• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Yes, it wasn't easy to find them. But why are those ropes different colors??

That's how Colin likes them. :biggrin-new:

It's hard to say, there are so many layers named Layer56 etc all of them with some kind of 'attribute' and scarcely any way to find out what they do. You lose the will to live.

Amazing detail in the Milviz DHC-2

Just a couple of screenshots of JanKees Qantas paint for the Milviz Beaver. First flight in this as a floatplane and I was taken by the attention to detail, namely the grab ropes on the underside of the wing in flight and after landing, they move about in the airflow like the real thing. Now there is a touch in design and animation I have never seen before.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• tn_2017-7-3_13-53-17-212.jpg
    tn_2017-7-3_13-53-17-212.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 16
  • tn_2017-7-3_13-56-42-509.jpg
    tn_2017-7-3_13-56-42-509.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
To do JanKees paint justice change the line in the aircraft.cfg 'model=' to model=1. That way you'll see the detail of the 'Qantas' which won't be wiped out by the window. :)

Love the reflection in the water! :adoration:

To do JanKees paint justice change the line in the aircraft.cfg 'model=' to model=1. That way you'll see the detail of the 'Qantas' which won't be wiped out by the window. :)

Love the reflection in the water! :adoration:

Thanks for the advice I was wondering about that issue, back to the readme.

That little improvement seems to have come about after I installed Steves DX10 Fixer but later uninstalled it for reasons relating to my video card not the Fixer, i bumped up the water level in the FSX menu to 2.0x but not high with no hit in frame rates (well modest) and I left in the force VCCockpit Shadows in the FSX.cfg.It is DX9 only with REX water and cloud textures. I can only surmise that somehow the shader texture files are still being used or something but there has also been an amazing change in the VC of some older legacy aircraft (like the JBK Flying Boats) all of a sudden the cockpits and a lot of other textures instead of remaining flat have changed to show a depth and clarity I have not seen before. Bonus.

Milviz DHC-2 (U-2) Beaver in United States Naval Test Pilot

Many small defects but … ; - )) To br uploaded very soon​
The painting was made with the help of DXT2BMP and Paint Shop Pro v4.0 (edited in 1997 ! - No layer composer available) on a simple 23" screen.​

So please do not zoom or close up to much this is just the work (really ; - )) of an amateur​
Btw : I cannot color the pitot tube nor the step (where on the sheet ?).

Attachments

• 2017-07-04_202902.jpg
    2017-07-04_202902.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2017-07-04_203024.jpg
    2017-07-04_203024.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2
Damn me! I have just this minute put the final touches to that same aircraft! Great minds eh?

I am in the throes of doing some screenshots.

In the meantime download this picture(the forum wont let you see the full sized one.)I honestly cant remember if there was one more piece, but I've marked the ones I can remember! The little dots are the ends of the bottom rung, I mean, for God's sake!

[url]http://www.finnglish.co.uk/scrns/steps.jpg

[/URL]EDIT: I found it! If you've already looked at the screenie, look again!

yes, these were high on my list! All I need is time...

JanKees much appreciated. This was a fascinating time in the Qantas story, because of various deals done in OZ, Qantas was restricted to, or other carriers were forbidden by Australian law, to international operations only, which covered a lot of stuff, including offshore Australian Islands. In that process they collected or bought a lot of different aircraft to do this particularly in PNG, so they ended up with PBY Catalinas, DC-3's Beavers, Otters, Shorts Sandringhams at the same time they were going full bore with the Constellation and well on their way to going the 707 route. Like all politics it was then decided that these places were now domestic and the routes handed over to Ansett and the newly formed TAA, the rest is history. Qantas kept the DC-4's, phased out the Connies and went to the 707 which they later supplemented with the L-188 Electra. They never did domestic again until they were handed TAA-Australian Airlines on a plate and it became Qantas domestic, the wheel turned full circle.

As for Fiji Airways well Qantas had a big stake in that company with the Fijian Government so they had a knack of offloading aeroplanes to Fiji Airways, the Beaver and the DC-3 come to mind.

It was an exciting time to be involved in aviation the pace of change was simply amazing. Now they are all spam tubes with all encompassing electronics running everything and 1000 page manuals to digest to boot.

Hello Ron,

Very good job as you always do.

Anyway I had a good training, the more with such an awful paint sheet !

Tanks for the tips about steps and pitot.
May I add - if you didn't find it yet - the cavity of the landing lights seems to be red (orange) also and there is the palce on the sheet.

attachment.php

Pierre

Attachments

• 2017-07-05_091350.jpg
    2017-07-05_091350.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 34
Mind your toes! I don't mean to tread on them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Should you like it, it's on my MediaFire now or on AVSIM soon..ish.

Attachments

• usn35a.jpg
    usn35a.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 19
  • usn35b.jpg
    usn35b.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
  • usn35c.jpg
    usn35c.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 17
  • usn35d.jpg
    usn35d.jpg