• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Amphibian C-FRBB just about ready to go. A main goal was to see if the float nose gear assembly could be restored, and the answer is ‘yes’ - but at a cost. The Milviz Beaver had its origins in the SoulMade Simulations DHC-2 made for X-Plane a couple years back. The new textures by Milviz are very much improved and result in an excellent ‘second generation’ model of this aircraft. Unfortunately, during the transition, the nose gear disappeared into the black background. This repaint is made up of modified pieces from the Milviz N5CC and N9028 paints that were copied and pasted on an SMS texture. This was a very time consuming and tedious task, as care had to be taken not to obliterate the desired parts which are scattered about everywhere. The good news is the nose gear is showing, but the bad news is a number of the newer Milviz details are not. The best solution, in my opinion, is a compromise. Carefully copy and paste the 5 main nose gear assembly components to at least get those parts showing, and just accept the black bolt heads and their surroundings.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• float compromise.jpg
    float compromise.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 13
  • C-FRBB 2-9.jpg
    C-FRBB 2-9.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 14
  • C-FRBB 2-2.jpg
    C-FRBB 2-2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 15
aaah, those door hinges, still trying to find them. I found only parts so far. Why can't they all be together, preferably in a logical order? Same for lots of other details, I agree Ron, some of the detail feels a bit too much. Who decided it was a good idea to make the doors a different size? I have a few paints that are nearly done, but still hang on those hinges and/or doors, this apart from tow ropes that became black suddenly. I'll get back to them, well, later I guess. But it's good to see Gunnar ignoring the hinges as well...

I don't know how you go about finding needles in haystacks but what I do is to make four layers. Each one is a quarter of the page. Each quarter is then divided into four quarters with a different garish colour in each. I then make one of them visible and save. Look at the result. If the bit you're looking for shows up in said garish colour you've narrowed your search. If not, repeat with another quarter until you find the little bleeder! Some/most of the bits are so tiny you may well have to resize the quarter. So if you discover tiny bit in a purple section, resize into to purple section until you have....I'm sure you get the picture.

@Pierre, you'd do well to adopt a similar strategy. If the pipe is the first thing you can't find I guarantee you won't finish the paint!

Either that or you'll be back here for every nut and bolt.(And they ARE done individually!)

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you Gunnar, it's just a detail but ... step by step … [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ron, I'll remember your (colourful) tip, actually I did it but piece by piece, it's not enough and quite boring. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Up to now my " work "is just a kind of training, I don't know up to where I'will arrive.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I also deeply appreciate the job done by all of those painters of talent who regularily enrich our hangars.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Pierre[/FONT]

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

NW Seaplanes operate out of Friday Harbour and Vancouver. N67681 is likely to be my last Beaver unless they make a paint kit that doesn't try to kill you!

MediaFire if you're interested. AVSIM soonish.

Attachments

• nwseaplane1.jpg
    nwseaplane1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
  • nwseaplane2.jpg
    nwseaplane2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 16
  • nwseaplane3.jpg
    nwseaplane3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 16
Jeansy and JanKees, thanks for the Aussie repaints for the MV Beaver. I said it was what it would take to ditch the default and go to MILVIZ. Thanks all.

If anybody has the inclination or the time at some stage to do these Beavers, it would be appreciated. If your an Aussie fan no prizes for quessing who but it is Qantas, Qantas and Fiji Airways.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Qantas Beaver Floats.jpg
    Qantas Beaver Floats.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Qantas Beaver Wheels.jpg
    Qantas Beaver Wheels.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 17
  • VQ-FAA Fiji Airways.jpg
    VQ-FAA Fiji Airways.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 16
Ron, lovely choice...
is thier any chance you could up date the floats on your US Air Force versions... so they match

attachment.php

as you know one is clean and new and one is weathered...

either is good...

Thanks you for your work

DC

attachment.php

NW Seaplanes operate out of Friday Harbour and Vancouver. N67681 is likely to be my last Beaver unless they make a paint kit that doesn't try to kill you!

Attachments

• 2017-6-30_5-58-12-63.jpg
    2017-6-30_5-58-12-63.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 29
Milviz cleverly made the paint kit with one float on the main sheet and the other float on a separate sheet. Unfortunately the 'muck' is baked on in the second sheet and it can be disabled on the main sheet (with me so far?) Now if the 'muck' in enabled on sheet one the whole aircraft is covered in it and it's not a dirty plane. I think if you check other paints you'll find they'll have the same problem. I wont be doing any more floatplanes. If I do any more they'll be wheeled.

Hey! Wait a minute! I didn't do a float version of the U.S. Air Force one.

yes, these were high on my list! All I need is time...

Great. I look forward to some JanKees masterpieces to add to my humble collection. To turn to an earlier discussion I never saw Beavers in Australia in the early days probably not up until the late 1980's that had spinners on the props, interesting, but they were quite common everywhere else. A bit of trivia, I spoke to an old engineer he said it was because the spinners cracked around the fixing screw holes and it was easier to leave them off than keep fixing them.

Back