• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Hi MZee,

The scenery is RAF Lakenheath V2.0 for P3DV4 by Ian McCartney from Military AI Works.

Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,

Thank-you. I also found the thread about it here :
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...AIW-releases-RAF-Lakenheath-and-Upper-Heyford

BTW, for followers of this thread, I also did some more digging around your MAIW lead, and also found these two nice packages :

1) RAF Wattisham - https://militaryaiworks.com/downloa...y/794-acg-raf-wattisham-uk-circa-1991-for-fsx , and
2) RAF AI F-4's - https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=188095

Beautiful scenery.

JP;

Did a little testing. Its not the lights or the engine effects. The issue is with the fx_spray effect:

[effects]
wake = fx_wake
//water = fx_spray
dirt = fx_tchdrt
concrete = fx_sparks
touchdown = fx_tchdwn_s, 1
windshield_rain_effect_available = 1

Tested fix on packs 1 & 2.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Thank you cdavid! That fix will most likely be included in the next version, in exactly that way. :ernaehrung004:

Cheers,
JP

SoWNIqS.jpg

IAEhlXg.jpg

VF154 in progress
XcPpDt3.jpg

Superb, Ulrich!

Has a week gone by yet? :running:

Just kidding. Looking excellent, and getting better with each screenshot. Is that a transonic vapour cone effect you're demonstrating with the VX-4 shot? That'll be nice!

That's one I gotta have Falcon 409! My late father worked for Convair and flew out of Carswell when I was just a toddler.

I know I have been quiet these last days, sorry.

Had a major setback, but now I'm back on track.

The trouble all started when a certain furry mailman very kindly provided me with an alpha of his wonderful PBR models and afterburner. lol. :ernaehrung004:
This meant that I could enhance the FSX models with the included bumps and my own homemade specs, and embed the afterburner in the models.
My tiny part in the big picture was kinda ready for that, I had all exterior lights embedded in the models and had weaponized the lot.

So just a few added effects and a bit of texture work and everything would be hunky dory, I thought.
The effects part went OK, I even had the AoA light on the front wheel door working correctly and all. :)

But when it became time to enhance the model materials with bumps and specs, it turned into a nightmare.
No matter how I tried, once I started to fiddle with the textures, the model exploded.

So I had to rewind quite considerably.

But now I'm back on track, and have found the right order to finish the models without harming something in the process, heh.
I'm glad that I like to keep notes, that helped the rewind a lot.

278Ag9a.jpg

Cheers,
JP

Hello everyone,

Arguably the best kept secret in March 2020 (perhaps second after a grocery store still stocking toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and flour :biggrin-new:) has been a native conversion of the original Alphasim/Virtiavia F-4 model packs (1, 2, and 3). Both Penz and Postbaer61 have been cooking up some wonderful improvements to this model not only to convert it, but to enhance it. A few of us have been chiming in along the way, but this thread to track the on-going changes to the latest versions, and a place to showcase some simply stunning work done by these gents.

OK. Some basics:

Latest version: v1.2, available here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=24&id=26521

Sim compatibility: Models are FSX and P3DV4.5 compliant; I've been testing in the latter newer sim, so others can comment on the FSX platform. Should work equally well in both.

Which of the original models covered: all models in each of the original 3 packs, with (so far) an extra model in pack 1 (see below). Subject to change, more (see below).

Standalone or extras needed: Thus far, v1.2 is an addon pack. It adds the models (exterior and VC), and panel contents. You'll still need the original FS9 pack for effects, the original paints, sounds, etc. Obviously, there's also various recommended sound packages and scores of repaints that you can add if/as desired. Note, there's a future version underway already, so this is subject to change.

Ok. Now some more detail. Here's what's in each of the packs so far (list adapted from Penz's original):

Pack 1
0: F-4J with 2 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders, 6 Mk 82 bombs and center tank.
1: F-4J with 2 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders, 6 bombs and center tank, alternate configuration.
2: F-4B with 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, and 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders.
3: F-4B with 4 AIM-9 Sidewinders.
4: Extra model F-4D with wing tanks and SUU-23A gun pod
5: Extra model F-4J, clean configuration.
6: Extra model F-4J with 2 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders and center tank

Pack2
0: F-4C with wing tanks.
1: F-4D, same configuration as model 4 in pack 1.
2: F-4E with 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders and wing tanks.
3: F-4E with slatted wings. 2 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders, wing tanks and jamming pod
4: F-4F with wing tanks.
5: F-4EJ with wing tanks.
6: F-4G with AGM-88 HARM, AGM-45 Shrike, ALQ-119 ECM pod and wing tanks.

