• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

jYRpBQi.png

Okay, did a complete new installation, but no matter which F-4 model I use, all have still white tanks - Pack 12, 31, 32 - F-4 B, C, D, E, F also. I use the package inside texture.cfg with

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture.VC
fallback.2=..\texture.metallic

and I see the textures inside the different texture folders which shows the correct tanks on the texture planes...

Where is the mistake?

I am not disappointed about the fantastic aircraft and Ulrichs compiling work, but about my inability to get this stuff to work.

Anyway, using it for short distances will work...

Okay, did a complete new installation, but no matter which F-4 model I use, all have still white tanks - Pack 12, 31, 32 - F-4 B, C, D, E, F also. I use the package inside texture.cfg with

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture.VC
fallback.2=..\texture.metallic

and I see the textures inside the different texture folders which shows the correct tanks on the texture planes...

Where is the mistake?

I am not disappointed about the fantastic aircraft and Ulrichs compiling work, but about my inability to get this stuff to work.

Anyway, using it for short distances will work...

You're using Ulrich's version, so I suppose you're a P3D user? Check your PM's please. ;)

Priller

Last edited:
People seem to love hang AIM-9s on their their RFs these days ...:biggrin-new:

Cheeky Daniel! Yes, not per normal rules. I researched that the USAF SEA RF's tried AIM-9's but stopped it because it motivated crews to hunt for Mig's rather than take pictures in dangerous locations . . but they do look cool . . (Phantom fuzzy dice).

Gents - I am close to tears :sorrow: :very_drunk:

With almost simultaneously help of Priller and Andy (Noddy), who did send me their packs graciously, I can tell you all:

IT WORKS!!!!!

I tried both packages and finally I can do wider ranges....All tanks appear in appropriate colors now.

Thank you both so much, that made my week! :wavey::applause:

Don't want to be the bad-sport of this evening, but after I want to taxi I noticed this weird appearance:

Does anybody else get any similar issue?

If not, no problem. Now using the wing tanks, it does not strikes a lot (but in the version with white tanks, this did not appear.... )

Jokey, isn't it? :adoration:

I selected the F-4 variants and noticed another singularity:

This gear section seems to have a wrong angle (ca 30 degrees to the left....)

General comment about "texture.cfg" files, because I see quite a lot of confusion about this:

If the "texture.cfg" of some repaint or add-in mentions "texture.metallic" but your installation doesn't have a folder like that, it is because the creator of that repaint/add-in uses the P3DV4 version of "Phantom Reloaded" and you don't.

In that case, don't worry. Just leave things as they are. The repaint/add-in will work just as beautifully for you. You can remove the reference to "texture.metallic" if it really bothers you, but it won't make any difference. NEVER, EVER remove the reference to "texture.VC"!

Cheers,
JP

Just to add, this seems only happen to the pack 32 variants....
I would go as far as to say that it only happens on the RF-4E, and only in the P3DV4 version.

On the other hand the FSX/P3D version has a texture error in the same place, lol. That one has been fixed for V1.1.

Thank you for reporting these issues, Manschy. :ernaehrung004:

Cheers,
JP

Gents - I am close to tears :sorrow: :very_drunk:

With almost simultaneously help of Priller and Andy (Noddy), who did send me their packs graciously, I can tell you all:

IT WORKS!!!!!

I tried both packages and finally I can do wider ranges....All tanks appear in appropriate colors now.

Thank you both so much, that made my week! :wavey::applause:

My pleasure Manschy!

Priller

I had planned on releasing version 1.1 today, but I have decided to wait, for a couple of reasons.

First, I am not happy with the whole issue with the colours of external tanks, and the confusion it has led to, so I'll have to see if I can come up with something that is a bit more elegant. I have an idea for a better solution, but it requires some work.

Second, it would be nice to freeze the contents of the loadout package once and for all. So, it would be wise to hold back release until I can include Klaus' Maverick missles. And perhaps, now I have heard of its existence, some AIM-120, as retrofitted to German F-4s. I haven't been able to find a picture of an F-4 with AMRAAMs, does anybody know how that looked?

Anyway, this just to explain why you will have to wait patiently a bit longer for all the marvellous updates and the new RF-4B. :ernaehrung004:

In other news: I am very happy to announce that Rob Barendregt has decided to lend his magic to the project! He will make drag and weight depend on loadout, instead of the current fixed values. A daring feat! This will be for version 1.2, because that kind of magic takes much time and focus.

All the best,
JP

Penz and all involved, take your time as long as you need!!! The project is such a nice gift that it is worth waiting for. :applause:

I had planned on releasing version 1.1 today, but I have decided to wait, for a couple of reasons.
First, I am not happy with the whole issue with the colours of external tanks, and the confusion it has led to,...
...and the new RF-4B. :ernaehrung004:
...In other news: I am very happy to announce that Rob Barendregt has decided to lend his magic to the project! ...
All the best,
JP

This just keeps getting better. Very patiently waiting for the RF-4B. :encouragement::encouragement:

Steve

Back