• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Lockheed Jetstar II

It won't be to long. Finishing real life stuff. Thanks for asking, I love having things such as this to look forward to.

Delta Lima, here is the first rendition of the NASA scheme. Basic but it is a start. More work to do.

View attachment 86328 View attachment 86329 View attachment 86330 View attachment 86331

That’s superb, Tom.

The blues are tricky to get right, and in fact discoloured over time between when the airframe was in service and then on display. I know because I’ve seen it at outdoor air park in SOCAL. It doesn’t help that the bulk of the source material features more photos of it on display than in service.

I think you’ve nailed it, though. I’m thrilled.

Many thanks!!

Daniel

Thunder, while working on the main exit door I found something I don't remember seeing before. Do I have an incorrect model? This is JG_JSII try P3D = Lights 2.mdl dated 11/19/21. Not visible until you get in really close.

Jetstar Door.jpg

Found it in both P3D 4 and 5. Just above the door. You need to be close to see it. Distant shots no problem. I only found it while working with the door lines and rivets.

Rain rail.jpg

Thats the rain rail- If it is raining- door open on airport- upper fuselage water does not drop on important guest like jLo

So correct

Roland

( also today passengerplanes have that )

Wow, who would have thought that some genius would put a rain gutter above the door. The perfect detail of the Jetstar continues to amaze me. Thanks for checking. I should have the NASA uploaded hopefully this evening. Thanks again for checking. Your work is very much appreciated.

Wow, who would have thought that some genius would put a rain gutter above the door. The perfect detail of the Jetstar continues to amaze me. Thanks for checking. I should have the NASA uploaded hopefully this evening. Thanks again for checking. Your work is very much appreciated.

Again,

Great job Tom. Is there any chance of replacing the pilots' shirts with the visible portion of that period's (Apollo / early Shuttle era) flight suit?

https://historical.ha.com/itm/explo...llection-of-nasa-physical-cond/a/6219-50281.s

Not sure if the presence of the "traditional" pilot epaulette texture prevents that, but thought I'd at least ask.

Regardless, it's awesome!

dl

I will check out the pilots uniforms to see what can be done. Do you have any images of the fight uniforms for that period of time. That would help. I will be checking the files for where the pilots textures are this evening.

I found the pilot in textures and if you could send a front image of the uniform from the bottom of the belt up, it should be easy to change the uniform.

Put the NASA uniform on the pilots chests but can't find the arm sleeves. Any ideas which file?

Last edited:
I will check out the pilots uniforms to see what can be done. Do you have any images of the fight uniforms for that period of time. That would help. I will be checking the files for where the pilots textures are this evening.

I found the pilot in textures and if you could send a front image of the uniform from the bottom of the belt up, it should be easy to change the uniform.

Put the NASA uniform on the pilots chests but can't find the arm sleeves. Any ideas which file?

Hi Tom,

I’m away from my pc so I can’t check the textures to answer your first question. I’ll check tomorrow night.

As to the flight suits themselves, the link I gave is representative of NASA flight suits from the 70s to mid 80s, which would have been what NASA test pilots wore on board non-high altitude planes like the Jetstar. Obviously, YF-12, U-2/ER-2, etc flights would have been done with David Clark pressure suits.

Here’s an EBay listing of a replica suit from the latter end of that period before they went to the 90s and onwards royal blue flight suits. Very similar to the Apollo era flight suit in my earlier link. Hope this helps:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324473792868?hash=item4b8c252964:g:x8kAAOSwZ51gGhO4

A big thanks. I’ll try to figure out the missing texture tomorrow night, unless someone beats me to it.

Daniel

Dan, I found the perfect flight suit used by NASA and have that installed. The both arms of the pilots appear to be on another file. There are four white areas in the pilot file but adding the blue color to those didn't do the trick. I have check most if not all the other files in texture but so far no luck. Should be an easy change once I know where the sleeves are. The new pilots do add a lot.

Dan, I found the perfect flight suit used by NASA and have that installed. The both arms of the pilots appear to be on another file. There are four white areas in the pilot file but adding the blue color to those didn't do the trick. I have check most if not all the other files in texture but so far no luck. Should be an easy change once I know where the sleeves are. The new pilots do add a lot.

That's awesome Tom! Yes, while the white shirt and epaulettes serve the regular civilian applications well enough, I'm sure your suit fix will add that extra bit of immersion. I'll look tonight at the files to see if I can help.

Many kind thanks!

dl

Hi Tom,

I took a look at the pilot_t texture and I assumed the white blocks above/around the shirt were the sleeves. Is that not the case?

dl

I changed all the white blocks to the color with no effect. I used MCX to try to isolate where they are. The results show the sleeves are in a different file. I will start looking again with every single file. Time consuming as they need to go through DXTBmp to see them. Ideas from enyone are welcome.

Hello

I used the model where Rikoooo ammended the flicker and made the FO ADI visible
On that I made now the Yoke to be shut on and off

P3D Tested in P3D Model.P3D7R

https://we.tl/t-EKrdcZVXfX

You move the correct model into you plane directory
you copy your external model in
you edit the model cfg and add your external model
You chnage the name of model ( model=P3D7R /P3D) in aircraft.cfg

Then you can fly&try after loading coming from annother airplane
( you klick whhel under Pilots Yoke )

Best regards

Roland

Attachments

• 2022-2-17_15-52-32-742.jpg
    2022-2-17_15-52-32-742.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 2022-2-17_15-52-35-498.jpg
    2022-2-17_15-52-35-498.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 30
Hello

https://we.tl/t-EKrdcZVXfX

You move the correct model into you plane directory
you copy your external model in
you edit the model cfg and add your external model
You chnage the name of model ( model=P3D7R /P3D) in aircraft.cfg

Then you can fly&try after loading coming from annother airplane
( you klick whhel under Pilots Yoke )

Best regards

Roland
Roland, if Rikoooo can work on the source files, please ask him to use the ones I included in the file you got. Both the exterior and interior source files are updated and reworked. The ones I am seeing are the ones that where from FS9.

I am amazed at what all of you have accomplished.. please keep up the great work. Looking forward to a MSFS2020 version 

Best

Jim

Terrific improvement - thanks Roland.

Back