• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

I found my happy place ! Thanks, Ulrich.
So, .......now just to populate Lakenheath with some military aircraft and AI traffic (that's not FS9 code) in FSX ...... :tranquillity:

Great shots, MZee
Looks you've found the Phantom's heaven
icon23.gif

Looks great Ed
Just a dumb question, Ed
Did you have had a look at the vc textures? ;)
It would be awesome if someone had a look at the VC textures, they could do with a bit of touch up. The next version will only use the Pack 3 VC's, so those would be the primary candidates.

-JP

Please offer P3Dv3.4.22.19868 support. No reason for FSX support anymore there's a lot more using P3Dv3 than FSX.

Please offer P3Dv3.4.22.19868 support. No reason for FSX support anymore there's a lot more using P3Dv3 than FSX.

I'm keeping my FSX on a separate drive due to the large number of addons and ease of use and have absolutely no plans of abandoning it ....... but soon many of us will be on MSFS2020 and starting fresh on a new machine.
It's called progress, I'm afraid. :playful:

Last edited:
Long live FSX!

Well, I would be most obliged should you guys still consider FSX for a while...
There should be some P3D forum somewhere.
I suppose
?
:adoration:

No offense, but that's only your opinion. Those of us (and there are many more than you seem to realize) who use FSX daily will continue to support FSX so I would suggest to you that there are a lot of reasons to support it. I also found your request for support of such a specific version of P3D quite odd to be honest. . . .I don't know of anyone who still uses that version. . .other than you and a few others.

Looks great Ed
Just a dumb question, Ed
Did you have had a look at the vc textures? ;)
I did give it a thought, but I want to see if I can find the same excellent images of the avionics and gauges that I had for the AMX Project. If I start working on it it will be completely new art for everything, not just a few and it won't be done in a week or two, lol.

NOTE: Avialogs has what I need to start anyway. If someone else has already begun or has a huge desire to take this on. . .speak now.

Finished the last model this morning, so now I'm on the home stretch!

Only thing missing now is finishing coding of the weapons gauge, but in order to try and preserve my last remaining bits of sanity I have decided to take the rest of this day off and celebrate my "milestone". :)

The new pack will be a complete package, no longer requiring the original FS9 download.

It will contain the following models, all with configurable loadouts, added specular and bump textures, and other fancy stuff:

F4-B
F4-C
F4-D
F4-E
F4-EJ
F4-E with slatted wings
F4-F
F4-G
F4-J (US)
RF4-C
RF4-E
F4-K
GR.1
GR.2
F4-J (UK Mk.3)

All of these will use improved versions of the original pack3 virtual cockpits - one for the recce models, and one for all the others.
Original repaints can be used without modification, except for adding a "texture.cfg" to the repaint folder.
I have also tried to keep everything as "open" as possible, to allow for further development as required, like for example improved VC textures.

-JP

Only thing missing now is finishing coding of the weapons gauge, but in order to try and preserve my last remaining bits of sanity I have decided to take the rest of this day off and celebrate my "milestone". :)

The new pack will be a complete package, no longer requiring the original FS9 download.

It will contain the following models, all with configurable loadouts, added specular and bump textures, and other fancy stuff:

F4-B
F4-C
F4-D
F4-E
F4-EJ
F4-E with slatted wings
F4-F
F4-G
F4-J (US)
RF4-C
RF4-E
F4-K
GR.1
GR.2
F4-J (UK Mk.3)

All of these will use improved versions of the original pack3 virtual cockpits - one for the recce models, and one for all the others.
Original repaints can be used without modification, except for adding a "texture.cfg" to the repaint folder.
I have also tried to keep everything as "open" as possible, to allow for further development as required, like for example improved VC textures.

-JP
Very grateful for and impressed with your work. Please take a break, you have earned it.

I did give it a thought, but I want to see if I can find the same excellent images of the avionics and gauges that I had for the AMX Project. If I start working on it it will be completely new art for everything, not just a few and it won't be done in a week or two, lol.

NOTE: Avialogs has what I need to start anyway. If someone else has already begun or has a huge desire to take this on. . .speak now.

Hello Ed,
Your masterpieces of new vc textures, would be the icing of the cake.
Sorry that i can not help here much, but i have found some
perhaps useful links to different F-4 panel layouts with pictures from instruments and panels.

http://www.topflightimaging.com/panels.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4b-panel.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4c-panel.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4j-panel.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4m-panel.html

Ulrich

F4-B
F4-C
F4-D
F4-E
F4-EJ
F4-E with slatted wings
F4-F
F4-G
F4-J (US)
RF4-C
RF4-E
F4-K
GR.1
GR.2
F4-J (UK Mk.3)

-JP

Hi JP,
That's great news, you must be a superman, that you can work off so many things in so short time. :applause:
I think a bit of time-out is more than deserved.

Cheers
Uli

Hi JP,
That's great news, you must be a superman, that you can work off so many things in so short time. :applause:
I think a bit of time-out is more than deserved.

Cheers
Uli
Dear Uli!

I am definitely not super in any way, but it is a great inspiration "running in tandem" with you, so I have had to work hard to keep up! :ernaehrung004:
As soon as I finish the weapons gauge, I'll post you a link to the alpha, so you don't get stuck too long because of my slowness.

Cheers,
JP

This is what makes SOH so great! PB61, JP and now Ed working on this beauty...

We're in for a treat!

Priller

Been paying a lot of attention to this thread, although i have the SWS payware model, being a Brit, im very interested in pack 3, i't will be a very long time before payware companys consider the Brit and recon models, probably even never, so your work is much anticipated and appreciated :ernaehrung004:

One thing I'm missing is an afterburner effect that will look good in FSX (with the long flame and the "fire ring" thingys).

The one Ulrich made for P3D sadly doesn't work correctly in FSX, so if anyone should know of a good "tail of fire" effect to use in FSX, I'd love to know.

-JP

One thing I'm missing is an afterburner effect that will look good in FSX (with the long flame and the "fire ring" thingys).

The one Ulrich made for P3D sadly doesn't work correctly in FSX, so if anyone should know of a good "tail of fire" effect to use in FSX, I'd love to know.

-JP
I know what you mean.
I thought there already was an afterburner with it. This one does resemble two bic lighters :biggrin-new:
(This is with P3D V3)

Capture.jpg

Maybe the one TuFun made for the Cloud9 Phantom portover?

I think the files for that portover are to be found here somewhere!

Priller

Back