• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Which Mirimar scenery is that Gray Eagle?

NAS Miramar back in the good ole' days, Top Gun was there back then.

A very nice job creating this scenery. It looks pretty much as I remember it when I was there in mid 60's/70's

https://secure.simmarket.com/mile-high-sims-knkx-nas-miramar-top-gun-fsx.phtml

Even Maverick is there on his bike

84377_image004.jpg

For those who may be interested here are some white drop tanks and pylons (both wings and center tanks) for the RF-4s currently using the RF-4C model from the new updated pack "Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 32". Three texture files are included. First back up the original files of the same name then just drop these directly into the texture folder you wish to use ie, "texture.RF-4B_Spook".

Steve

Attachments

• RF-4 External Wing and Center Tanks.zip
    913.1 KB · Views: 6
New instrument lights:
Ve1L7ec.jpg

I suppose next version will be the final; it will, amongst other things, feature a completely unified stores package across all models (only exception is that the recce models cannot carry sparrows), improved VC switchology (allowing for cold starts), the night lighting, cockpit sounds, the new RF-4B with extendable front gear and a number of bug fixes.

Oh, and there will also be a list of what textures are used for what stores ... ;)

Some time around next weekend, if all goes well.

By the way, I love all the wonderful screenshots, thank you all!

Cheers,
JP

Hi,

Perhaps this has already been pointed out, but the main gear cover on the right wing of the RF-4E is incorrectly set to a color instead of the r_gear texture, so it shows up as white. Even more minor, the thumbnails for the RF-4C and RF-4E are swapped between their respective directories (easy enough to move them back).

I just installed the models from the Virtavia_Phantom_Reloaded_V1.zip file.

Tom

Hi,

Perhaps this has already been pointed out, but the main gear cover on the right wing of the RF-4E is incorrectly set to a color instead of the r_gear texture, so it shows up as white. Even more minor, the thumbnails for the RF-4C and RF-4E are swapped between their respective directories (easy enough to move them back).

I just installed the models from the Virtavia_Phantom_Reloaded_V1.zip file.

Tom
Those are among the bug fixes Tom, but thank you for reporting them! There is a similar texture issue on the GR.1, that has been corrected too.

Cheers,
JP

Afterburner gauge settings

I notice that the AB seems to comes in regardless of performance almost immediatly with any increase in acceleration. Most other sim aircraft engage the AB only when the throttle is at e.g., 95% of its maximum travel. This seems a bit more realistic. With the exisiting configuration, I find even if I want to accelerate even modestly from say 200 - 300 KIAS the AB kickis in when I don't want it to. Can this be looked at?

I found the same thing with the afterburner. If you turn off the burner, I'm at about 50% thrust and the plane gets so slow that it can't hold up, the performance is very bad for a fighter-bomber

The German Air Force also flew the F-4F with the AGM65 equipment. I have now tried to create this variant for me and at the same time also change the color of the
brake parachute to the type used in the German Air Force. Unfortunately, the brake parachute is not stored as a texture in the current model,
but only provided with a pure color.

Original

38509387yq.jpg

38509388kf.jpg

new model

38509389dd.jpg

38509390he.jpg

Not complete ready ....but nearly.
If delta_lima is interessted in this model, i would like to send him this one when ready. Perhaps he would like to use it in one of his next upcoming versions.

greetings
Klaus

I notice that the AB seems to comes in regardless of performance almost immediatly with any increase in acceleration. Most other sim aircraft engage the AB only when the throttle is at e.g., 95% of its maximum travel. This seems a bit more realistic. With the exisiting configuration, I find even if I want to accelerate even modestly from say 200 - 300 KIAS the AB kickis in when I don't want it to. Can this be looked at?
We will look into that, thank you for reporting! :ernaehrung004:

Cheers,
JP

Not complete ready ....but nearly.
If delta_lima is interessted in this model, i would like to send him this one when ready. Perhaps he would like to use it in one of his next upcoming versions.

greetings
Klaus
Hi Klaus!

Thank you for your kind offer.

Not sure what DL would do with the model, but I would love to add your AGM-65 models to the Phantom Reloaded weapons package (assuming they are legal to include of course!). Not sure if we make it to the upcoming scheduled release though, but it's nice to have future enhancements in the pipeline. :)

I will need the missile model(s), and any pylon/launcher modifications you made.

Cheers,
JP

Klaus, those look superb, and I look forward to trying them.

But as JP said, you might be thinking of either JP or Ulrich. I’m not a modeller or coder. Those two gents have done the heavy lifting in that area. I’ve just tested since they were released.

I look forward to your tanks files too. Those paints will look lovely with that last little detail sorted.

PS-sorry, been behind on my SOH “correspondence” - but I should also thank the “AS Phantom Phixers” for the upcoming RF-4 with all the enhancements. The night lighting too will be lovely, as I like to fly in all weathers and times as well.

My mistake... shame on me. Will do what Jens Peter said. Beg your pardon. When the models will be ready, i will send those to JP :wavey:

greetings
Klaus

Just a short note as I am a Phantom maniac myself...

I think the F-4Fs, at least initially did not have the capacity to carry and fire the Sparrow as their radars were more simplified compared with the F-4E. Not sure if it was added later.

Back