• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

I noticed, i have forgotten to delete the Ab effects entries from the aircraft.cfg in Pack32.
Can you please deactivate them and Report back if the issues has gone.

[smokesystem]
//smoke.2 = -9.19, -2.30, -1.15, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_fire_FSX
//smoke.3 = -9.19, 2.30, -1.15, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_fire_FSX
//smoke.4 = -9.19, -2.30, -1.15, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_short_FSX
//smoke.5 = -9.19, 2.30, -1.15, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_short_FSX
//smoke.6 = -9.19, -2.30, -1.15, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long_FSX
//smoke.7 = -9.19, 2.30, -1.15, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long_FSX

I only use Pack 12 - that's the only one I use.

[smokesystem]
smoke.0 = -19.00, -2.25, -0.80, fx_smoke_f6
smoke.1 = -19.00, 2.25, -0.80, fx_smoke_f6

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.1 = 10, 19.70, 0, 2.60, fx_F4_flood,
light.2 = 10, 15.80, 0, 3.40, fx_F4_flood,
light.3 = 7, -11.5, -19.2, -0.68, fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom ,
light.4 = 7, -11.5, 19.2, -0.68, fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom ,
light.5 = 9, -9.19, -2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantomFSX ,
//light.6 = 9, -9.19, 2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantomFSX ,
light.7 = 4, 20.00, 0.60, 2.20, fx_F4_insts,
light.8 = 4, 20.00, -0.60, 2.20, fx_F4_insts,
light.9 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect
//light.9 = 6, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

Guess my issues remain.......And I use P3D V4.5

Okay, Butch i see now, there is no hope.
icon23.gif

Your entries shows to me, that you don't use the actually version V1.1.
It seems we talked about two different shoes.
Please download the latest version for P3D v4.5 and install it as in the readme descript.

Resolved

Okay, Butch i see now, there is no hope.
icon23.gif

Your entries shows to me, that you don't use the actually version V1.1.
It seems we talked about two different shoes.
Please download the latest version for P3D v4.5 and install it as in the readme descript.

Hi Ulrich

I did like you said and I am now happy to report that all it well. Much better. I can actually build up some speed on the runway or taxiway before that 1st stage burner (or whatever it's called that
I had issues with) kicks in. The full AB effect is working great. That burner gyro effect seems to be fixed as well. :encouragement:

Now, I have to reorganize my Pack 12 and repopulate with the USN textures like I did before. Thanks for your help. I did download the new version yesterday and thought I had installed everything
that was required. Only thing with these manual installs is the old crumbs (unneeded files) that are left behind from the previous versions. Hopefully, there aren't too many.

Thanks again.

Butch

Just a hunch, the texture.cfg for those repaints you have may not be structured such as this:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture.VC
fallback.2=..\texture.metallic

Save you texture.cfg for each repaint you ADDED and use one of the basic texture.cfg that was included in this update.
I think that metallic call may add better luster/shine to the exterior.

Yup! That was it! Thanks for the fix!

Im a little late to this Virtavia F-4 party so reading all the thread posts to try to catch up!

Well done men.

Eric

Thanks, works great :encouragement:
As a sidenote:
If you ever encounter a problem with Chute operation: the Chute will (visibly) be only deployed when:
- The F4 is on the ground, and
- The tailhook is raised, and
- Groundspeed is > 40 Knots

That said (and as a teaser ...LoL ..)
In the next release of this package, the additional decelleration of the F4 after touchdown (with Chute deployed) will actually be modelled too.
And a few other features that relate to "drag" ; like "drag" caused by actual weapons/fuelpods loadout when flying ….

Cheers, Rob

Hi Grey Eagle
I have a copy of a VF-111 repaint. it's not exactly the same but its very good. Drop me a PM with an email address and I will send it.

Regards Paul Day.

With some lovely bases in Germany released and coming, I'm curious to see if this model has any further development planned, as per Rob's note here ...

As a sidenote:
If you ever encounter a problem with Chute operation: the Chute will (visibly) be only deployed when:
- The F4 is on the ground, and
- The tailhook is raised, and
- Groundspeed is > 40 Knots

That said (and as a teaser ...LoL ..)
In the next release of this package, the additional decelleration of the F4 after touchdown (with Chute deployed) will actually be modelled too.
And a few other features that relate to "drag" ; like "drag" caused by actual weapons/fuelpods loadout when flying ….

Cheers, Rob

Not having heard from @Penz for a long time, I hope he's ok. @Postbaer61, still really enjoying this delightful you, Ulrich, and others have done.

Cheers,

dl

With some lovely bases in Germany released and coming, I'm curious to see if this model has any further development planned, as per Rob's note here ...

Not having heard from @Penz for a long time, I hope he's ok. @Postbaer61, still really enjoying this delightful you, Ulrich, and others have done.

