• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3d v6

I'm inclined to consider the Professional option, but that's just me thinking outside the box.
The current V5 release is giving me the irrits, strange distortions all over the place and nothing seems to be sorting things out.
Short of a fresh install I'm out of ideas and the temptation to dive in the deep end with V6 Pro version is tempting.
Mutter mutter.......:banghead:

This video was created by a new member to our team who will be assisting us as we develop P3D V5 and eventually V6. He’s very responsive to questions and I encourage folks to reach out via the links in the presentation.

I emulated all the changes he made and the one think that was hosed was the blank preview screen

P3D.jpg

If I revert to a older setting then the blank aircraft preview screen issue is moot.

I used a Nvidia GEFORCE RTX 3060 12 GB memory GPU.

So somewhere in one or more of the setting in P3D the blank preview screen went blank.

This video was created by a new member to our team who will be assisting us as we develop P3D V5 and eventually V6. He’s very responsive to questions and I encourage folks to reach out via the links in the presentation.

I emulated all the changes he made and the one thing that was hosed was the blank preview screen

P3D.jpg

If I revert to a older setting then the blank aircraft preview screen issue is moot.

I used a Nvidia GEFORCE RTX 3060 12 GB memory GPU.

So somewhere in one or more of the setting in P3D the blank preview screen went blank.

I deleted the Nvidia setting used in the video and reverted to my previous settings and all is well.
So I guess thanks but no thanks. I guess these changes are not for everyone.

I mentioned my blank preview screen in P3D in the comments section of that video and he replied with:

reply.jpg

So he too has this issue. I will have to reply with the aphorism: If it ain't broke don't fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Released!

I have completed my purchase and its downloading now, 34GB, my browser says four hours to download.

Have you actually seen something about it posted? I don't see it in the store yet of course, but if today is the release date I would not expect it first thing in the morning.

Only that the date of July 3rd was removed from their news article and removed from an fselite news story too.

But its now released so it doesn't matter :ernaehrung004:

I am trying to decide if spending the $350 is worth it to be able to use weapons? It's disappointing that the capability is not extended to the Personal version. NC

Pete,

I would have to ask myself.....self, with all the other sims that I have bought and still use past and present, will this new sim be satisfying enough to be my main go to sim over the other
ones that I still have installed and very rarely play. You have the MS2020 and I thought that one would of "floated your boat" enough to become the all around main sim to use.
I am waiting for others to jump in there and experience what V6 offers and check with them later and relate how it compares to V5.4 - I see that internet connection is needed (like MSFS 2020)
so I have mental reservations about that (for now). And what other bug-a-boos surprises/disappointments there are in V6 i.e. does it live up to expectations? Time will tell, but if I go in for
the V6 it will be because I gave it my due diligence. When I jumped from V4.5 to 5, I didn't know at the time that there would be scenery compatibility issues. Things like that I have been
one bitten and twice shy. I know that I will not fork over $350 for a sim. Maybe for the basic V6 if any at all.

I am trying to decide if spending the $350 is worth it to be able to use weapons? It's disappointing that the capability is not extended to the Personal version. NC

And to play V6 without internet the price is a skosh ($350) much whereas in V5.4 no internet is needed.
A big turn off for me is the internet connection for V6 basic. Besides the ability to fire weapons and no internet is required, wonder what if that extra (Pro) $291 is worth
it for home use?
Yet there are folks here that still sim in the older versions FS2002/FSX and seem content with that. To each their own.....

I though you needed Pro Plus to use weapons. As far as I can tell biggest practical reason to get Pro over Personal is you can use it off line and outside teh home.

https://prepar3d.com/announcement/2023/06/129069/

I’m guessing the hacky third-party weapons that consumer-targeted military plane add-ones used in earlier versions will still work. Probably just the native P3D weapon systems need the high-end version. And I doubt those are going to be anywhere near designed with the realism depth of DCS anyway — different audience.

Downloaded and installed without any drama.
Same aircraft selection in v6 as v5 so I'm going to see what works in v6 that worked in v5.
Certainly runs smoothly enough out of box.
:encouragement:

I got mine setup pretty well, was able to point v6 to use all the add-on folders for v5, including ORBX scenery, works quite seamlessly.

I know a lot of ppl are wondering if its worth it to by, but I look at as supporting the cause, 60$ every few years to keep them in business is a small contribution to the cause.

And to play V6 without internet the price is a skosh ($350) much whereas in V5.4 no internet is needed.
A big turn off for me is the internet connection for V6 basic. Besides the ability to fire weapons and no internet is required, wonder what if that extra (Pro) $291 is worth
it for home use?
Yet there are folks here that still sim in the older versions FS2002/FSX and seem content with that. To each their own.....

The Pro version will not bring any weapons.
It's only the Pro Plus, which is waaaay more expensive.

P3Dv6_Trials_006.jpg

Absolutely bog standard Lockheed 18 by Milton and friends, dropped straight into 'Airplanes'.
Scenery is pretty dreary but I've left everything stock for now.
:encouragement:

Back