• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3d v6

And to play V6 without internet the price is a skosh ($350) much whereas in V5.4 no internet is needed.
A big turn off for me is the internet connection for V6 basic. Besides the ability to fire weapons and no internet is required, wonder what if that extra (Pro) $291 is worth
it for home use?
Yet there are folks here that still sim in the older versions FS2002/FSX and seem content with that. To each their own.....

We keep using P3Dv4.5 for our usual ops. It is compatible with everything, and not so ugly...

Any thoughts on the first/second/third update package????
:pirate:

An observation: aircraft such as Warbirds P51's in bare metal tend to show up 'Grey' whereas the AH Douglas DC3 shines and sparkles.
Probably a good example of PBR and no PBR.

Bought all previous versions they were the best. What I do in this games is just flying around to see the views , love a good airplane, not caring too much about systems or weapons. Now, I´m quite happy with MSFS and quit P3D. Spent a lot of money buying every update and to improve it, Orbx add-ons for terrain. Today I got free updates with MSFS, much better scenery no need to buy anything else other than excellent aircraft like the last one Bf-109 from FlyingIron and some airport. Have no need to buy this new version, will keep 5.3 because of some of the aircraft...

Any thoughts on the first/second/third update package????

An observation: aircraft such as Warbirds P51's in bare metal tend to show up 'Grey' whereas the AH Douglas DC3 shines and sparkles.
Probably a good example o6f PBR and no PBR.

In truth the old alpha channel method of putting shine on metal (or paint for that matter) just doesn't work in P3D v4.4+. The only answer for metal is PBR. This is why I've spent much of the last 5 years converting a lot of metal stuff..... ! MSFS is much better but, for me it's just a wonderful sight-seeing tool and nothing more! Give me P3D every time!

In truth the old alpha channel method of putting shine on metal (or paint for that matter) just doesn't work in P3D v4.4+. The only answer for metal is PBR. This is why I've spent much of the last 5 years converting a lot of metal stuff..... ! MSFS is much better but, for me it's just a wonderful sight-seeing tool and nothing more! Give me P3D every time!

Yep, looked at MSFS, but for real time weather with seasons and IFR, FSX/P3D still wins.

The Hustler looks good in V6 Dave :ernaehrung004:

Just looking into the feasibility of a new/revamped cockpit :dizzy:

That would be brilliant!!:ernaehrung004: A lovely old girl that still looks so beautiful. Bit like the wife.....:adoration:!!

50859340113_9dcecaf33d_h.jpg

DaveQ

That would be brilliant!!:ernaehrung004: A lovely old girl that still looks so beautiful. Bit like the wife.....:adoration:!!

50859340113_9dcecaf33d_h.jpg

DaveQ

I learned a few things about cockpits while doing the SR-71, so I'm hoping I can apply some of the same ideas with the B-58 to make the cockpit a bit more realistic in terms of texturing.

If anyone has any high resolution colour photographs of the pilots cockpit panels, I'd appreciate it :ernaehrung004:

Looking forward to it. She is so beautiful on the outside.
(I was going to "correct" your spelling of "colour" below as the browser suggested, but then I remembered who was talking.) :biggrin-new:
:ernaehrung004:

Might be of some use: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=B-58+Cockpit+Photo&form=IRIBIP&first=1

I learned a few things about cockpits while doing the SR-71, so I'm hoping I can apply some of the same ideas with the B-58 to make the cockpit a bit more realistic in terms of texturing.

If anyone has any high resolution colour photographs of the pilots cockpit panels, I'd appreciate it :ernaehrung004:

Looking forward to it. She is so beautiful on the outside.
(I was going to "correct" your spelling of "colour" below as the browser suggested, but then I remembered who was talking.) :biggrin-new:
:ernaehrung004:

Might be of some use: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=B-58+Cockpit+Photo&form=IRIBIP&first=1

Hahaha! She is indeed, I never really felt like I did it justice, its a very awkward cockpit to model with it's off centre (er) seating position and side panels, but hopefully I can do it better this time around. :ernaehrung004:

Here's an interesting one. I prefer v5.3 personally. It seems to more accurately render natural metal to me. This is the John Terrell's P-51B converted (still a wip) in v5.3 and 6. Roughly the same place.

V5.3

53104917439_1cdf357c62_k.jpg

v6

53104712036_82da84aabe_k.jpg

v6 is more saturated but v5 looks more authentic to me. A matter of taste I guess.....! Just wish there were more metal conversions out there because alpha channels just do not work. :frown-new:

DaveQ

Hahaha! She is indeed, I never really felt like I did it justice, its a very awkward cockpit to model with it's off centre (er) seating position and side panels, but hopefully I can do it better this time around.

It's a good working, functional VC and you captured well the unusual shape. I think it needs some texture shading on the grey panel bitmaps and maybe should be a shade darker?

https://b58facts.wordpress.com/2017/09/28/b-58-crew-stations/

Interesting what will migrate happily to v6.
Almost a case of the less complex the more compatible.
I'm just hanging out for ORBX to get off their hands and migrate to v6.

yQlkkZ.jpg

yEaVYS.jpg

Back