• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

What spinner, Ron??

DSC00176_zpsgmoph0xg.jpg

DSC00174_zpsriyuizxk.jpg

Sorry, different aircraft. :banghead:

Last edited:
What are you saying, that I should redo the paint? SFH! That's not even the same aircraft. It's N779XP
Nope. Don't change a thing. My bad. I didn't realize they were two different aircraft. How dumb of me. That's what happens when I've been dealing with banking issues all morning. Just consider the latest shots as a possible future repaint. So sorry about that. I owe you a cold one. :very_drunk:

The black spinner shows in the Soul Made Simulations X-Plane Beaver, but not when the repaint is applied to the Milviz version in FSX. Something that is buried 'deep within' perhaps? Good luck with it Ron!

SMS DHC-2 repaint by 'SwedgeHouse'.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• SMS.jpg
    SMS.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 13
  • FSX.jpg
    FSX.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 14
Would someone be able to do N2MD? My son loved this plane when we saw it at Anoka. And it's an actual amphib hehe.

I've got a few more pictures/angles of it (plus there's a lot on the web). The red is a pretty bright what I'd call Cherry red - and the plane is well maintained so it's quite shiny!

If I can make my peace with the paint kit and it reveals where the bloody spinner is I may well do some more. At the moment I have the ache with Milviz.

These all look lovely. Have MilViz fixed the mapping of port and starboard ailerons and flaps?

If you're referring to the ailerons going down when you lower the flaps and vice versa, that is correct. They call them 'flaperons'. If it's not what you meant, then hush my mouth. :untroubled:

I'm talking about the UVW mapping, which is standing in the way of so many repaints, hence the lack of them

I just uploaded the three above. There are still a few small errors, somehow I painted the steps black, but I can't find it anymore, if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll post an update later. And I can't find the prop textures, VH-AAO should have a black prop, but the prop texture in the paintkit doesn't seem to do much. Here too, if anyone knows where it's hidden?
I hope you'll like them as they are, since my next fieldtrip is just round the corner, touring Germany with 50 students, so no time to tinker further.

And I can't find the prop textures, VH-AAO should have a black prop, but the prop texture in the paintkit doesn't seem to do much. Here too, if anyone knows where it's hidden?

It looks like the prop blade textures are in the file called cessnaT50_ext_07_diffuse.dds.

I also noticed that on the right door of VH-AAO the Beaver logo is missing.

PS: There are no VH-AAO textures in the uploaded zip, only screenies and readme. Two other repaints are ok.

These all look lovely. Have MilViz fixed the mapping of port and starboard ailerons and flaps?

Im using the P3Dv4 model for painting, so Im not sure, the last time I painted it was during its beta stages and I never looked at the initial release candidate

It looks like the prop blade textures are in the file called cessnaT50_ext_07_diffuse.dds.

I also noticed that on the right door of VH-AAO the Beaver logo is missing.

PS: There are no VH-AAO textures in the uploaded zip, only screenies and readme. Two other repaints are ok.

Thank you!
I've uploaded a new version of VH-AAO, now with textures and black prop.

and something else I'm working on:

but that will have to wait until my return I fear..

still looking for several bits and pieces, who knows where all the brackets for the flaps are??

and I thought I'd do a different registration for the one without floats:

I just uploaded the three above. There are still a few small errors, somehow I painted the steps black, but I can't find it anymore, if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll post an update later. And I can't find the prop textures, VH-AAO should have a black prop, but the prop texture in the paintkit doesn't seem to do much. Here too, if anyone knows where it's hidden?
I hope you'll like them as they are, since my next field trip is just round the corner, touring Germany with 50 students, so no time to tinker further.

attachment.php

Check out the Window remap layers, toggling shows up the step. Actually it just one upright and the tread piece. The other bits are.....I forget!

I read somewhere that the props texture is (you'll love this :biggrin-new:) cessnaT50_ext_07_diffuse.dds

He seemed pretty sure.

A small victory for me. I finally got someone to admit, over at Milviz, you can't paint the spinner. I'm starting to hate this paint kit.

EDIT: Just saw you plea for hinges. They are scattered like confetti. I painstakingly use the larey coloured layers to track them down. Four layers (one for each quarter of the texture) each one quartered in lime green etc. What am I saying? Teaching my grandmother to suck eggs!

Attachments

• steps.jpg
    steps.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 34
Back