• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Hi Ron,

I am getting a little old and dumb...grin.

I can't get this installed. Can you give me any more instructions?

Thanks,

Tom

Take two aspirin and see me tomorrow if you don't feel better. :very_drunk:

You DID read the README? The only thing I can find wrong is I started the sentence ' Change the 'XX' to the next consecutive number.' with a lower case c.

Can you be more specific?

Take two aspirin and see me tomorrow if you don't feel better. :very_drunk:

You DID read the README? The only thing I can find wrong is I started the sentence ' Change the 'XX' to the next consecutive number.' with a lower case c.

Can you be more specific?

Hi Ron,

I always read the "Read Me" first, but as I said I am a little slow. I have the .cfg file in the right place. but something else is missing as the plane does not show up in the files when I try to load it.

Sorry for being a pest,

Tom

You've added the necessary lines from Ron's readme to the Beaver's aircraft.cfg? Once you've done that don't forget to change the fltsim.xx to fltsim.6 or 7 or 8 (whatever the next number in line would be)

BTW, Ron - awesome paint!

Hi guys
Would really
attachment.php
attachment.php
like this repaint if possible

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• VH-WOZ.jpg
    VH-WOZ.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 24
  • 264.jpg
    264.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 24
You've added the necessary lines from Ron's readme to the Beaver's aircraft.cfg? Once you've done that don't forget to change the fltsim.xx to fltsim.6 or 7 or 8 (whatever the next number in line would be)

BTW, Ron - awesome paint!

I did that also.

Thanks,

Tom

Timmy I will upload these later this week, Im just going over the P3D v4 update to make sure its all lining up

2017-6-14_21-51-12-570.png

2017-6-14_21-54-48-132.png

I did that also.

Thanks,

Tom

:icon_idea: This just happened to me. Did you run the update AFTER installing the paint? If you did, Milviz helpfully replaces the aircraft.cfg with a basic one. I usually make a backup of aircraft.cfgs but I failed miserably this time! That's my best shot.

On the subject of FLOATS! Several people have, quite rightly, drawn my attention to the difference between the two floats on P2-HOR. I've tried to rectify it but Milviz' paint kit makes it nigh on impossible to do a proper job. If your paint calls for 'unkempt, scruffy, dirty and unwashed' then no problem. The trouble lies with the Beaver_ext_float.dds. In the paint kit the scum is baked on leaving one float, which is on the main Beaver_ext texture, nice and....Well it just sucks!

Here endeth the ramblings of a frustrated old git.

I've taken the Float version off my MediaFire and replaced it with a wheeled version. HERE

On the subject of FLOATS! Several people have, quite rightly, drawn my attention to the difference between the two floats on P2-HOR. I've tried to rectify it but Milviz' paint kit makes it nigh on impossible to do a proper job. If your paint calls for 'unkempt, scruffy, dirty and unwashed' then no problem. The trouble lies with the Beaver_ext_float.dds. In the paint kit the scum is baked on leaving one float, which is on the main Beaver_ext texture, nice and....Well it just sucks!

Here endeth the ramblings of a frustrated old git.

I've taken the Float version off my MediaFire and replaced it with a wheeled version. HERE

Hello Ron,

Sorry I did not notice the standard Milviz floats?! After yours, I went back and byjingobycrikey the Milviz ones have it too!!!

I am quite happy with yours as she is (OEM) and thank you again for that paint.

Cheers,
Tim.

THanks Guys!

just wanted to reach out with a quick word of appreciation for Ron and Matt and the guys doing these repaints. Hope you are able to keep them coming.

Gunnar, Matt, Ron, thank you very much !
Ron, OK, now I have a wheel, and a float version, love it!
LOL
Sue

Thank you very much Matt. Will these paints fit the "cargo" version at all?

Cheers,
Tim.

Yes timmy it also works on the cargo version (model.1)

Im in the process of doing the floats for the Antarctic survey scheme 003, however with the 7 new pins in the right shoulder, im restricted to short periods with the mouse at any given time

A cri de coeur. I'm just now putting the last bits and pieces on this:

attachment.php

If you've seen the real one you'll know it has a red spinner. But I CAN'T FIND IT! :redfire:

Yes there is a circle bottom right which has a grey layer over it. Remove the layer and it looks chromey. I made a red layer ABOVE the grey layer. Now you'd think that would do it, no?

This is it in P3D:

attachment.php

I've tried the spinner part in the floats PSD no luck.

Please throw me a bone!

Attachments

• usaf-wip.jpg
    usaf-wip.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 15
  • ingame_beaver.jpg
    ingame_beaver.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 14
Back