Pack 3
0: FGR.1 with 2 ballast stores, 2 sidewinders and wing tanks.
1: RF-4E with center and wing tanks.
2: FG.1 with 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, 4 AIM-9 Sidewinders, center and wing tanks.
3: FGR.2 with 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders, gun pod and wing tanks.
4: RF-4C with wing tanks.
5: F.Mk.3 with 2 ballast stores (?), 2x2 wing tanks and travel pod on one of the port wing inner hardpoints.
6: RF-4C with wing tanks and centerline tank.
7: FGR.2 with wing tanks.
8: F-4J(UK) with wing tanks.
9: RF-4E with wing tanks.

More to follow ... :)

dl

So there is a J model in paint pack 1 right? The "J" model had no IRST sensor under the nose. The "B" birds did. That how I can tell them apart.

No surprise with all that hanging off it, you need reheat just to taxi ... :very_drunk:

Looks superb, JP. Sorry to hear about the snag - we're waiting patiently, and appreciate you're wanting to do a good job. Nice illumination cast from the nose gear light.

Thanks again!

dl

So there is a J model in paint pack 1 right? The "J" model had no IRST sensor under the nose. The "B" birds did. That how I can tell them apart.

Yes, there was 2 x J models beforehand, and PJ added a third (model = 6). The B/N USN/USMC had the IRST, while the J/S USN/USMC didn't. There were a whole host of other, even more significant differences across all those models, but you're right, that's the easiest way to tell the B/N models from the J/S models.

As a partial aside, I own the three-book anthology by Andy Evans "F-4 Phantom - Comprehensive Guide for the Modeller" and highly recommend it. They're a moderately detailed overview of all the models, though lack the descriptive and anecdotal depth of say, Robert Prest's "F-4 Phantom, a Pilot's Story".

EDIT - just took a look - they're hard to get these days - upwards of $50 for a used, and into the hundreds per book. Bizarre. I paid around $30 new for each. I've got over 100 aviation books - I had no idea I was sitting on a gold mine! :biggrin-new:

Yes Sir! As a matter of fact, the new "Pack 1" will consist of only those two models, B and J, with selectable loadout, so you should be able to install any original repaint easily.

(Oops, DL beat me to it, haha!).

Oh, and thank you very much Priller! I'm very happy to be back in the groove again. :ernaehrung004:

Cheers,
JP

Showtime 100

We could use another "J" model to add to the collection. This is Randy "Duke" Cunningham's bird. My brother was in this outfit at the time. CDR Cunningham transferred from VF-96 over to
my outfit (VF-154) as the Operations Officer and brought over pictures of his mig kills taken thru gun cameras; one of the first things he did when he checked in at my outfit was hang his mig kill pictures on the ready room walls.
Mc-Donnell-Douglas-F-4-Phantom-II.jpg

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
I found my happy place ! Thanks, Ulrich.

oCWJl0w.jpg

Jp3ECfX.jpg

Uo1raDG.jpg

So, .......now just to populate Lakenheath with some military aircraft and AI traffic (that's not FS9 code) in FSX ...... :tranquillity:

Superb, Ulrich!

Has a week gone by yet? :running:

Just kidding. Looking excellent, and getting better with each screenshot. Is that a transonic vapour cone effect you're demonstrating with the VX-4 shot? That'll be nice!

Yes, i used the rcb miljet gauge as Jafo explained in post #55
but with Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll gauge for P3D v4.5

In panel.cfg...

// --------------------------------------------------- SONIC BOOM

gauge07=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0 // The SonicBoom gauge
gauge08=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 0,0,,, ./gauges/rcb-miljet/COP_Sound.ini // Plays sounds

// -------------------------------------- TRANSONIC VAPOUR CONE EFFECT

In aircraft.cfg /lights...
light.11 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

Back