.png

Golden Hawks CT-133

(small gallery here) (and here)

1726170771432.png

And a good silver RCAF bird (there are RCAF liveries on FS.to right now, but they are all terribly inaccurate as the author avoided the decal mirroring issue by just putting the insignia on the upper fuselage)

1726171230795.png

1726171257460.png

For anyone curious, there are a ton of interesting T-33 pics on the T-33A Shooting Star Facebook page's gallery.

We also used the T-33 up here in northern Scandinavia :giggle::giggle:

Lots of pictures of Danish RDAF T-33`s:
Wow!! Fantastic RDAF T-33 photo collection ! Thanks, Jen ! :encouragement:

Purchased and installing v1.0.1 right now. Are the metallic paints and the flight dynamics files available still needed for this latest version?

Nope. They fixed the Thunderbirds paint, and the flight model has been tweaked.

The flight dynamics file does give you slower engine spoolup, but the plane simulated here is a Nene-engined Canadair T-33 that had a faster spoolup, so the quicker response in the stock plane is accurate for the plane being simulated. The dynamics file was better than 1.0, but 1.0.1 makes some tweaks and IMHO feels better than the add-on tweak. (Disclaimer: Never flown a T-33 IRL!)

Nope. They fixed the Thunderbirds paint, and the flight model has been tweaked.

The flight dynamics file does give you slower engine spoolup, but the plane simulated here is a Nene-engined Canadair T-33 that had a faster spoolup, so the quicker response in the stock plane is accurate for the plane being simulated. The dynamics file was better than 1.0, but 1.0.1 makes some tweaks and IMHO feels better than the add-on tweak. (Disclaimer: Never flown a T-33 IRL!)
Thanks!

1726231809213.png
1726231895031.png

Still need to add the nose-art (or better say inlet-art) and hope to upload it this weekend.

Marcel

Pssttt almost ready: Any of you Dutch/Belgium guys know the meaning of the plane symbol (looks like a Me262) and number "109"?
Was painted on both sides of the M-16. The penguin was only present on the left side. Symbol of the good cooperation between the Belgium and Dutch Air Force in the training on the T-33 (i'm told).

1726252029064.png

Reference:
1726252399235.png

Last edited:

v1.0.2 patch is out:​

Sep 13, 2024
  • Patched up see-through holes and light-bleed holes in the fuselage and cockpit models
  • Beacon light lens does not allow for splash/emissive effect at LOD0/1 - Fixed
  • Checklists updated with spelling and descriptions errors.
  • Checklist validation increased to 24% on engine start-up due to FM changes.
  • EFB ability to list local NAV1 VOR frequencies and transfer to NAV1 unit.
  • Fuel system page on G3X updated to correct description.
  • Beacon always flashing fixed.
  • Colombian livery added.
  • French livery added.
Besides this you can switch between 2 engine via the INImanager.
More info: https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/23774-inibuilds-t-33-jet-trainer-for-msfs-v102-released/

Last edited:
Update 2.0 of my RNLAF "M-16" repaint is available:

Update with new decal system
- All roundels have correct orientation now
- Adjusted day-glow panels
- Added much more accurate stencils mainly in the cockpit area
- Added Noseart near the inlets
- Added some real-life green colour to some instruments in the cockpit

View attachment 155901
View attachment 155902

Still need to add the nose-art (or better say inlet-art) and hope to upload it this weekend.

Marcel

Pssttt almost ready: Any of you Dutch/Belgium guys know the meaning of the plane symbol (looks like a Me262) and number "109"?
Was painted on both sides of the M-16. The penguin was only present on the left side. Symbol of the good cooperation between the Belgium and Dutch Air Force in the training on the T-33 (i'm told).

View attachment 155927

Reference:
View attachment 155928
Marcel, the penguin on your M16 is a zap from the VASS Visiting Air Servicing Section - Penguin Airways of RAF Laarbruch. (Several variants are known).
It does not refer to the penguin emblem that could be seen on the SF260 Marchetti of the EPE - Elementary Flying School of the Belgian Air Force.
In the attached photo of ST27 we see the 2 penguins.
The EPE badge is on the fuselage and Laarbruch's Penguin Airways zap on the tail.
01.PNG02.jpg03.png04.jpg

Back