• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!!

Hi everybody,

fresh FSUIPC, started MVAMS at first but still no glory ( crash at 80% flight loading).
I've noticed in the " DH2 Beaver Milviz " folder a XML Tools installer ( to run as administrator).

I've not tried but do you think that it could fix our problems ?

Thanks a lot Lucame

Hi everybody,

fresh FSUIPC, started MVAMS at first but still no glory ( crash at 80% flight loading).
I've noticed in the " DH2 Beaver Milviz " folder a XML Tools installer ( to run as administrator).

I've not tried but do you think that it could fix our problems ?

Thanks a lot Lucame
XML tools allows the airplane to use additional coding for gauges, animations, etc. but it won't fix what ails it if the model won't display. That's an easy way to tell that it won't work in that sim, lol

I wonder if there's a Blackbird/Milviz staff member registered here at SOH that could clarify everything, ok, they did a big thing sharing free of charge their old products but it would not have been a great effort writing a simple explanation
about the correct sim platform for each single addon ... My 2 cents :loyal:

As you can see below, I can confirm the Beaver works in FSX Steam Edition. I don't have problems with MVAMS, you can see I removed the spinner and added cargo, without problems. (I haven't tried the expansion package yet).

However the model seems to consume a lot of memory as my PC ran out of memory on several occasions when I was flying the Beaver.

Cheers,
Huub

cv0QX5J.jpg

Beaver is flying !!

After the post of Huub I've cleaned my FSX folder and now I've have this beautiful plane: it was just a memory problem...:banghead:

A big thank you to all ! Lucame

Prior to Blackbird/Milviz withdrawing their FSX & P3D aircraft off the market there was a PC-6 for both FSX & P3D.

In the freebies selection there's only a PC-6 for P3D v4 & v5.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could get the PC-6 for FSX please.

Thanks for any help.

Pete.

Milvis' PC-6 was only P3D 64bit. They never developed an FSX version. It was one of the first aircraft they released after shutting down the FSX stuff. I remember being very disappointed when they announced it would only be P3D 64bit.

Dave

I bought the Turbo Otter shortly before OBIX stopped selling it. Massive resource hog on my system. Got an out of memory error in the middle of nowhere. Let alone somewhere built up. I usually only get an out of memory issue in places like Orbix London UK flying a complex Carenado plane

MILVIZ Freebie Frustration

Very generous gesture by MILVIZ of course - thank you!

However, it may be me or my PC but almost all of the 10 or so aircraft I downloaded refuse to start from cold & dark. The C310R rights side engine starts but not the left (Ctrl +E needed). The Beaver, Porter, Twinkie all turn over, but don't catch. There must be a catch! Think I got the F4U finally to start correctly. But then it is a wobbly goblin aloft. DOH! The plane I was most expecting problems from - the King Air 350 - is surprisingly issue free and a joy to fly. Go figure.

The F-4 Phantom is a whole other story and will comment on a different thread started on that one. Very grateful for all these but honestly glad now I didn't buy some of them. For me, perhaps over engineered. Not a Tac-Packer so could do without the key assignment configurator, etc. Freeware so rarely disappoints!

I also appreciate MilViz' gracious gifts.

I have been, overall, very pleased with the 310R and Baron(s) in P3D4.5. However, I have had a couple of noticeable "gripes" so far.

I have Flown the 310R and E55 Baron quite a bit. Overall they are marvelous. However I still have no night interior lighting in the 310R no matter what I have tried by searching the web. I finally resorted to using the Lorbi flashlight utility in flood mode which at least lets me fly the 310 at night (by the way - a great freeware utility!).

Second, the Baron(s). The download provides both the B55 and the upgraded E55. The specs are right on but the exterior models appear to be identical (share the same textures in fact) but the E55 should have air scoops on top of the nacelles due to the bigger 285 hp Continentals.

However they are pleasant to fly after a few personal tweaks, and so I will quit complaining and just enjoy having them!

I've been in touch with one of the guys at Blackbird Sims regarding the PC-6 for FSX.

Here's his reply ....

" Lots of stuff may or may not be listed on the freebies page but if you look in the old forums you can find a download etc.

http://milviz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=215

PS: if you had a previous log in there , make sure you log out or you can't see everything. "

I've now got the PC-6 installed and flying in my FSX:SE.

Pete.

I've been in touch with one of the guys at Blackbird Sims regarding the PC-6 for FSX.

Here's his reply ....

" Lots of stuff may or may not be listed on the freebies page but if you look in the old forums you can find a download etc.

http://milviz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=215

PS: if you had a previous log in there , make sure you log out or you can't see everything. "

I've now got the PC-6 installed and flying in my FSX:SE.

Pete.
Well, that got me lost for a few minutes. Still didn't find a download for the FSX PC-9. Initial link said I wasn't allowed to read the forum despite being registered and logged in.

I have recovered the PC6 for FSX (V1.10 0190816) , it was installed well but when choosing the PC-6: irrecurable error and FSX closes!:banghead:
Do you have an idea?
Thanks

Alain
-

Still looking for the PA-30 Twin Comanche for FSX. All links lead to empty folders ........ Anyone have any luck with this one for FSX ?

Back