• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

So, DL, which w_xxxxx texture do I look for if I just want to change the wing tank paint color?

I can't find the original file at the moment, but here is the renamed file that allows a slightly nicer set of white wing tanks. Just drop this into his VMFP- repaint, or any other repaint where you want to use the white wing tanks.

View attachment w_ft2.zip

cheers,

dl

No worries JP, I figured "it would be a stretch" :biggrin-new: ... but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Looking forward to the update.

BTW - while the tank texture renaming thing didn't work for the J center tank texture, it did for the the Duckie (Steve Bryant) wing tank texture. Which means for the 2x wing tanks only configuration, you get his nicely repainted tanks. The center-only or all three tank configuration means that the center tank will be the "default" white with red tip.

I'm personally ok with that compromise on the RF - just a heads up for folks like me who can't repaint, and want to work within what the model allows today but still add in the enhancements possible from some older legacy but still really nice repaints.

dl

After looking at the FS-9 version compared to the FSX update, The RF-4 FSX Update version is now using the tanks texture sheets for the B-C-N-J versions which was NOT the case in FS-9. Obviously my old paints are for the FS-9 version and for the most fit well. However, as d_l has discovered the NEW arrangement you can get the wing tanks from the fighter version textures but you won't be able to get a good center tank without a repaint of that tank. The FS-9 repaints used an entirely different texture set to get all three tanks on the RF-versions, hence the predicament, albeit not serious, just need to splash a little paint!

RF-4B FSX

dsc8ROD.jpg

3r9LP6V.jpg

icon26.gif

Hi Klaus,

Do you plan uploading that gorgeous F4F with the coloured tanks?

Take care,

Priller

Will try to do a complete package of liverys of the German Airforce for an upload here. All textures i found (12 different till now). All these are not my work...(all credits to the original painters) just do the changes to match that new version of the Phantom and do all textures for the new tanks in one complete package.

Another nice one.

38489991mq.jpg

greetings
Klaus

Will try to do a complete package of liverys of the German Airforce for an upload here. All textures i found (12 different till now). All these are not my work...(all credits to the original painters) just do the changes to match that new version of the Phantom and do all textures for the new tanks in one complete package.

Another nice one.

38489991mq.jpg

greetings
Klaus
That's wonderful work Klaus, thank you for making these!

Cheers,
JP

Those Markus Hellwig (SOH member “Wild Bill Kelso”) paints are indeed gorgeous. The last one (35+10) is my favourite German RF paint.

I know I’m pushing my luck here, but is there any chance of the pylons getting the same paint matching treatment?

Thanks in advance Ulrich, JP, Klaus et al for your work on this project.

Since some of the texture sheets appear to have been reassigned for weapons use it would be good to know which texture sheets go with which models. The RF models appear to have reassigned tanks and pylons which I have now repainted to match my existing RFs but that’s as far as I’ve gone. When I say “reassigned” I mean different from what the original ALPHASim/Virtavia models had. Also, please don’t take this comment as negative criticism because it is not intended as such. The original models/textures/paint kits were a fairly complicated affair so it’s a wonder that the model updaters were able to keep it as organized as they did!

Love the photo version

I see in Vietnam they flew the "barrel" missions up from Udorn with a while painted center tank which were dumped over Laos - apparently quite a large collection must have accumlated there.

FIDLnNV.jpg

Back