• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Not the off colours for sure. Someone emailed me pointing this out. He then sent another email saying the stock paints are the same. THAT was the moment I finally cracked. If anyone has the answer...I don't care. :biggrin-new:
Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't be returning to this place. :biggrin-new:

I've been doing some experimenting with your paints and think I've come across the cause of the problem. It's related to how the new model handles the Alpha Channel on the two ext files.

At first I thought it was due to the difference in the Alpha Channels between the original Beaver_ext file and the Beaver_ext_2 file. Despite adjusting and playing with that on both files, I got nowhere until I removed the Alpha Channel (and shine) completely. Since your original paints had a very dark Alpha Channel, no matter what I did to adjust the new files I couldn't get things to match. At the moment I have the Alpha Channel for both files set at 200 and it looks pretty good.

Anyways, I'll do some more experimenting as time permits.

Gunnar-

Would you please provide an update on N9028? I've been waiting for the BASIC re-do with the new paint-kit... i.e. non-STOL, non-tundra... you had mentioned something about re-working the interior as well...?

TIA- Carl

Update for the basic models (amphib). The download contains modified interiorcolors for the N5CC and N9028. You will also find N5CC liveries for the straight floats/straight floats STOL models inside the zip.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/rlj04u

Has anyone found a way of creating a matte finish propeller spinner, rather than the chrome one (I'll even settle for semi-gloss)?!

Also, can anyone shed some light on these oddities within the engine cowl? It looks like the UVW mapping is screwed up. Does anyone know where these are to be found on the texture sheet?

36726260562_b9559815b9_o.jpg

Many thanks

Andy

Stumbled across the answer today. The item in question is located in the top right quadrant of 'beaver_ext.dds'. The left one is the corrupted part.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• engine 2.jpg
    engine 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 31
  • engine 3.jpg
    engine 3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 30
Whats happened....?

Is it fair to say that all the original 3rd party paints for this aircraft have gone "bye, bye".......?

Such a pitty. There were some great paints. :sorrow:

All repaints can be made to be 'functional' with file 'beaver_ext_2.dds' added to the texture folder. Ron Attwood provided these files for his outstanding repaints in #215 above. Jankees is busy at the moment but has said updates for his fine repaints are coming eventually. One can always use copy and paste to build up the 'ext_2' file for any paint. The reason I wrote 'functional' is because it is a different file structure than the main 'ext' file, so colour and shine matching are challenging.

All repaints can be made to be 'functional' with file 'beaver_ext_2.dds' added to the texture folder. Ron Attwood provided these files for his outstanding repaints in #215 above. Jankees is busy at the moment but has said updates for his fine repaints are coming eventually. One can always use copy and paste to build up the 'ext_2' file for any paint. The reason I wrote 'functional' is because it is a different file structure than the main 'ext' file, so colour and shine matching are challenging.

I tried those "new" ones from Ron but i still get the black control surfaces on the starboard side....!!?

Oh well....

I tried those "new" ones from Ron but i still get the black control surfaces on the starboard side....!!?

Oh well....

Make sure that you are using a model from the expansion pack. These models will require the files: Beaver_ext_2.bmp/Beaver_floats_v2.bmp/Beaver_ext_wing_2.bmp (or at least the first one of these files). Make sure that these files are painted to match the new livery.
The file "Beaver_ext.bmp" is the only file that you should copy from the basic Beaver model, as this file is similar to the ones used by the models from the expansion pack.

Make sure that you are using a model from the expansion pack. These models will require the files: Beaver_ext_2.bmp/Beaver_floats_v2.bmp/Beaver_ext_wing_2.bmp (or at least the first one of these files). Make sure that these files are painted to match the new livery.
The file "Beaver_ext.bmp" is the only file that you should copy from the basic Beaver model, as this file is similar to the ones used by the models from the expansion pack.

Sorry you have totally confused the S*#T of me!?!?

The only thing I get from this is that the original 3rd party paints you can not use because I have to "Make sure that you are using a model from the expansion pack" which is different from the original pack....yes?

:dejection:

Jankees is busy at the moment but has said updates for his fine repaints are coming eventually.

Eventually indeed. Sitting in Singapore at this moment, waiting for my flight to Darwin.
Back in two weeks and then, slowly, I'll get started on updating the Beavers. Can you hold on for another month?

Eventually indeed. Sitting in Singapore at this moment, waiting for my flight to Darwin.
Back in two weeks and then, slowly, I'll get started on updating the Beavers. Can you hold on for another month?

can you make sure you dont put petrol in my car the next few days, she wont run to well with due to the fact she doesnt have spark plugs , ill will talk you sunday, enjoy the next few days

Sorry you have totally confused the S*#T of me!?!?

The only thing I get from this is that the original 3rd party paints you can not use because I have to "Make sure that you are using a model from the expansion pack" which is different from the original pack....yes?

:dejection:

I assume that you want liveries from the first Beaver release to be visible on models from the recent release - the expansion pack? (I may be wrong).
There's a difference between the models from the first release and the models from the second (expansion pack). The models from the expansion pack requires more texture files to show up correct.
If these files (Beaver_ext_2.dds/Beaver_floats_v2.dds/Beaver_ext_wing_2.dds) are not present in the texture folder, you will experience black surfaces as the model do not find these textures.

It is possible to import liveries from the first release to the models of the expansion pack. But if you are not familiar with repainting models, you should leave this task to the author of the livery that you want to import :adoration:

Paintkit

I read this entire thread and I see it's cooled right off. There's a certain amount confusion here, is there a paintkit available for this plane available anywhere? I know Milviz doesn't have one available and I have no idea where I might find one. :(

A rodent showdown at Jekyll Island!
DHC-2 Beaver Amphibian by MilViz with a repaint based on my N1621 at flightsim. 09J Jekyll Island, Georgia airport scenery and squirrel, Land’s End SeaPlanes “East Coast Tours & Cargo” Scenery for FSX by Chris “MoCat” Carel.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Showdown.jpg
    Showdown.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 72
Here is a repaint i am doing. Should be ready for download within the next week.:very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk:
Its was not made for the beaver, but looks good so far.

'Beaver_53-7918.zip' at Flightsim.
In Vietnam 1968-69 according to Neil Aird's Beaver web site.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 53-7918.jpg
    53-7918.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 71
I saw this post and realised I never updated my beaver paints, but why are the new parts a different color in the sim? Ah, it seems the new textures do not support a shiny alpha...nothing I can do then I fear..

jk3065.jpg

jk3066.jpg

Back