• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

A huge thank you goes out to all the painters whom have contributed to the MV Beaver!

Thank you.

One thing -if I may ask again- is.....would any one be kind enough to do ZK-BVR which I posted in the opening post?

Regards,
Tim.

Preparing the arrival of the "Floats"

This is a WIP as a draft to be transferred as soon as the add-on will be available.

attachment.php

Pierre

Attachments

• 2017-07-11_194503.jpg
    2017-07-11_194503.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 35
Gunnar does that mean you have completed the work you had to do on the STOL kit.

Are you the person who will,or has,updated the paint kit?

Cheers Chris

The exterior textures for the N9028 w/STOL kit are finished. I am now working on the VC and panel colors for this aircraft. And yes, I made a revised version of the paint kit for the Beaver ext. pack.
This paint kit does not feature any textures for the interior. I had to work on the original files that are not layered.

Here's the N9028 with STOL kit
a.jpg

Well, nuts..

Looks like I have to dump all these great repaints due to the changes in the latest Beaver version.

Anyone planning to update their repaints (when the updated paint kit is released)? Sure like to military ones. :very_drunk:

Im holding off on uploading the paints and doing anymore at the moment,

plus there is going to be a change with the paintkit/model shortly, and Im not going upload then re upload the same thing, I dont want it to be another ####fight like it was with another developers model no that long ago

Everyone was pre warned, I did say something a while back on the 4th of June , theres not point whinging about....

It was well publicised that a new version was coming with different UVW mapping... and therefore paints made in the meantime would be of no use in the long term, which is why so few were available to date for such a popular aircraft.

Personally I didn't bother to download any, let alone start making my own, precisely because of this.

CF-LRS is a stand-alone follow-up repaint based on my earlier C-FRBB and is intended primarily once again for the amphibian, but is useable on all Standard and Spray 'n Play variants. There are some small changes in the paint scheme and the callsign is fictional. C-FRBB can be updated using the 'Beaver_ext_2.dds' file from this one.
In 1974, Canadian aircraft identification was changed from CF-xxx (xxx = 3 letters) to C-Fxxx and C-Gxxx. CF-xxx can still be used on 'vintage aircraft' built before 1957, so this Beaver is good for the present or for the good old days.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

This is just so wrong - like wearing a tuxedo to dig a ditch or shovel the snow. But it works, and it's fun!
attachment.php

Attachments

• CF-LRS Amphibian.jpg
    CF-LRS Amphibian.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 19
  • CF-LRS STOL Tundra.jpg
    CF-LRS STOL Tundra.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 18
  • CF-LRS STOL Float.jpg
    CF-LRS STOL Float.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 18
  • CF-LRS Cropduster.jpg
    CF-LRS Cropduster.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 18
Everyone was pre warned, I did say something a while back on the 4th of June , theres not point whinging about....
YEP, that was a serious cluster with the other one (Which we both know about). The repaints that I used for that one were not updated by their creator either so the whole point of the exercise saw me return to another model of the same bird altogether. A total pain in the a.$#

I have not installed the update because of the repaints I have (and some of you have made). Actually, what is it that I loose?

So, why is no one taking on repaints of the latest Beaver version? I thought Milviz created their latest update in response from painters who requested it.

I'm definitely confused.

So, why is no one taking on repaints of the latest Beaver version? I thought Milviz created their latest update in response from painters who requested it

I am as fast as I can, and have no doubt others are too. There are only so many hours in a day though and soooo much to do!

Back