• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

BSVlYhz.jpg

ugjthOt.jpg

8Ky02uh.jpg

Going to take a little while longer before I'm finshed with the weaponized models - I found a couple of things to improve on that I really want to implement.

Not least, I found this diagram describing how the "approach lights" on the front wheel door work, in a RL Phantom document:
H1BglJy.png

In the current 1.2 version I deleted those lights from the models that had them. But now I know how they are supposed to work, I'll have to include them, and make them work correctly, of course! :)

-JP

That's way cool. Will you set them up as repeaters of what the cockpit AoA indicator reads, or vice-versa?

Though I obviously know how they work(ed) in real life, I've never considered these working accurately in FSX/P3D, since I don't fly multiplayer to see a pilot come aboard and see these lights in proper operation. I wonder if other planes such as Razbam A-7 or Aerosoft F-14 have these working accurately - I've never heard of it, since I can't see it in operation from the VC - so it could be a first, but again, I could very well be wrong. It'd be cool to watch as LSO from the FCLP hut and see fellow multiplayer pilots come in and see these operating correctly.

Ulrich, those shots look simply delightful. It's quite a feat to bring these models material qualities to PBR standards, and I'm duly impressed. The work you and JP are doing will undoubtedly result in an amazing anthology of Phantoms. Especially for those models outside of the B/N/S/J where there are ready payware alternatives, the Brit and RF models would have been buried otherwise, so it's a rich and lovely assortment for Phantom phans, and a great tribute to the original AS folks, as well as the modders and repainters that added to it over the last decade and a half.

Thanks again to you both.

Kind regards,

dl

That's way cool. Will you set them up as repeaters of what the cockpit AoA indicator reads, or vice-versa?
Yeah, I'm gonna use the values from the cockpit AoA gauge as a guideline for coding the light visibility conditions. They are considerably lower than the values given in the table I posted. :) Like I mentioned above, the lights are embedded in some of the original models, so maybe they worked in FS9, I don't know.

Also I wholeheartedly agree, Ulrich is doing an awesome job!

-JP

PS: I absolutely love pack 3! Both the RR engine models and the RF's.

V1.2 is a true classic! Having a bunch of fun enjoying a great Phantom package!

One issue I am noticing is the ground effects (concrete, sparks, or something) stays with the plane after takeoff. So you can see the smoke, etc on the take off role at the wheel level and then when you take off and climb the aircraft the effects are still there but you need to zoom out a bit to see it - the effects follow the model - like a smoke trail that is 50 to 150 feet below the aircraft. This is the case with all 3 packs.

I tried to turn off the effects for this in the CFG file but was not successful.

Any ideas on how to remove this?

V1.2 is a true classic! Having a bunch of fun enjoying a great Phantom package!

One issue I am noticing is the ground effects (concrete, sparks, or something) stays with the plane after takeoff. So you can see the smoke, etc on the take off role at the wheel level and then when you take off and climb the aircraft the effects are still there but you need to zoom out a bit to see it - the effects follow the model - like a smoke trail that is 50 to 150 feet below the aircraft. This is the case with all 3 packs.

I tried to turn off the effects for this in the CFG file but was not successful.

Any ideas on how to remove this?
Thank you cdavid!

There are no effects embedded in the V1.2 models except for the landing light and the wing tip lights. What you're seeing is probably artifacts from one of the effects tied to the engine, in the [lights] section ("fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom.fx", "fx_engine_Virtavia Phantom.fx" and "fx_reheat_Virtavia Phantom.fx"). These FS9 effects are not working 100% flawlessly in FSX or P3D. I really ought to find a replacement. :)

Cheers,
JP

Last edited:
Search for "RF-4B" in the library here.
There are a couple of beauties by Tranquil.

Dave

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 11
  • weathered.jpg
    weathered.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 6
@DL
Thanks for the kind words, DL,
As we all know ... anticipation is the greatest joy! Isn't' it?
icon23.gif

@ Dave,
Did you mean this ones ?

jEdoibc.jpg

9U5zxgi.jpg

IRm0EP8.jpg

Cheers
Ulrich
I like the 92sq Phantom. "Are we painting the trim blue on this one sir?" "Trim? Heck, paint the whole thing blue!"

Not sure is a sound effect can be added to go at the same time!

attachment.php

In FS9 it was possible. I think the old FS9 F-14 by Dino Cattaneo had it (shockwave effect and "boom") and the FS KBT FA-18E for FS9.

I could be mistaking of course. It's been a while since I've played FS9, and Alzheimer is my friend...

Priller

In panel.cfg...
// --------------------------------------------------- SONIC BOOM
gauge07=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0 // The SonicBoom gauge
gauge08=COP_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/rcb-miljet/COP_Sound.ini // Plays sounds

In aircraft.cfg /lights...
light.11 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

[ya gotta have the effects too, obviously]...;)

In panel.cfg...
// --------------------------------------------------- SONIC BOOM
gauge07=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0 // The SonicBoom gauge
gauge08=COP_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/rcb-miljet/COP_Sound.ini // Plays sounds

In aircraft.cfg /lights...
light.11 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

[ya gotta have the effects too, obviously]...;)

Is all this from the rcbco-30.zip?

Thank you cdavid!

There are no effects embedded in the V1.2 models except for the landing light and the wing tip lights. What you're seeing is probably artifacts from one of the effects tied to the engine, in the [lights] section ("fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom.fx", "fx_engine_Virtavia Phantom.fx" and "fx_reheat_Virtavia Phantom.fx"). These FS9 effects are not working 100% flawlessly in FSX or P3D. I really ought to find a replacement. :)

Cheers,
JP

JP;

Did a little testing. Its not the lights or the engine effects. The issue is with the fx_spray effect:

[effects]
wake = fx_wake
//water = fx_spray
dirt = fx_tchdrt
concrete = fx_sparks
touchdown = fx_tchdwn_s, 1
windshield_rain_effect_available = 1

Tested fix on packs 1 & 2.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Back