• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Please forgive me if you find my questions silly. I just find this thread interesting and it reminds me of past years of building plastic models of F-4E many many moon years ago.

Is this model base available in F-4E version?

And is there any Israeli air force repaint for that, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

I like the u

SMC RF-4B VMP-3 Rainbow Reteriment Scheme.zip

89291612029486.jpg

FSX Textures only for the Virtavia/Alphasim Phantom Pack 3. This represents one of the retirement schemes worn by some of the VMFP-3 Phantoms. This one, BuNo 157342 was painted with a rainbow pattern on the tail which represented all the colors of the squadrons assigned to MAG-11. Included are 32 bit textures.

Discussion Thread

Category FSX Military skins - Post Cold War

Thank-you, @expat. Right under my nose all this time, lol ! :untroubled:

Please forgive me if you find my questions silly. I just find this thread interesting and it reminds me of past years of building plastic models of F-4E many many moon years ago.

Is this model base available in F-4E version?

And is there any Israeli air force repaint for that, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

You need Pack 2, and there are Israeli paints on avsim.

Dave

You need Pack 2, and there are Israeli paints on avsim.

Dave,

Thanks for your kind assistance. However, I do not see Pack 2?? The freeware Vivatia Phanton Reload version 1.1 for use of FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 has three packs called Pack 32, Pack 31, and Pack 12.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Aharon

The paints are by pierre lheureux , and they look really good, from Avsim, they are for FS9 but should work in FSX, The E models are in pack 12, and you'll probably have to play with the cfg to get them to fit

EDIT, you'll need to change model=2 to model=E in the repaint cfg, and copy and paste the "texture cfg" from another repaint into your IAFSHK texture folder

"The Saint" , one of the 366th Fighter Wing, AKA "The Gunfighters" .......

aAheBQD.png

Gus Robatto repaint, from Avsim.

Ian,

Thanks for great tips and for your screenshot sample. Glad you provided important installation instructions or otherwise I would not have figured it out.

Your screenname looks very familiar to me. Did you assist me in the past regarding add on planes or repaints?

Regards,

Aharon

Your screenname looks very familiar to me. Did you assist me in the past regarding add on planes or repaints?

I think it was to do with the CS C130, other forum members gave you better help, glad your up and running :wavey:

I think it was to do with the CS C130, other forum members gave you better help, glad your up and running :wavey:

Ahh thanks I think it was you who painted Israeli air force livery on Virtatia C-17 Cargomaster??

Anyway, once again, thanks for your kind assistance and for your great installation instructions for Phantom package

Regards,

Aharon

Good news, for those FSX simmers interrested:

My plan is to release a V1.2, as an addon to JP's V1.1 package, in a few weeks; working on it now with another model designer (@GC, react if you like ...LoL) , to get everything right ...

Added features, as mentioned in earlier posts in this thread:

1. The influence of configured weapons/tanks loadout on the flight-dynamics.
Both in Weight and induced Drag.

2. Proper working of ALL animations in MultiPlayer sessions.

3. An IFLOLS gauge (in a seperate 2D-window) , that helps you in doing precision approaches/traps on (moving) aircraft carriers.

Cheers, Rob

My plan is to release a V1.2, as an addon to JP's V1.1 package, in a few weeks; working on it now with another model designer (@GC, react if you like ...LoL) , to get everything right ...

Added features, as mentioned in earlier posts in this thread:

1. The influence of configured weapons/tanks loadout on the flight-dynamics.
Both in Weight and induced Drag.

2. Proper working of ALL animations in MultiPlayer sessions.

3. An IFLOLS gauge (in a seperate 2D-window) , that helps you in doing precision approaches/traps on (moving) aircraft carriers.

Cheers, Rob

Sounds exciting, Rob!

When you say the stores weight/drag enhancement is implemented for one model, which model is that, and does that mean if you coded for a particular model (eg: S/J) then the others (eg: RF) don't have that? And if so, can I point to that gauge in another model, or doesn't it work that way?

Either way, I'm stoked for any enhancements on this lovely model.

cheers,

dl

Sounds exciting, Rob!

When you say the stores weight/drag enhancement is implemented for one model, which model is that, and does that mean if you coded for a particular model (eg: S/J) then the others (eg: RF) don't have that?

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.
The functional (FDE) weight/drag enhancement will work (and is allready implemented) for ALL the model variations in V1.1, since the coding itself will work for each combination of Pack/model/texture variation.

The work to be done is: getting all the visual animations right for each visual model (the *.mdl files in all \model.* \ folders of the three packs).
So changing 9+4+3 = 16 .mdl files.
Only the Pack12/Model.B visual model is now finished; so 15 more to go...

Cheers, Rob

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.
The functional (FDE) weight/drag enhancement will work (and is allready implemented) for ALL the model variations in V1.1, since the coding itself will work for each combination of Pack/model/texture variation.

The work to be done is: getting all the visual animations right for each visual model (the *.mdl files in all \model.* \ folders of the three packs).
So changing 9+4+3 = 16 .mdl files.
Only the Pack12/Model.B visual model is now finished; so 15 more to go...

Cheers, Rob

Clearer now, Rob - thanks for clarifying.

And for this not-trivial enhancement - appreciate all the effort you're putting in.

cheers,

dl

Cheers, Rob

ARGGGGHHHH Now I really have to do it :wavey:

I have the mapping 70% sorted to update the weapons to support Robs new features. Once that is done it is a "simple" matter of doing about 100 clicks in MCX for each model, hoping I did them all right, recompiling and testing each model.

Stay tuned.

Looking good in P3Dv4.5 with a 15+ year old model and fabulous Gus Robatto repaint.

I didn't see the screenshot above appear on my iPad and possibly other devices other than my PC so posting again - apologies if it's a double post of the image for you:

EtU0neR.png

ARGGGGHHHH Now I really have to do it :wavey:

I have the mapping 70% sorted to update the weapons to support Robs new features. Once that is done it is a "simple" matter of doing about 100 clicks in MCX for each model, hoping I did them all right, recompiling and testing each model.

Stay tuned.
LoL .....
I'll mail you the V1.2 Beta1 (for the Pack12/Model.B) in a few hours ....

Cheers, Rob

Just a picture of the progress , in MultiPlayer .....

Note the differences in loadout (and wingfold) between the local (left) and remote (right) Phantom ....

Thanks, Gavin

Cheers, Rob

Attachments

• PhantomF4-MP.jpg
    PhantomF4-MP.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 175
Back