Cheers,

dl

There is a truly beautiful one with lots of updates done by David Robles and the model handles very well.

Only one thing is the 'rudder animation' is exactly opposite to what it should be. Some say and easy fix in the model config. (?) I wish someone would take a look at this - as the model otherwise is just beautiful inside and out.

See it here : https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohfor...5-FSX-P3D-Alphasim-F4D-Phantom-Latest-Version

The rudder can be fixed with little effort, using the MCX Object Hierarchy Editor.

The way I do it to open the model so it displays in wireframe mode.

I then open the Hierarchy Editor and click on the top of the tree.

Using the arrow key, I just start working my way down the tree, while looking at the model, until I see the part I'm interested in get highlighted in red.

Then I right-click on the top part of the "Animation" section for that part and select "Reverse animation".

This has an immediate effect and you can see the part flip the opposite direction.

Then it's just a matter of exporting the model (with a new name, so you don't overwrite the original).

There is a truly beautiful one with lots of updates done by David Robles and the model handles very well.

Only one thing is the 'rudder animation' is exactly opposite to what it should be. Some say and easy fix in the model config. (?) I wish someone would take a look at this - as the model otherwise is just beautiful inside and out.

See it here : https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohfor...5-FSX-P3D-Alphasim-F4D-Phantom-Latest-Version

Hi MZee,

David's project was well before the more exhaustive FSX and P3D versions that Penz, Postbaer61 came along in Jun 2020; there had been (I understand) some updates planned to that one. That's (to my view) the new "gold standard" of rebooted Alphasim conversions, with virtually all the models created, and cool custom stores configurator, etc.

dl

Hi MZee,

David's project was well before the more exhaustive FSX and P3D versions that Penz, Postbaer61 came along in Jun 2020; there had been (I understand) some updates planned to that one. That's (to my view) the new "gold standard" of rebooted Alphasim conversions, with virtually all the models created, and cool custom stores configurator, etc.

dl
Hi dl,

Sorry to report that a.o. real-life priorities and shifted interrests (like the new MSFS) are reasons that no further update (== Rel. 1.2) should be expected for this FSX/P3D F4 conversion project.

Personally, I regret that very much.
But I do understand (and respect, with highest regard) the choices made by JP and Ulrich. They are both great guys.
I had a great time last year working with them, in adding some stuff (in Rel. 1.1) to this wonderfull project.

I have some new updates wrt. Multiplayer visibility and FDE drag (weapons/chute) prepared, but without the required modifications in the visual models to match them (which I can't do myself). these are void .....
Also, please understand that getting everything right (within the constraints of the original package) and making it compatible in one package (for every F4 variant, and FSX/P3D versions (like PBR models) ) is a hell of a job by itself.

That's the status now; just posting this to avoid any confusion for users like you, as to this project.
But who knows, in future ....

Best regards,

Rob Barendregt

Hi dl,

Sorry to report that a.o. real-life priorities and shifted interrests (like the new MSFS) are reasons that no further update (== Rel. 1.2) should be expected for this FSX/P3D F4 conversion project.

Personally, I regret that very much.
But I do understand (and respect, with highest regard) the choices made by JP and Ulrich. They are both great guys.
I had a great time last year working with them, in adding some stuff (in Rel. 1.1) to this wonderfull project.

I have some new updates wrt. Multiplayer visibility and FDE drag (weapons/chute) prepared, but without the required modifications in the visual models to match them (which I can't do myself). these are void .....
Also, please understand that getting everything right (within the constraints of the original package) and making it compatible in one package (for every F4 variant, and FSX/P3D versions (like PBR models) ) is a hell of a job by itself.

That's the status now; just posting this to avoid any confusion for users like you, as to this project.
But who knows, in future ....

Best regards,

Rob Barendregt

No worries Rob. It's already a superb model, and your work on this (and other projects like the Harrier gauge) are gifts that already keep giving.

Cheers,

dl

No worries Rob. It's already a superb model, and your work on this (and other projects like the Harrier gauge) are gifts that already keep giving.

Cheers,

dl
Hi dl,

I'm not worried at all ...LoL
I do realise it's allready great as-is now. Mostly thanks to JP, and Ulrich too.
It's just, that from my point-of-view, I'm trying to get the most out of such projects in the details that I'm personally interrested in.
Just because it's possible to make ...
And to the extend, that most users probably even don't realise those enhanced details .....

My biggest pride-and-joy, and OffTopic, being everything I did in the VTOL area.
Again, the challenge of creating something because it's possible to make (within the absolute limitations of the sim).
With my (personal) biggest pride-and-joy being the freeware MV22B Osprey I did with Maryadi ...

Cheers, Rob

Back